It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rocks" misbehaving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I just happened to read this (and I can tell it's not made-up - the events could be misinterpreted, but it's not made-up), and I was wondering whether anyone else has ever had a similar experience:

Orange Rock

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Wow that's pretty interesting. I wish she would have been able to get a picture of the thing. I'm totally baffled, but I would like to say that something that can interfere with the flow of power and telephone lines is most likely absorbing electrical and/or magnetic energy from the air around it. It would also not surprise me to learn that the object was at least moderately radioactive, based on the glowing.

Total speculation, though. very strange story.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Interesting story, but how do you know it's not made up?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
reply to post by Vanitas

Interesting story, but how do you know it's not made up?

A perfectly legitimate question!
But I am afraid I can only reply: I just do.
(And I really do.
In fact, I often do it for a living. ; ))

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Loki

Absolutely.
I mean, it's gotta be radioactive.

I wish she had posted more details!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Good story but no proof. Anyone can write something like this up. I believe this not to be true. I wish these people would provide some proof - anything other than just some words written on the internet.

Take care and peace,
- Naz

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nazgarn

There is always, at least theoretically, the possibility that somebody is lying or perhaps exaggerating.

But I think you could be greatly surprised at the low number of people who actually take the time and invest the effort to lie when there's nothing "in it" for them: no "fame" (or infamy), since their names are not disclosed; no money; no nothing... (excuse my French).

This testimony sounds as real as any I've ever heard or read (and I "deal" in people - nothing ominous, no need to call the police ; )). Which doesn't mean, of course, that I couldn't be wrong.

But that's beside the point anyway: this is just one story among very many. And if just ONE of those I have in mind right now would be true...

Eh, 'nuff said.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I glanced over this phenomena ages back and came to the conclusion that it was caused by some reaction between the earths natural(possibly magnetic?) energy and certain metals or minerals in the rocks in a way we don't fully understand yet

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
That story sounds like total b.s... I think there is an abundance of people who
get a kick out of making up stories. The story tellers claim amazing things, yet they NEVER take photos or contact other people to witness the phenomena.
I especially like the part about the muscular women driving up in the van.
What a fanciful imagination! Anyway that's just my humble opinion.

While I'm babbling on, I'd like to say I get such a kick out of ATS members who
claim they have a fullproof ability to discern whether someone is being truthfull
or lying. I just read a thread about someone's UFO story, and when it was doubted, someone responded
"There is no way she is lying!!!" What a riot.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I didn't read the story but i assumed he was talking about how some rocks have been seen moving by themselves. if thats not the case then just ignore my previous post

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Im betting that if this story is true, the rock was indeed radioactive and was picked up by a fly over by one of the Surveying Aircraft looking for radioactive signatures. As to the nature of origin of the rock its possibly orange due to being uranium and may be man made or meteorite.

But alas the longer I surf the clutter of the internet the more I realise that humans talk rubbish and make most things up to big note themself or to make money. The only exception to this rule is if the person or claimant is sane, rich, well known, nothing to gain and seems sincere...then they are mroe than likely on substances deemed illegal by authorities.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by mazzroth]

top topics

join