It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Charged With Raping Sleepwalking Woman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Man Charged With Raping Sleepwalking Woman

www.msnbc.msn.com

Homeless, HIV-positive man, 52, allegedly attacked student near highway

CINCINNATI - A homeless man was indicted Tuesday on charges that he raped a college student while she was sleepwalking along a highway near her home.

The woman, a 23-year-old University of Cincinnati student, woke up during the attack and fought back but could not get away, said Hamilton County prosecutor Seth Tieger.

Dexter Ford, 52, was also charged with felonious assault because he knew he was HIV-positive, Tieger told The Cincinnati Enquirer. Police said Ford told them that he is HIV positive, and Hamilton County Municipal Judge Fanon Rucker ordered Ford to be tested for venereal diseases. It wasn’t clear if the woman has been tested.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.enquirer.com
www.columbusdispatch.com

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I really don't understand this sleepwalking phenomena, but how do you get out on a highway walking along and still be asleep ???

The saddest part of this story though is the man knew he was HIV-positive and has given this young woman a death sentence.
I look at the charges filed against the rapist and wonder if it should be an attempted murder charge, and then upgraded to murder if she dies of the disease in the future.

Any person knowingly passing on this disease or infected should be branded or tattooed for life so others can see they have it.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Wow that really is horrible. I just don't understand how someone can rape another person, even more so when that someone knowingly has HIV. I agree 110% with AD, this man; if one can call him that, should be charged with attempted murded and later on possibly murder. A deadly virus like the HIV virus should be considered the same a a gun or knife when used against another human, it's a bio wepon IMHO.

apc

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well, there is such a thing as sexomnia. People having sex while sleep walking. Their partners can't even tell they're really asleep. Also not unheard of for sufferers to leave their home and have sex with strangers. If this woman is a sexomniac and suddenly changed moods in the middle of the act when she awoke, that dude would have been one confused hobo.

It will take a sleep lab to find out... I hope either someone on either side of this case books her one. For both her sake and his.

If this was a true rape, an attempted murder charge would be appropriate. She certainly hasn't been sentenced to death just from one exposure to HIV. If he went around to the back door, infection is more likely, but still not guaranteed. And if she is infected, treatment this early significantly improves her expectations.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
This is terrible story - and I get the idea that homeless guy is gonna get more help than punishment, which sucks. I really hope the girl got the anti HIV drugs in time and they worked, it is possible.

When I was younger I had a bout of sleepwalking, nothing as serious of course, little tip - if someone points out that you do that clutter up the floor around your bed with fairly solid objects - after the first 15 or 20 stubbed toes you no longer sleep walk! But I altered sleepwalking slightly and started finding paper and folding it and putting it in pockets for some really odd reason, sleep walking is a very odd thing indeed.

top topics

join