It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The High Cost Of The War On Terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Yesterday we had the first snowfall of the season. Usually, this invokes a sense of joy in my life, if only because everything is blanketed with a sense of pure new beginnings.

This year, it is different. Not only for me personally, but for the entire human race. At least, that's the way I feel.

What is it? A sense of uneasiness, an itch. It's like we are stuck in a part of history where we are at a stalemate. And I can't help but feel that it has to do with the War on Terror.

Economies are down. Prices are rising. People are mistrustful. Even my small vegetable garden produced a smaller yield than usual this year.

It's like we are stuck in a rut, waiting...but for what? There seems to be an inertia that will take some major effect to get us moving again.

This war has instilled fear in many people. Some of it is valid and some of it is manufactured. But it is all as paralyzing as a viper's bite.

We should be enjoying life and moving mankind forward at a great pace. We have reached the highest pinnacle of technology ever, and we should be putting it to good use for all of us to benefit from. Instead, there seems to be this aura of cynicism and mistrust that surrounds us. Christian hating Muslim. East pitted against the West. Next it will be brother against brother, I fear.

What has brought us to this point? The answer is obvious to me: War. War has sapped us of our energy and our natural resources. It has become the basis of our history books. This War on Terror has been as devastating as 20 Katrina's. And it has exacted a price from all of us.

We cannot afford another war. The price would be too high, and not only in terms of dollars. The toll on our souls would be debilitating.

I am not naive enough to think that we can all live together like kittens and puppies, but isn't it time we tried working out our differences without bombs and bullets?

Thanks for listening.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Well maybe the warmer weather is cooking my brain but I think that it is impossible to meet Islamic extremists half way . You would never have heard but in Africa with min involvement the US has arguable had the most success in fighting the enemy. I'm afriad that I was unable to dig up a thread on this matter.

I think that threat from the enemy shouldn't be underestimated but I am determined not change my way of life thus giving the enemy satisfaction even if I don't submit to Islamic law. In fact wonders never cease I am going to try my hand at growing some vegetables this year.

join