It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the American people stand up?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I just finished watching a couple of vids on the how the American government is taking away peoples rights…..

www.puppetgov.com... please watch every single video…

I knew a bit about this beforehand, but it was still an eye opener……….
What I’m understanding from this, is that the people of America are having their freedom taken from them……If I was American, I’d be formulating groups to actually do something about this…….With all this control happening, why hasn’t it been stopped?

There are protests, but they do nothing, as people tragically found out after the war in the Middle East never stopped. Protests did nothing because the government didn't listen. Plenty of people are pointing out all this control…..plenty…..but nothing’s being done about it…….why?

After watching those vids…..I expected there to be people doing something about it, not just talking about it, and doing nothing……Are you waiting for someone to come along and have the guts to stand up and finally do so something about it….? As seen from the vids, you the people are going to have to do it your selves. Get off you asses and do it.

I’ll admit it here in Australia we have got it pretty damn good, we’re the 3’rd best livable country in the world according to the UN in 2006.

www.infoplease.com...

You guys are 8’th……Japan, Canada, Sweden, Ireland, Australia, Iceland and then Norway……..with all your talk about America being home of the free and all, you should be the 1’st…………..Is it that Bush’s term is almost up, so it doesn’t really matter….? But then what if the next one goes a step further and turns America into George Orwell’s 1984…Or are we there now…..with such control and senseless war already going on….

I’m still waiting to be on the couch turning on the news, where are ballsy group of people have actually fkd over the governments grip on everyone’s asses, and Bush, Cheney and all the others are in jail……..I’m waiting……

Here’s just some more stuff, that will show you how much control BS there really is happening…

9/11 Ring of Power 1/38

youtube.com...

THE HIDDEN EMPIRE 5/38

youtube.com...

GOD & THE QUEEN 11/38

youtube.com...

The Godfathers 17/38

youtube.com...

Asses of Evil 28/38

youtube.com...

It’ll take a day or more to watch it all……I don’t expect anyone to watch them all…..but the message is there………….

[edit on 063030p://am3058 by andre18]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
simply put, not everyone shares you opinion.

I can say the only time I ever hear about what a police state we live in is on ATS.

The vast majority of americans will tell you outside of air travel, their lives haven't changed at all since 9/11 or the dept of homeland defense.

Everyone blusters about wire taps and free speech zones, but in practical reality, as Americans look around, the car is still in the driveway, the house is still there, no enemies at the borders, and the Iraq war is in a far off desert.

Even the stock market is a lot higher than when W took office.

As the romans said, "give them bread and circus', and they will not care who leads them"

Americans won't get off their asses until the fridge is empty, and we are a long way away from that

Don't belive everything you see on the internet

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
We are trying. There are appropriate avenues still available and we are trying to wake our fellow Americans up so we can change before all those videos become a reality.

Ron Paul, Kucinich, people don’t trust Obama but I like him as far as the front runners go. More people need to wake up. Denise Kucinich may not get elected but he is pushing for impeachment right now.

This organization claims to have 6 million members through all its affiliates, I signed up
www.americanfreedomcampaign.org...

I edited and sent this letter too, any other Americans should as well:
salsa.democracyinaction.org...

I think we are fighting with information, hoping for a democratic solution in the 08 election or for the crap to hit the fan before we do anything to risk our immediate freedoms, which are still physically in tact even if on paper they can be taken away.

We simply need to wake up, and act accordingly and our government will follow.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I attibute it to the chemtrails, the spraying that has gone on for years, probably some sort of element that makes you not care...

The water is probably tainted with sedatives,
and God knows what else they have done to make the masses NOT CARE.

I will tell you this, i DO CARE and they havent gotten to me yet. As long as people here have jobs, and on Fridays can get their Buffalo wings with Bleu cheese and their beer, move about, play the lottery, yada yada, they dont care what is being said or what is coming down. Its very sad to see zombies among us who dont give a hoot about their freedoms.

What freedoms? (For those who will ask what freedoms have been taken away)....a quick search like the OP did.

This is no longer the United States of America, and apparently, its ok.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Many are still living under the illusion that the system is great, has always been great, and always will be great. When people are comfortable, entertained, and distracted they are unable to understand what is really going on; and often times even if they have an idea, they do not care.

The United States isn't the only country who is systematically stripping away the people's freedoms, it's happening in your country of Australia as well. It's not so apparent if you are a mildly successful middle income worker, but as our world crumbles around us more and more are waking up to the truth.

People are organizing and working together to find solutions but you will not see anyone stand up with arms until there are no other options. We don't want to fight our neighbors, we don't want to use violence as a means to our ends. We will see how far we can go with information, knowledge, and wisdom.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Never will stand up we are like jelly fish.....

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
But people do something. They protests and have marches to public buildings. But media don't cover it or don't support it so then noone can do anything. And nobody earn any money on the protesters so...

dgtemper
> the spraying that has gone on for years, probably some sort of element that makes you not care

television companies already did this without having to buy airplains to dump anything in the air...

[edit on 21-11-2007 by Ghaele]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I will tell you this, i DO CARE and they havent gotten to me yet. As long as people here have jobs, and on Fridays can get their Buffalo wings with Bleu cheese and their beer, move about, play the lottery, yada yada, they dont care what is being said or what is coming down. Its very sad to see zombies among us who dont give a hoot about their freedoms.

Think you hit the nail on the head with that statement. It seems to be what I see in people. The economics of it are on the way but some have not been hit by it yet. I've been there. Hope down the road things change for the better.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Everyone blusters about wire taps and free speech zones, but in practical reality, as Americans look around, the car is still in the driveway, the house is still there, no enemies at the borders, and the Iraq war is in a far off desert.

YES,
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN - IRAQ IS A DESERT!

Thank you for your eye-opening ignorance. (not directly aimed at you or you at all)

I will not judge you though because I knew you was only making an example.

I think people need to learn:

They picked Akanni up one morning
Beat him soft like clay
And stuffed him down the belly of a waiting jeep

What business of mine is it
So long they don't take the yam
From my savouring mouth

Chinwe went to work one day
Only to find her job was gone:
No query, no warning, no probe - Just one neat sack for a stainless record.

From my savouring mouth

They came one night
Booted the whole house awake
And dragged Danladi out,
Then off to a lengthy absence.

From my savouring mouth

And then one eyening
As I sat down to eat my yam
A knock on the door froze my hungry hand.
The jeep was waiting on my bewildered lawn
Waiting, waiting in its usual silence.

And the slightly more popular:

First they came for the communists,
Then for the social democrats,
Then the trade unionists,
Then the jews,
Then for me,
Then there was no left to speak for me.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by amanbuthimself]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
When? Soon. Possibly 2012. That will be when the chains tighten and many die. The evil in this land will be gone and all be humbled and live in peace. li

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Things in the U.K are pretty bad too though.

Finding activists is HARD. People will spread rumours rife and people will change what you say and you know being an activist is just as bad as being a terrorist - in goverment eyes.

People are too busy to do anything because they are so thankful they are still here. I have some pre thought out scenarios planned and solutions that are 100% free of violence.

Okay... maybe the 'solutions' don't solve the scenarios but they certainly wouldn't say "Yep I'm here and don't care. Can i be next?".

STOP LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO DO SOMETHING.
YOU DO SOMETHING!

You have more knowledge than the 'sheeple' out there so don't expect $*@# from them.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The American people are still trying to change the government.

That won't work.

The people have to change themselves. This is both easier to do than changing the government, and difficult at the same time.

It requires rethinking. It requires planning and getting to know and trust your neighbors.

We will NEVER get the results out of government we ask for.

We must then start taking care of each other and ourselves.

The more of us we get on board the new plan for the future, the fewer there will be left to do their dirty work.

I'm not talking about revolution. I'm not talking about revolt. There will be no violence here. Just everybody stepping off this crazy train headed over a cliff and grabbing on to a new one.

Our soldiers will no longer fight their wars,

Our people will no longer believe their lies,

Our industry will no longer work their will,

And our art will no longer glorify their vision of the world.

The future is ours.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by dionysius9]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
When we're all RFID tagged, logged, and buns up and kneelin'. Makes me sick too!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Nothing will ever happen to make the American citizens do anything but cower in the face of power. They worship strength, control and power.

As long as the Corpratacracy controlls the food and energy distrubition; cold and hungry people will only scrape and bow.

I don't often agree with Priest but he was spot on about the

"bread and circus"

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I think you've got your hands full over there. Maybe you should worry about your own future. Your future Prime Minister says he will withdrawl troops from Iraq. That's pretty weak!

Are you protesting the campaign fraud? Are you registered to vote?

abcnews.go.com...

Howard supporters in a Sydney district were caught delivering leaflets attributed to a bogus Islamic organization, which urged voters to support the opposition Labor Party because it approved of forgiving terrorists involved in the deadly 2002 Bali nightclub bombings.

news.independent.co.uk...

The Labour leader has promised to sign the Kyoto Protocol on reducing global carbon emissions and withdraw Australian combat troops from Iraq.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There will be no revolution as long as the teevee works.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
...but if you connect your teevee to your peecee then you can begin to control what information is forming your thoughts. Disconnect your satellite receivers, cable boxes, and rabbit ears and turn your big screen into a center of truth and learning.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Got your six on that wingman, excellent point.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
At this point I’m not optimistic for the immediate future.

The television will not be revolutionized.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
simply put, not everyone shares you opinion.

I can say the only time I ever hear about what a police state we live in is on ATS.

The vast majority of americans will tell you outside of air travel, their lives haven't changed at all since 9/11 or the dept of homeland defense.

Even the stock market is a lot higher than when W took office.

As the romans said, "give them bread and circus', and they will not care who leads them"

Americans won't get off their asses until the fridge is empty, and we are a long way away from that Don't belive everything you see on the internet

you never see reports like this on the idiot box or newspaper because they are owned by the Government. The media controls what you hear......the internet still has a free reign. It's the last outlet that isn't corporate or governmental control. OPEN YOUR EYES........

[edit on 22-11-2007 by antmax21]

[edit on 22-11-2007 by antmax21]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join