It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox 3.0 Beta: Fast, Stable, Full Of New Features

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Firefox 3.0 Beta: Fast, Stable, Full Of New Features

arstechnica.com

Mozilla announced the official release of Firefox 3 beta 1 early this morning. The first Firefox 3 beta, which is available for download from Mozilla's servers, offers some hot new features for users and web developers.....

Firefox 3 delivers an impressive assortment of new features and interface improvements. There are lots of changes under the hood as well, which improve performance and reduce resource consumption.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
developer.mozilla.org

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I get the impression that a lot of members here at ATS use the Firefox browser, I know I have since the first beta version.
I really like the version I use right now and am a little concerned about downloading the new version until its been around for a while.

Let us know if you're giving this beta version a try, I'd like some feedback from others before downloading it.

Download available here:
www.mozilla.com...

arstechnica.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Let us know if you're giving this beta version a try, I'd like some feedback from others before downloading it.

Will compile it here in a bit. Sounds quite interesting.

I wish they had a version of the mozilla suite with all the firefox and thunderbird looks and features. Oh well.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I just installed it....and I just uninstalled it.

After it froze my computer, I discovered that my plug ins and themes were not yet compatible.

So, I highly recommend waiting until it's off beta, or at least wait a few weeks. It's got some issues right now.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
So, I highly recommend waiting until it's off beta, or at least wait a few weeks. It's got some issues right now.

Yep, the source didn't want to compile either. Good idea.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Too bad.
I had heard the Beta was being released with only 18% of the extensions compatible. Not sure where I read that though.

If this release is like all the past ones the other stuff will catch up soon.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
beta is a four letter word.

I let someone else work out the bugs.

I don't foresee any problems but still......

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Flagged thread - looking forward to reading comments before I upgrade. Got very attached to firefox, I almost never use IE if I have a choice (except when sites don't allow me access because I appear as a google bot to see less ads!)

new topics

top topics

join