It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discover real chinese gov secrets the easy way!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
When a government censors something to most people it says "nothing to see here" but to me it says "here's a mystery to uncover".

So, do you want to uncover a conspiracy? Learn the truth about a Chinese government secret they don't want you to know? You could be the first, or at least the first English speaker to know.

It's easy - go to Chinese-Censorship-Dictionary.blogspot.com... and pick a censored word. It might be a name, place, date or anything. Use translators online , research it and figure out why it's censored. When you've figured it out, post your results as comments on the blog.

I can't even read Chinese so I have to use google.com... I also use it to translate zh.wikipedia.org and chinese google results.

When you have uncovered the reasons why the current words are censored and I'll post some more

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If you see lots of ???????????'s then follow these steps to install Chinese fonts for Windows XP.

* Click on Start
* Go to Settings
* Click on Control Panel
* Double click Regional Options
* Click on the Languages tab
* Check Install files for East Asian languages
* Click on Apply
* If necessary insert the Windows XP installation cd. Your system will reboot afterwards

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I really dont get what you are trying to say.. can you post some examples

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I understand but I am unwilling to participate (although you have got a highly interesting thread). I think you should move this to the research forum, it would be much more widely recieved and participated in. Also, if you post what YOU personally have found; it would be motivation.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Hi amanbuthimself,

Thanks for the advice. I will repost this thread in the Research forum.

I personally have found all sorts of unexpected and interesting information so I'll give you this example because it's not as it first appears.

论衡 is something I found. At first glance it's a couple of Chinese characters I cannot read. So I used Google's translator to find it translates to 'Lun Heng'.

By googling for Lun Heng in english I discover that it's the title of the earliest book about the Chinese Zodiac, written by the Eastern Han Dynasty (25-220) materialism philosopher Wang Cong. It's also (possibly) titled : "Discourses weighed in the balance".

Next I google'd the Chinese characters, 论衡. I can't read the results so I cut & paste the URL into Google's Translator to use the Translate a Web Page feature.
The results are strange to read because they've been automatically translated but by reading news articles I can infer 论衡 relates to Taiwanese lawyers challenging "anti-secession law" and it relates to Taiwanese independence.

new topics

top topics

join