It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs Of Alien Engineering On Mars?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
What do we have here? Peculiar objects and formations that do not appear to be natural. Or perhaps the geology of Mars is such that it manifests itself in distinct patterns and objects as can be seen in the images below? Thought I'd share this with you. So here goes....

1. Strange Objects - Equally Spaced.

Here’s an image of Mars taken from the Opportunity camera in Jan 07.

Opportunity Sol 1070
Courtesy: NASA/JPL

There are six objects you can clearly see that I’ve marked in red squares. They are all equi-distant! Can this be possible in nature? Are they just stones lying around, or are these artificial constructs? (There are more objects in a straight line in the original Opportunity image which I have cropped).

2. ’Craters’ – Lined Up

This next image is a question mark. The exact location is unknown, but somewhere near 86.8°S, 341.3°W . This is an area termed ‘Anomaly 502’. Note the ‘craters’ on the upper right of the image on the left. The B/W pic on the right is purportedly a radar contour image of the same area where one can clearly see the ‘craters’. But they all seem equally spaced! Rare for a natural phenomenon!

Courtesy: Nightstalker

More…

3. Strange Parallel Furrows

These are in the form of parallel ‘tracks’ that run up the mountains from the valley floor, following the contours of the terrain in Candor Chasma. Though it’s a 3-D overlay, it does not explain why these have formed. The image joint which is in a straight line is also clearly visible below the ‘tracks’. So these ‘furrows can’t be the result of the joint.

Source image:
Thanks to Undo for the source image from which I found the 'furrows'!

4. Trench / ‘Canal System’

Here’s a pic of the Cydonia region of Mars. Notice the parallel walled trench. Was it part of a canal system that is now in ruins? Probably a defunct hydro system?

Courtesy: ESA/DLR/AOL

Original Image

5. The Icing On The Cake!

Now the best for the last! Here are three strange objects exactly 800 feet apart on Terra Meridiani!! Natural stone formation? You be the judge!

MOC narrow-angle image M00-01661
Courtesy: Marsunearthed

Original Image

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I think these are air ventilation ducts--since it is said that there atmosphere was torn away ,they moved under ground .
There was an article about Joe mcconeagle(remote viewer) ,and he viewed alien bases under ground . It is empty of life now,but the machinery and library and living area are still intact. He said that the base still had power.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
the sings are too real man.

but i think there is no intelligent life on mars right now, i think there was before,

there are too many factors that make me think life on mars today is impossible, and that some event destroyed mars, i think it was some kind of global warming too,i dont know.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
the signs are too real man.
but i think there is no intelligent life on mars right now, i think there was before,
there are too many factors that make me think life on mars today is impossible, and that some event destroyed mars, i think it was some kind of global warming too,i dont know.

That's right! What we're seeing is probably something from antiquity. I don't suggest that there is any intelligent life on Mars today!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
For 1 I'd need an overview satellite shot before believing they are really on a straight line.

It does look odd though. At least its not image compression glitches

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
They're intelligent because the second we and them are in cahoots....they'll be corrupted by us. Its no wonder hiding underground.
Dont they give you army guys any work to do?

In all seriousness, good job Mike. It'd be something if we'd be able to take pics of those areas a day later to see if those anomalies are still in place. The way they're all in line just made me think of tanks right away for whatever reason. But I'm more inclined to side with the post'r in regards to venting systems of some sorts.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Alien engineering? I dont know.

But IMO this is an interesting anomaly. Strange "Ball shape" with some kind of an "antenna device" ?

Original MOC Image

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Not sure about the tracks - I think we'd need to know more about the way the photos were taken and what's happened to them since - but as for the series of marks, I think we've seen this explained before. Any material that hit the planet at any sort of angle would have that skimming stone effect on the surface as it impacted - leaving a line of marks like the ones you've identified in front of it in a straight line pointing in the direction of the impact itself.

LW

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
mikes,
Yes interesting indeed..I think the strange objects lined up are most striking..They remind me of the WWI pardon my french maginot line >>
en.wikipedia.org...

Also craters lined up..come on..

Nice post..
BP

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Agreed they look like French military installations, or as someone else pointed out, ventilation shafts, anymore images of these from the various, orbiting satellites currently there?

Also, the original photo is wild, there's a handful more of the things on the horizon, the rover is right there, it's running on less then 3 hours battery life a day and is near death, both of them are from last report. Is the Phoenix lander, set to reach Mars mid next year, also having a rover? I haven't heard much about the mission... lastly, anybody w/ Photoshop, care to zoom in on some of these things? The ones to the left of the original image seem to be the most pronounced...

[edit on 21-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The first picture... that actually reminds me of, like one person already said.. ventilation ducts.. OR little hatches / viewing holes for ppl living underground to see whats above ground! (like a smaller scale of the ones in chronicles of riddick)

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I´ve posted the first image in a Mar´s thread on the Space Exploration forum some time ago.

It is really curious. I think that the logical explanations could be:

1. Sand dunes (don´t ask me why they seem equidistant, no clue).

2. Terrain lifted / moved by the Rover (but i couldn´t match the Rover´s way with those objects/dunes)

3. Other form of terrain

4. Other...

Great thread Mike, the images are really intriguing.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

Lunica, check out this area that I've enlarged from the original MOC image you posted. Looks pretty odd, with what seem like anomalies. Here it is...

Courtesy: NASA/JPL

Notice the squares?

Cheers!

[edit on 21-11-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Does anyone have a simulation of what mars might have looked like millions of years ago?

Does science know what kind of asteroids and comets might have struck Mars in the past?

Would that explain some of the reasons for moving underground?

Do you think John Lear will help answer some of the questions in this thread?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Very good find Mike. I don't see how these could be naturally formed. Perhaps I'll have time to look into this more once off work.

Happy Turkey Day Everyone!

Edited just to tell you that I flagged and starred this thread.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by Sanity Lost]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheExaminer
Does anyone have a simulation of what mars might have looked like millions of years ago?

yes...

Do you think John Lear will help answer some of the questions in this thread?

Maybe but John leaves th Mars stuff to me

Nice ones Mike but dangit FIVE in one post

LOL more work I see... never a rest...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Clouds caused by orthographic uplift on Earth are also regularly spaced. Regular spacing doesn't mean anything and I hardly think NASA would intentionally or accidentally plunk Spirit or Opportunity slam bang on top of buried alien structures.

If you want to look for signs of intelligent alien life on Mars, rather look for massive engineering works like canals and mine dumps.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Mikesingh...that last pic you posted looks (to me) a lot like the spaceships that were in the movie "Independence Day"

There were a lot of good shots taken by the MOC, but Of course everything had to start going wrong when the really good shots of Cydonia were about to get taken.

Happy turky day to all!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I must take issue with the title of this thread..."Signs Of Alien Engineering On Mars?"

Wouldn't these images be, more likely, evidence of Martian engineering on Mars?

Once again, and as always, nice work Mike!!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I agree- looks clear as day that theres life there or was...I've always noticed that about mars. Looks abonded or if there are life forms there I'm sure they've gone underground...but I doubt they're there. Seems like a waste of a planet to me...but then again look at all the other planets in OUR solar system...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join