It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the American people stand up?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by St.Joseph
When? Soon. Possibly 2012. That will be when the chains tighten and many die. The evil in this land will be gone and all be humbled and live in peace. li

Har har!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The ATS 5th of November presentation sounded like a good idea, what’s going on with that? Things like that could help promote truth and thought. If you can find a way for people to make money off of truth, people are bound to try. You need to turn it into a marketable network. They base everything on polls and so we end up promoting the best of the worst. The people will watch the most entertaining thing on. You can make anything entertaining, especially if it tickles people's truth bone. Look at YouTube, or real networks like Discovery and Sci-Fi. It can be done. Even with news like the Daily Show. YouTube truth videos don't provide enough insight for most people to take seriously and there is too much junk and contradicting propaganda for people to sort through.

What's going on with that ATS uber network?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Spot on Dionysius.

Self suffiency is what its all about.

I wish I could say exactly what to do...but y'know how it is

Some tips:

learn to hunt
learn to keep warm
learn how to collect drinkable water
Learn how to 'construct'
learn basic first aid
learn how to clean

Without your house, car or t.v and even computer.

Although using a computer to research these things before hand would be good.

You don't even need additional income to survive once you've got your essential equipment and skills.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It will be interesting watching 300,000,000 people try to do that (In the USA alone).

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The Good Reverend Roger

Exactly. I don’t know how people with all these dreams of every individual on the planet living completely independent of each other think there is any way to do that without killing massive amounts of people. And if they are so worried about that happening maybe they should stop telling people to give up and strap up for Thunderdome.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by captainplanet]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainplanet

Exactly. I don’t know how people with all these dreams of every individual on the planet living completely independent of each other think there is any way to do that without killing massive amounts of people. And if they are so worried about that happening maybe they should stop telling people to give up and strap up for Thunderdome.

Its not completely independent of each other. I wouldn't expect your average Joe to be able to do everything. There might be a Julie involved or some others lol

Thunderdome - Thats that hardcore techno doo, right?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well, to me it seems like people are weak and powerless now.

The government wins.

gg...

Fear is alive and well, especially in control, am I not right? There's probably nothing much to do or whatever...

[edit on 23-11-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by amanbuthimself

It’s a Mel Gibson movie from the 80 about a near structure less, post apocalypse. Just a flashy hollwood movie with a "Gibson moral".

What would we ultimately create though? A bill of rights and a constitution? Why don’t we just fix what we have?

Only in the reality projected to us are we powerless, and it is a very fragile reality.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
I just finished watching a couple of vids on the how the American government is taking away peoples rights…..

There are protests, but they do nothing, …..but nothing’s being done about it.
…..I expected there to be people doing something about it, not just talking about it, and doing nothing

I’ll admit it here in Australia we have got it pretty damn good, we’re the 3’rd best livable country in the world according to the UN in 2006.

..with all your talk about America being home of the free and all, you should be the 1’st…what if the next one goes a step further and turns America into George Orwell’s 1984…

[edit on 063030p://am3058 by andre18]

It's not just the rights of the Americans that are being takn away. Every countries citizens are being undermined. We are all being led into a false sense of security for the benefit of a few.

Protests in the UK are becoming less and less as more laws are passed to prevent any form of protest. The people of Earth should take note on how the French protest. The French really kick butt when they decide to make a stand.

Usually, the reason nothing is done is for the fear of being arrested and charged for any number of laws, which now can include terrorism, and being sent to jail.

There are lots of us who do actively do something about it. Myself included. Generally I inform others who are less fortunate than myself to not be able to receive such information that is available to us. My present living conditions put me in such a position.

Of course the UN would describe Australia as such. Most of Australia still bows down to the English royal (German) family... who have their feet in the same bed as the Brit government, who in turn, are the puppets of the United states of A.

America has, unfortunately, been the cause of its own downfall. From discussions I've had and overheard the majority are sick and tired of the stereo typical American idea of being the best country and people on Earth.
It kind of reminds you of a certain country in Europe in the 1930's and their proclamations of godliness.

The UN is just and extension of Americas grip on the world, nothing more.
It was set up after world war two to be the worlds first global government, but it failed to take hold as some refused to sign up for it. So now it's labeled as a peaceful organization.

For most of the UK, 1984 is already here. especially when you take note of the CCTV cameras, traffic control cameras, the planned national ID cards (WW2 again) the recent test of remote controlled planes fitted with cameras for use by the police.. and a whole lot more.

In the Philippines and India, the new call centres that have sprung up require staff who have strong English or American accents.
From what I've seen, India requires English accents, and the Philippines require American accents.. apparently it is so that Uk and USA callers to call centres wont have trouble understanding "foreigners".

To me, this is a major insult. This is racism and discrimination. The USA and the UK businesses running these call centres are taking advantage of these people in a major fashion. I personally know people who have been refused work due to them not having a good enough accent... how disgusting is that I ask you.

If you refused someone a job for that reason in the UK or USA you would most probably end up in court, fined and/or jailed.

I met an air hostess who had a terrible American accent. I got talking to her and asked her where she learnt her accent. She replied she learnt it from the television in order to secure her job as an air stewardess.

People generally say that places like India and the Philippines are developing countries. No, they are not.. the people of these countries have been around far longer than most European countries.. It is the will of the western ideals being sold on that makes them look poor.

I could go on but running out of character space.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I just want to step in here and say how inspirational the scene of the mass of buffalo was defending the baby buffalo, in the last vid titled
‘We Are The Ones We Have Been Waiting For’
at the start of 3:21......

I never thought or expected any other creatures but the human race to have such compassion for its own kind.....so beautiful, I’ve never seen anything like it......it gives me hope that if they can pull off something like that, then we also have the power to be able to stand up.....

It gives me a sort of "enough is a [Mod Edit] enough" sort of feeling..

[Mod Edit: Censor circumnavigation - Jak]

[edit on 24/11/07 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

In the Philippines and India, the new call centres that have sprung up require staff who have strong English or American accents.
From what I've seen, India requires English accents, and the Philippines require American accents.. apparently it is so that Uk and USA callers to call centres wont have trouble understanding "foreigners".

To me, this is a major insult. This is racism and discrimination. The USA and the UK businesses running these call centres are taking advantage of these people in a major fashion. I personally know people who have been refused work due to them not having a good enough accent... how disgusting is that I ask you.

That is probably a marketing response to English speaking customers who always get directed to offices in India for tech support. I think the same thing does happen in the US sometimes with Spanish, that’s one of the reasons people hate on immigration(an un-constituted complaint there I think). Let the people speak how they will and let our businesses respond accordingly. They should have no obligations to hire someone unqualified for what they need.

On a possibly telling side note, I just found that the only words starting with “un” they actually bothered to define in Word’s dictionary are: un-English, un-Australian, and un-American. The 3 most suspected countries when it comes to subtle control.

I bet someone’s reading this now just because I typed those words, crazy government cooks.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by captainplanet]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Not to double post but, it’s actually kind of scary when you think about the legal aspect. Are there any laws that use those words? They could potentially screw the hell out of someone with that.

Here are the definitions:

un-A·mer·i·can [ùn ə mérrikən]
adj
1. not American: at odds with the customs, traditions, or ways of the people of the United States
It's practically un-American not to like apple pie.

2. not loyal to United States: unpatriotic or disloyal to the United States

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
-----
un-Aus·tra·lian

adj
Australia not like Australians: contrary to what are seen as the characteristically Australian traditions of fairness and egalitarianism

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
-----
un-En·glish

un-En·glish [un íng glish]
adj
1. not like English: not characteristic of the English people or their culture
2. not standard English usage: not considered standard English usage

Could it mean the difference between a “homegrown terrorist” and a foreign one? Disloyal meaning traitorous and thus executable?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by captainplanet

Very interesting point you put forward there.
In theory, every country and culture in the world should have the exact same wording for themselves. Bet the court of human rights would have a large headache if anyone decreed it to be so..which by rights, it should.

So you could be un-Nepalese, un-Turkish or even un-tribal Amazonian.
But then if someone wanted to get really finnickey about it then you could be charged with treason for entering any country at any time just for being born in another country.

But, everyone has the right to be an 'un' if there exists a few other 'uns' already. Why should only a few have the preference? How dare anyone decide that an 'un' is lesser.

And I do agree with you, it should not be the requirement of others to change their accents (or any other part of their identity) to suit the requirements of others.

I will never forget the words of an English tourist on holiday in France. He was trying to buy something in a super market and was getting really angry at the check out and eventually burst out a question.. "why don't they speak English?"

I just had to step in and had to remind this tourist that he was in France...not England.

This event was just one example of how we are all taught discrimination and how we are taught that the the people we are and the country we were born in is better than everyone else. I can't wait for this current train of thought to end and for a new respect to be learnt and shown to each and everyone.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
1. Rio Grande Blood

And now a message from the President of the United States George W. Bush
I've adopted sophisticated terrorist tactics
And I'm a dangerous, dangerous man
With dangerous, dangerous weapons
I want to drain the coal resources in America
And foreign sources of crude oil.
I'm a weapon of mass destruction
And I'm a brutal dictator
And I'm evil

[Verse 1]
I've got something that I must confess
I make a profit off people oppressed
I take the money 'til there's nothing left
And all I gotta say is Yippie Aye Yay

[Chorus]
Rio Grande Blood

I want money
I want yer money
I want crude oil
It's the government's money
I'm an asshole

[Verse 2]
I can't remember the world such a mess
Not for the companies I like the best
Exxon and Conoco - # all the rest

[Chorus]
Rio Grande Blood

I want money
I want yer money
I want crude oil
It's the government's money

Breakdown
We went to war because of our dependence on foreign oil
Haliburton
We went to war because of money
Haliburton
We will settle for nothing less than victory, victory
Haliburton
We will settle for nothing less than crude oil -crude oil

[Verse 3]
Squeezing the middle class whom I detest
Taxing the poor so the rich can invest
I know I'm an asshole, but aren't you impressed

[Chorus]
Rio Grande Blood

Rio Grande Blood
Rio Grande Blood
I want crude oil
Rio Grande Blood
I want money
Rio Grande Blood

all credits go to Ministry

all i can say if you have free time go read the lyrics , this fellow is a genius

MINISRTY rio grande blood

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
youtube.com...

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

Control on the American people, according to Alex Jones…..the basic NWO…very very interesting…I never new the world was this fkd up……….WTF is happening…………?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
In responce to the original post, I would say that it is going to take blood to get the US people to change. Lots of it.

It takes lots of blood or suffering for any country to change it's ways. Always has, always will.

When people here can't afford to pay for thier children to eat and one out of every 3 people in their family has been subject to a major act of violence or harrassment, maybe then change will happen. Until that time, I wouldn't expect anything to change except the loss of more of our freedoms.

As for the "ballsy" comment, many countries have opted to castrate themselves. The United States is one example. France, the UK, Canada, Germany and Austrialia are examples of others. We live in countries that have adopted a "victim" society. It has become fashionable to be a victim. The media caters to it and the masses suck it up. It is also far easier to sit there and blame one's current situation on the actions of others. Political correctness tends to lead people away from the truth, and towards excepting an excuse.

Example 1:

Jr's teacher called and said he was acting out in class. We took him to the doctor and he was diagnosed with ADD. The doc gave him Ritilin and now Jr is calm and stupified most of the time, but we haven't had any problems with him "acting out". He may have other side effects later in life but they aren't that bad.

Example 2:

Jr's teacher called and said he was acting out in class. Sr came home and was told of the problem and proceeded to give Jr a swift kick in the butt. We haven't had any problems with Jr since.

Now onto the "when are some of us going to stand up" portion of our show.
I would guess that chances are we won't until there is a conglomerating ideal in which the majority of the population is ready for and in support of. As of now the populations of the United States, and the rest of the world for that matter, are divided and confused. It won't be a group of militia members, or lobbyists, or religous cults. If I had to guess(and hope), I would say that people from all walks of life, with a wide variety of skill sets will be the ones to rise up out of the ashes and make something better. Perhaps some of those free thinking, logical, and at times brutally honest individuals are here on ATS right now. I could go on and on but it is almost 5am here.

The right and just desicion is always simple and, at times, the simple things are the hardest to accomplish.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by assassini]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by assassini
In responce to the original post, I would say that it is going to take blood to get the US people to change. Lots of it.

It takes lots of blood or suffering for any country to change it's ways. Always has, always will.

If the teevee works, the American people will tolerate anything.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

regarding your comment on the TV and how it works.. please take some time to check out the following information;

"This series is about how those in power have used Freud's theories to try and control the dangerous crowd in an age of mass democracy." - Adam Curtis

Sigmund Freud, the founder of psychoanalysis, changed the perception of the human mind and its workings profoundly. His influence on the 20th century is widely regarded as massive. The documentary describes the impact of Freud's theories on the perception of the human mind, and the ways public relations agencies and politicians have used this during the last 100 years for their "engineering of consent".

Among the main characters are Freud himself and his nephew Edward Bernays, who was the first to use psychological techniques in advertising. He is often seen as the "father of the public relations industry". Freud's daughter Anna Freud, a pioneer of child psychology, is mentioned in the second part, as well as Wilhelm Reich, one of the main opponents of Freud's theories.

more; en.wikipedia.org...

you'll find the documentary here www.youtube.com...
with further links to other relevant sections.

i've been trying to find the links to the full set of this program
www.youtube.com...

www.endofsuburbia.com...

I know the full length film is available on the net to watch as I've watched it but at the time did not bookmark the link.

This next clip is a very clever little video.
www.disclose.tv...

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

regarding your comment on the TV and how it works.. please take some time to check out the following information;

"This series is about how those in power have used Freud's theories to try and control the dangerous crowd in an age of mass democracy." - Adam Curtis

Sigmund Freud, the founder of psychoanalysis, changed the perception of the human mind and its workings profoundly. His influence on the 20th century is widely regarded as massive. The documentary describes the impact of Freud's theories on the perception of the human mind, and the ways public relations agencies and politicians have used this during the last 100 years for their "engineering of consent".

Among the main characters are Freud himself and his nephew Edward Bernays, who was the first to use psychological techniques in advertising. He is often seen as the "father of the public relations industry". Freud's daughter Anna Freud, a pioneer of child psychology, is mentioned in the second part, as well as Wilhelm Reich, one of the main opponents of Freud's theories.

more; en.wikipedia.org...

you'll find the documentary here www.youtube.com...
with further links to other relevant sections.

i've been trying to find the links to the full set of this program
www.youtube.com...

www.endofsuburbia.com...

I know the full length film is available on the net to watch as I've watched it but at the time did not bookmark the link.

This next clip is a very clever little video.
www.disclose.tv...

Oh, yes, very good stuff. I have heard much of it before.

You might also consider reading up on the non-fiction work of Robert Anton Wilson. He advanced some ideas dealing with neuro-programming that are startling, and can also help explain why the "government", madison avenue, etc are so good at steering people around.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
not everyone shares you opinion.

After watching the videos, i'd like to see anyone think the people of America, or even the people of the world, arn't being screwd over by the world governments.....
]

[edit on 25-11-2007 by andre18]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join