It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok I give up. I have a shadow person in my house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
What do I do?

Just moved into a new place about a month ago, and something is definitely here. Nothing has flown off the wall and conked me on the . yet, so I assume it's not an evil shadow thing/man/creature.

Any suggestions on how to uh get rid of it?

I'm tired of doors slamming for no reason, and seeing shadows moving across rooms.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by slackerwire]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
i had personal experience with shadows, and there really nothing you should worry about, nothing more than curious entities from the other dimension(s)

Anyways, while I'm not sure whether not it was me or them, but after weeks of sighting, they just simply vanish, and maybe once in a while I'll get a glimpse of them again.

But if you want them gone, just go to the room of their presence and ask if they could go away, and if you want some assurance bring something comfortable with you: a cross or star of david. Be confident, be bold, show no fear, show kindness and respect...

...don't worry they're perfectly harmless, the one i encountered seem to be more afraid of me, then I with them....

[edit on 21-11-2007 by skyblueff0]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueff0

Being that I'm not a religious person, do you think a gun would work?

I'm not uncomfortable with it here, but the door slamming and seeing something move every day gets a little tiresome.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
oh my apologize, I didn't read you first post clearly, anyways my post was a respond to "shadow beings"...

but, you don't have to be religious, but the best thing you could do is go that room one day, and try to communicate with the spirit. I'd say its best to peacefully ask the spirit/being to stop slamming the door.

I don't think bringing a gun would do any good, partly because it might evoke anger if the spirit, but its mainly because I doubt a gun would do much for a being that lacks a physical body...anyways it wouldn't do you any good if the neighbor hear you shooting around, lol try explaining you were trying to kill ghosts...

joking aside, a peaceful plea is my best suggestion, and thank the spirit if it comply. It might be a spirit, but it was once a spirit of a person, and well its like human to desire respect..

[edit on 21-11-2007 by skyblueff0]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Indeed try talking to the spirit.

We have a little girl that has followed us for several years. She is a precocious little git. She likes to "borrow things". Pens , pencils,sun glasses, tools, etc..
She always returns them, usually just after you turn the house upside down looking for them. somewhere we even have a picture of her. cute kid but
she can be a PITA at times.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Make him pay rent or kick his butt out the house. Seriously, is the house creepy?
It could just all be in your ., I never seen any real proof of ghost.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PontiacWarrior
Make him pay rent or kick his butt out the house. Seriously, is the house creepy?
It could just all be in your ., I never seen any real proof of ghost.

Thats kind of what I was thinking. The house is less than 10 years old, and rent in my area of Las Vegas isnt cheap by any means. I'm thinkin if shadow thing wants to slam doors and stuff, the least it could do is kick in a bit for bills.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Any suggestions on how to uh get rid of it?

If it were me, I'd stand in a room someplace and announce yourself loudly and clearly with intent to attract it's attention. Wherever it "feels" like it is, face it . on. Odds are good you'll succeed, and probably be intensely aware of a change in the room.

From that point, I'd explain that I lived there, that it was my space, and command it to leave. It might take some time, but if you consistently deliver the same message, insistently and forcefully, it's likely to work.

skyblueff0:
ask if they could go away

By asking you imply that "no" is an acceptable answer.

Be confident, be bold, show no fear

Yes. Absolutely critical. Your emotions will show just as clearly as your words. Being afraid while issuing a command is almost an invitation to resist and fight you. That's not what you want. This thing probably doesn't need to sleep like you do.

don't worry they're perfectly harmless

One that's perfectly harmless does not mean that all others are.

slackerwire:
do you think a gun would work

The point is to help instill a certain emotional state within you. If a gun will do that for you, that's fine. But if you use a gun, use it knowing what you're using it for. As skyblueff0 points out, the gun isn't going to hurt the thing.

skyblueff0:
peacefully ask the spirit/being to stop slamming the door.

That's an option too. But understand that if you choose this route you would be accepting it's continued presence in your house. "Please stop slamming the door" implies "I'm ok with co-habiting with you. Just make it comfortable for me, and you can live here with me."

Which is fine, if that's what you want. Don't choose this route if it's not what you want.

Also, if there are other people living here with you, I highly encourage you to talk to them about this as well. What you see might not be the same things that they see. A predator preys on the weakest of the bunch, not the strongest. If you have children in the house, absolutely talk to them and ask if scary things are happening to them. Also, if you command it to leave while your roomates are inviting it to stay, you're not likely to be as effective.

Good luck

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
To be honest, all you will really do is reassure yourself it is gone and in doing so, block yourself from seeing it. They stick around. There's one staring at me right now. I looked at it, and it jumped behind the TV. Kinda cute how they get skiddish so easily, yet we're so scared of them. It's like both sides are afraid of nothing. I dunno what to think. They don't seem to overtly be doing me any harm... so hey they can pretend to be closet monsters all they want.

PSP

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I get what your saying, i have these things going on here to and since a few days the shadow is gone, it looked like a big guy, maybe 1.80 m or something, and slamming doors and windows open and closing is so irritating after a while.

I bought myself a pentagram, wich is protecting me for bad spirits and stuff.
It helped me with being strong and relaxt about this subject.

Only one tip: dont use a ouija board to chit-chat with your shadow person.
Hope you can tell more about maybe who he is or how it is lookin, already realised that maybe you cant make a photo of him/her/it?

Just my 2 cent

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well -

I will state one thing.

It is actually not healthy if you show off the negative energy, it will probably piss off spirits and yeah........just keep the positive energy and everything'll be fine.

PSP

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
If this shadow person does not do extreme things like hurting you with moving things, you could be thinkin that maybe that shadow person is your protection-angel.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
as far as i've read, nobody has any clue as to what these shadow people are, so there's no foolproof way to get rid of them, except look at them obviously, and, as has been pointed out, i think the ways people do use might just make you less aware of them.

the only idea i have is to close the door behind you as you leave a room because the slamming doors seem to be the biggest nusance.

on the other hand, seeing as they don't seem freak you out, it could be a good way to get a photo, rig the camera to go off when the door moves.

on a side note, i've never heard of them physically doing anything, and the ones i've seen never have, is a shadow person that manipulates physical items a new twist, has anyone else had a physically active shadow person?

PSP

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well, i had ones, a hanging lamp was moving and a glass shetterd out of nothing on my table.
The shadow person never really touched me but it did touch other objects.

Most of the time shadow persons are harmless, are you living with more people in your house?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I need help too, I'm not shure if there is something in my house but sometimes things move, like caps from bottles when there tight on the bottle. Yesterday night my DVD turned on. And sometimes theres noises in the closet, and the closet isn't really used. Help anyone?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It really depends. I've had a shadow entity follow me since I was a child. Shades usually tend to seem to want to study you as someone above me said. I personally have a high interest in shades therefore I would not recommend trying to ignore it, ignoring it is not what it wants, it wants to be seen, it wants to study and be studied. It is not residual, therefore it is intelligent. Shades also have very limited powers in our dimension, thus I don't believe that what is slamming your doors are shadow entities. Seeing a shade is fairly common, even in new houses, simply because they are not spirits. They do not have the same traits as spirits, do not act as spirits, they are much more intelligent. Have you ever had a spirit attempt to study you? No, they are more interested in what They are and not so much in whom you are. Shades, on the other hand, seem to be interested in our movements, some even going so far as to exploit our "Fight or Flight" reaction by trying to scare us, and for the most part it works. I personally believe Shades have something to do with BEKs, BEKs being a physical manifestation of the Shade. I hope this helps somewhat.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Shadow people do not mess with things such as doors ect. They can go right through walls and they will leave when you ask them. Poltergeist slam doors, So you may have something big going on. Check the property and area records. Your not so old house may be sitting on ancient lands or even a burial ground.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Shadows most certainly CAN BE harmful, as it is within their capability to body-lock you. They feed off of emotional energy, which is precisely why they attempt to provoke responses. I have dealt with these being since I was 3 years old, and while most seem to have it in their . that they cause no harm I stand here to tell you they can, and do.

They "feed" off of raw emotion. The body-lock is an exploit used to trigger you to freeze in panic, and instead of your fight-or-flight responses kicking in, the fear of the unknown/irrational situation adds another wrench to the works. The best way to deal with shadows is to command them to leave, or else you are faced with a constant drain along with having to deal with a being that doesnt belong on this plane.

To face a shadow, you need to remember that you control yourself and be focused on nothing changing that fact. Keep a clear ., and choose your words wisely. You do need to sleep, and dealing with them in your dreams is a thousand times harder than dealing with them fully concious because your on their playfield. If you start feeling cold, stiff, and immobile in your dreams along with a stiff shot of panic, then you have dealt with a shadow draining you.

To fend them off, all you need is the resolution that they can't hurt you and the will to tell them what to do with themselves. I will admit that there could be "good" shadows, but in my experience they all act in the same fashion when it comes to feeding. Do yourself a favor and order it away, because if you don't it will never leave you in peace.

Search my username if you want to find my posts on my own experiences with the shadows, because there is too much to include here. Order it to begone, and if it doesn't, then I'd suggest mentally preparing yourself to deal with it, or else you may be stuck feeling emotionless and drained every morning until you do.

I've been physically touched by one, and it's the only time I've ever witnessed a physical paranormal phenomenon. To my knowledge they don't tend to physically interact with their environment, but it would be on the safe side to remember that the spectrum of life in the universe is infinite, and ultimately unpredictable.

Good luck!

-Knight

PSP

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I see some good post pupping up with good arguments and some advice, so i hope it will help you through the day slackerwire.

If you set up a camera at night or make some photo's would be handy, maybe you get a shadow person photo of it.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I see plenty of shadow beings where i live, makes me curious, people talking about seeing just one shadow being in their house moving stuff and what not, where as it seems i have 8 or 9 around me at all times,,,is that a bad thing ??

they never move stuff or anything as far as i know...

[edit on 23-11-2007 by sethdarke]

[edit on 23-11-2007 by sethdarke]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join