It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's nuclear forces placed on alert

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
Nuclear war is not "war", is something else, nobody wins.

Really??

Tell that to the Japanese. It is war and people do win.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Originally posted by pai mei
Nuclear war is not "war", is something else, nobody wins.

Really??

Tell that to the Japanese. It is war and people do win.

Are you willing to test that theory in todays world with all the nations that have nukes?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
That's why I ask Russia te leave that problem alone. That's why I disagree with any kind of involvement from the so called big and powerful countries. Let people decide for their own fate. And stop being a police force for the world.

Do you really think that Russia cares that much about fate of Kosovo and Serbia? Russia is currently standing in the way of UN-enforced Kosovo independence simply to create an issue of contention with the U.S. - it is all about the big players, not Kosovo. This issue of contention can later be used in negotiations with the U.S.

And if the US and all the European powers are backing Kosovo independence, without anyone to support the Serbian side of the issue, do you think that's fair? I agree that the Kosovo people should work out the problems among themselves in some non-violent matter. But the U.S. is already present and it will not leave, so such negotiations cannot be fair.

And do you think that if U.S. grants Kosovo independence through NATO, since UN is blocked, that all will be great and peaceful? What about the Serb minority? Who is to guarantee their protection. It is not all that simple, and Russia's presence is simply insuring that the Serbian side has outside backing just like the Albanian side.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

LMAO: THERE IS NO WINNING A WAR WITH THE U.S. AS THE FRENCHMAN DAVILLPAN (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT SAID) IF YOU THINK THE U.S.A. IS JUST A SUPER POWER, THEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW POWERFULL THEY REALLY ARE!!! BUT, YOU CAN BET THE RUSSIANS AND CHINEESE DO AT THE HIGHEST LEVELS! WHAT COULD THEY HOPE TO GAIN BY WARING WITH US? NOTHING BUT THE WORST BEATING THEY EVER HAD!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Are you willing to test that theory in todays world with all the nations that have nukes?

Its only a handful of nations which have nukes and to answer your question, yes.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icon_xof
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Can you blame him? If I were the president of Russia I would say the same thing. Its total b/s what the US is doing, and it is total "muscle-flexing". Shoot, if I were in Putty boys place I probably would have already nuked the MoFo's.

Good post man...

Noticed the Ron Paul 08 in your signature. Don't you think the very man you want for President would be against that ridiculous line of thinking that you just spewed? "Nuke the MoFo's" huh? Nuclear war is not something you use to threaten other countries. There is too much at stake just so Putin can show the world how big his balls are.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by on_yur_6]

[edit on 21-11-2007 by on_yur_6]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Now lets be realistic...A one world govt is a good idea...economically, militarily, politically and paints a good future for 'mankind'...but these guys aren't thinking for the rest of us here...just themselves...and they have dark imagination.

And just why do you think a one world government would be any different? Give it up, there will be no Utopia or paradise on this planet. Your one world government could be ruled by strict Muslim law. I beta lot of feminists on this planet wouldn't be real happy about that governement!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Its only a handful of nations which have nukes and to answer your question, yes.

Actually it's 2 handsfull and only 1 that I would say is a firm ally of the States:

en.wikipedia.org...

That's a big gamble my friend.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

No joke. That's like bragging about winning a boxing match against a dude with no arms. How could anyone look past the fact we were the only ones with nukes then, also why would anybody proclaim that as proudly as that post seemed to.

NOBODY wins in nuclear WAR.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
There was a major NATO exercise going on in which National Leaders were participating. All of the communications and Reagan's sabre rattling had the Soviets thinking NATO was going to attack during the NATO exercise.

Thats not quite right.
The Russians had a listening post close to where the NATO leaders were planning and organizing their training exercises. The spys listening at the post were unaware that it was only a exercise and reported to Russia that a major operation was under way.

Its NOT because of any 'sabre rattling', its because the Russians were being their normal commie self.

Reagan and his evil empire antics were Sabre rattling in the eyes of the USSR. There was far more than just a single listening post involved. For one the USSR had a mole at NATO HQ.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
NOBODY wins in nuclear WAR.

Sure they do!
Especially if you go to war with a country that does NOT have nuclear weapons. Look how great it turned out in Japan.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Reagan and his evil empire antics were Sabre rattling in the eyes of the USSR.

It worked didn't it? Umm...YES!
The problem with your logic is that you are confusing 'sabre rattling' or 'arrogance' with confidence and knowing what is the right thing to do.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Reagan and his evil empire antics were Sabre rattling in the eyes of the USSR.

It worked didn't it? Umm...YES!
The problem with your logic is that you are confusing 'sabre rattling' or 'arrogance' with confidence and knowing what is the right thing to do.

The USSR saw it as Sabre rattling and Reagan was not Jesus. Iran-Contra among other things was definitely not knowing what is the right thing to do. Invading the British Commonwealth was one of the stupidest things he ever did. Thatcher gave him quite a scolding over Grenada.

[edit on 21/11/07 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The USSR saw it as Sabre rattling

Who cares how Russia saw it.

You did not answer the question though. It worked didn't it?
Again, it was NOT sabre rattling, it was standing up to commie ********.

and Reagan was not Jesus.

Ok, where did this come from?

Who said he was Jesus?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

I want to know how it worked. Considering his behavior got the Russians so nervous that WW3 almost started. It wasnt part of any game plan. When he found out how close he had gotten us into war it scared the crap out of him. Thats what began the dialogue with Gorbechev.

I mentioned the Jesus bit, because for a second I thought you might be Hannity from Fox news

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I want to know how it worked. Considering his behavior got the Russians so nervous that WW3 almost started.

I would tell you how it worked but how did his behavior almost start WWIII?
Are you talking about the Cuba missile crisis? I hope not because you do realize Reagan was not President then.

I mentioned the Jesus bit, because for a second I thought you might be Hannity from Fox news

OK, that was funny!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
The only thing that save this planet was hesitation and quick communications.

Don't be too sure. According to airforce personnel that testified during Greer's National Press Conference, it was the U.F.O's that shot down nuclear missiles that had actually launched.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I noticed that you missed my post 4thDR.

Not surprised.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

Can you link for us this particular article or video in which the aforementioned statements can be found? I am most curious to hear this story…

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I noticed that you missed my post 4thDR.

Not surprised.

Umm...I did not miss it but nothing you said required a response.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join