It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's nuclear forces placed on alert

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Muppetus Galacticus

The B-52's here from Barksdale AFB have been much more active than usual. The last time I had personally seen multiple bombers together in air like this was in Jan 1991.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telos
I can't stand the way Russia leadership is handling the situation.

What you mean you never saw politicians doing relatively pointless things for the sake of some national propaganda and getting the population to support them? What Putin is doing is technically pointless, but there is meaning for everything, and here he is either sending the West a message, or this is meant for domestic consumption.

Obviously you can't expect better from an ex KGB director.

Who was a KGB director? Putin's position in KGB was minor, and he was hardly in charge of anything. He was head of FSB however, but at that time FSB couldn't be less relevent, and he was hardly concerned about his job when he was being groomed for presidency. I cannot believe how much this "KGB" stuff comes up, and how many people who use these comments have little knowledge of Putin's political career. And what is this fear of KGB and FSB? Soviet Union's and Russia's most competent leaders and politicians came from KGB/FSB.

Their mentality is fear mongering and psychic terror. I'm sick and tired of reading about Russia bullying for every international issue.

I can hardly see how taking a side that supports your point of view, and is in the best interests of the nation you were elected to serve, and sticking to it, is bullying. But maybe in the world where U.S. runs the world show, if you don't agree with the "master" you are a sick bully. Russia is hardly in a position to bully anyone, given its current world influence and power. I bet from your point of view Iran is also bullying the entire world. I mean look at how many countries Russia and Iran invaded in the last 15 years. Yeah - they are terrible; how dare they think unlike the U.S.

Few days ago another claim of them about Kosovo's independence showed me what kind of mentality this people has. Poor russian people and poor us for the leadership we have. Who gave them the right to became world police? Who is Russia to decide when and how is Kosovo or another country going to get independent?

Serbs supported Russian involvement from the very start, and Russia was directly invited by their leadership to defend them from NATO encrouchment. Serbs have always viewed Russia as their brothers, and Russians likewise. Kosovo is and was (and very hopefully will always be) Serbian historical territory, thus Serbs decide what to do there, and who to invite there. Russians were welcomes in Kosovo by the local ethnic population (and I mean Serb). NATO on the other hand waged an illegal war. But this topic is not about Kosovo, so I will stop here.

This beautiful planet we call Earth is not Russian's or American's. Is property and home of 6.5 billion people.

And that is exactly why Americans should take charge of their foreign policy, whose malicious actions since WWII have caused more harm in the world than Russia or any other post-WWII country could ever hope to. What Russia does now is nothing compared to the scale and effect of U.S. operations around the world. Why do you expect everyone else to sit still, while U.S. is sweeping the world how it sees fit?

If Americans do not change their foreign policy and get their priorities straight, you will see more and more countries like Russia and Iran, trying to elevate themselves to a position military and political importance. Much of what is happening in the world right now is simply reactionary to U.S. actions - since U.S. sets the pace.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Xtrozero,
I see your point, however, when whatever happens happens - and I guarantee you something will happen (I've no idea what it is, but something, somewhere, will eventually happen). When whatever it is happens, those in the aftermath will start to look for the pieces of the puzzle that built the tower that eventually fell. They will find them in these little daily updates.

I imagine there were quite a few headlines in the 30's that, at the time, seemed like small potatoes, but historians now realize turned out to be WWII knocking on the door. This may be nothing, but this may also be the piece that makes or breaks a world's potential future.

Besides... if we didn't make a big deal outta nothin', what would ATS'ers have to talk about?

edit: grammar!

[edit on 21-11-2007 by memoir]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

What show of force ? US has bases all over the world, this is a show of force. It has bases in countries which are near Russia - Poland.
Imagine if the Russians had bases all over the world, in Canada , in Mexico, near the border with US, just to ensure "world security" against let's say Chavez

[edit on 21-11-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mek12
What we are doing in Eastern Europe is no different than what the Soviet Union did in 1962.

Oh its different. In the 50's and 60's USSR took charge there, and everyone in Eastern Europe was pissed at them. Now US is taking charge there, but thanks to their cunning propaganda and brainwashing the Eastern Europeans are actually thanking the U.S. for it. That is the difference- USSR ruled but fooled no one, and U.S. rules and manages to fool hundreds of millions. You know what happens when millions of people suddenly realize they were fooled? One only needs to look at civil conflict in Pakistan and Georgia right now.

This is not a Democrat thing or a Republican thing! This is an EVIL thing that calls itself both.

Yeah - it's called the U.S. foreign policy. Clinton did it, and so did Bush Senior, and Carter, and Reagan, and everyone from the most bloodthirsty conservative to the most bleeding heart liberal. The difference in U.S. parties is only their domestic disputes. The foreign policy is a 500 pound gorrilla, which no one can push from its place except for the American people, who are today more concerned with gas prices, scary terrorists, and the housing market than with anything else.

The majority of the people in America don't want the United States Military to put missles in Eastern Europe but it's happening. The majority of the people in the United States want the troops out of Iraq but their still there.

Exactly. However this is only because there appears to be a false idea that the "majority of the people in America" actually run America. That doesn;t stop America from lecturing everyone else about what "power by the people" is however. Even sadder is the fact that this hypocrisy is largely ignored by Americans.

Everyone in the US is too busy blaming Bush, the terrorists, or the fact that in their view 2/3 of the world is inhabited by morons and savages. But the real issue is the U.S. foreign policy, which appears to be steered by force other than the Executive or Legislative branches. Is this force the corporations, or the U.S. military complex, or best yet - BOTH? Unfortunately whatever it is its power is only getting stronger.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Very interesting, can you provide some background links, never heard of this before.

Check out the declassified CIA publication link I provided above. It covers the whole mess in pretty good depth.

Yes it does. I read these back then and it amazed me how close we were to pushing the buttons to obliteration. Most people are completely unaware just how close we are and have been since 1986! Of course it requires much research and most of the research I had done back then was on my PC- which now is at a landfill somewhere so I cannot post links. Sorry- I changed my OS when my PC crashed for the final time. But as you well put it- the documents are out there and when folks to their own research- well, lets just say its best for everyone to think for ourselves.

The powers that be cannot put disinformation on the net fast enough! Now, this says a lot.

Putin is an exceptionally scary guy- but he pales in comparison to Cheney (who, for those of you that do not know- Cheney is running the show in America).

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

Serbs supported Russian involvement from the very start, and Russia was directly invited by their leadership to defend them from NATO encrouchment. Serbs have always viewed Russia as their brothers, and Russians likewise. Kosovo is and was (and very hopefully will always be) Serbian historical territory, thus Serbs decide what to do there, and who to invite there. Russians were welcomes in Kosovo by the local ethnic population (and I mean Serb). NATO on the other hand waged an illegal war. But this topic is not about Kosovo, so I will stop here.

Zdravo Druzhe...

I see where you coming from. Sorry to disappoint you but you've to learn the real history, not the one serboidea teaches in the schools
Serbians and all sllavian population are relatively new comers in Balkan compare to albanians.
Kosovo has been violently occupied and in the last 100 years was under Serbia thanks to injustices done by the superpowers at the expenses of little countries. So literally Kosovo (Dardania for them who know archeology) is Albania, has always been and will always be !!!

In this forum we're to deny ignorance, apathy, limit, intolerance and especially protect the truth and raise our virtual voices against injustices, persecutions, crimes and ethnic hates. I can't believe that there are still serbians with the guts to pretend that for Kosovo, afer all the massacres and genocide done by Arcan tigers, Milosevic and company. Time calls for new mentality and realism. Stop feeding your harts with hate and savagery. If russians want to come in Ballkan and turn on the fire of war than so be it. History has shown that little countries with a big love for freedom and prosperity know how not to give up and fight till death claims their land. If Russia and for that matter Serbia want to try to stop the dream of people who have been suffering for decennials than history will be testimony of the greatest turmoil ever seen.

Sorry to the op or the mods of the board for being slightly out of topic.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It's certainly a symbolic gesture, question is what is Putin trying to get across?

Russian unease over continued NATO expansion into their sphere of influence??

Nah, it must be just because the Russians are pure evil, out to fight the pure & noble West, which only wants to bring peace, democracy, and pink fuzzy bunny slippers to the world

Look, if the Russians started on insisting on building "defensive" missile installations just outside our borders, I kinda suspect we might not be too happy about it either.

Only the most diehard nationalist fanatic would deny that this is a provocative plan.
Unfortunately, both countries have those in abundance...

Putin is no angel, but I doubt that there is any Russian leader that would accept NATO's eastward expansion and this missile base plan quietly, except for one that was a complete US puppet.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
REPLY TO: MALOY
"Everyone in the US is too busy blaming Bush, the terrorists, or the fact that in their view 2/3 of the world is inhabited by morons and savages. But the real issue is the U.S. foreign policy, which appears to be steered by force other than the Executive or Legislative branches. Is this force the corporations, or the U.S. military complex, or best yet - BOTH? Unfortunately whatever it is its power is only getting stronger."

Your absolutly right. But what is this force? I think this would be a great Idea for a new post. I'm not sure if this force is just cooperate, military or both but it's very real and very bad for America.
I've heard it called the military industrial complex, illuminati and a host of other names. But what we need to start doing is identify the main players, Start talking about them and most the most important thing is to stop ignoring them.
I've saw a quote that goes something like: 'The small secrets are the ones that need to be the most guarded because the bigger secrets are kept by our inability to believe they could be real'.
Yes this power is only getting stronger but I believe it can be defeated.
But the most important thing that we need to start realizing is that this is no longer a Republican thing or a Democratic thing. They have us pointing fingers and fighting each other over domestic issues and I tell you folks it's all fake. Absolutly and totally FAKE.
There is something dark and evil working behind the scenes HERE IN AMERICA. I'm more and more convinced of this everyday.
And if this is true, and if Russia and China are beginning to realize this, then it does not suprise me one bit that Russia put its Nuclear Forces on a higher state of Alert and that China maintains a 4 million+ man army.
And some folks may ignore this for no other reason than that they have never seen it on TELEVISION but I'm also seeing more and more people starting to see this as a real issue for the American society.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icon_xof
Shoot, if I were in Putty boys place I probably would have already nuked the MoFo's.

Well then, good thing you're not "Putty boy" (that must be between you two
). If you were, you'd have to wonder if you did the right thing when you stepped outside to overlook your beloved Mother Russia and it was a glowing pile of ruin, just like the MoFo's you nuked. What part of Mutually Assured Destruction escapes all those who talk up Russia and China like they can step in anytime and smack us down? I am sick of all this global BS as well, but a little common sense goes a long way.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by 27jd]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I see where you coming from. Sorry to disappoint you but you've to learn the real history, not the one serboidea teaches in the schools
Serbians and all sllavian population are relatively new comers in Balkan compare to albanians.

I can't believe that there are still serbians with the guts to pretend that for Kosovo, afer all the massacres and genocide done by Arcan tigers, Milosevic and company. Time calls for new mentality and realism. Stop feeding your harts with hate and savagery.

I do not know what is taught in Serbian schools, and I am not a Serb. Almost no war is limited to a good side and an evil side, and what has been said about Serb's actions I believe is widely exagerated, while Albanian's aggresive actions are undermined.

What I stated about Kosovo was my opinion, and that of most Serbs, Russians, and Slavs. I'll stick by it - thank you very much. Genocide, attrocities, and aggresion were not limited to the Serbian side, but to all sides about equally. NATO chose to oppose Serbia because of political interest, not because they felt sorry for Albanians. It is beyond my comprehension to argue about the origins and justifications of war in Kosovo or Bosnia, but I will say that NATO's involvement was biased and illegal. And Russia's involvement was very, very limited - far short of the support that Serbians requested.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
I honestly believe that the world (Mankind) will never reach it's full potential until we root out every single one of these pigs and hang them in the squares and towncenters around the world!!!

Somehow, the above comment doesn't jive with what you said right before...

(Average folks like you and me, reading and writing these posts who care only about peace and freedom)

Do you mean mankind can start evolving after we briefly go back to the dark ages and hang all those people in squares and towncenters? Just one last round of public executions, then we swear we'll evolve.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by 27jd]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Your absolutly right. But what is this force? I think this would be a great Idea for a new post. I'm not sure if this force is just cooperate, military or both but it's very real and very bad for America.

In summary it is U.S.'s military complex. Its military, coupled with corporate conglomerates (think oil and defense/logistics companies) has become a new "branch of goverment". It drives much of the foreign policy. They are the ones who put idea's on Bush's table for him to sign - does everyone honestly believe that it was Bush's own initiative to start the war in Iraq and place missiles in Eastern Europe? The U.S. military is so expensive and powerful, it would be a shame if it wasn't actively utilized in the world to further U.S. interests - and that is exactly what it has been doing non-stop for the last 60 years.

Whats even worse, is that it is this military complex that is motivating other nations to build up their own military forces, just to stay relevent - forget about trying to even compete with the U.S. military. U.S. is the driving force of this military build-up.

Why did U.S. never stop its build-up after the fall of the Soviet Union? Why did the U.S. seek to expand NATO influence despite the fact that NATO was formed to combat an enemy that no longer exists? Why does the U.S. military want to be 10 steps ahead of everyone else? And why does it expect others to be content with staying 10 steps behind it?

It is not Bush, or Cheney. It is not controlled by any one man. It is an institution, run by generals, politicians, political puppeteers, and CEO's. And most Americans are very well content with IT, and don't feel that IT is the problem that generated many other problems that are relevent today. Thats just my opinion, and surely some people in the U.S. are familiar with it much better than I am. But those people are shunned from high-profile politics.

Russia is much simpler in this respect. You've got a bunch of oligarchs trying to make money, and then you got a bunch of politicians trying to stay relevant in the world. At least the two are separate now thanks to Putin. They all want different things, but I assure you that neither wants a war or a full scale conflict with the U.S.

Yes this power is only getting stronger but I believe it can be defeated.
But the most important thing that we need to start realizing is that this is no longer a Republican thing or a Democratic thing. They have us pointing fingers and fighting each other over domestic issues and I tell you folks it's all fake. Absolutly and totally FAKE.

That is true. I have heard about the U.S. main parties, that they are the two most similar political parties of any country in the world. What are the issues? Abortions, health care, death penalty, taxes? But the foreign policy issue is being shunned from debated completely. Ok- some candidates say they voted against Iraq. But did they vote against the War in Yugoslavia? Or the first War in Iraq? Did they vote against missile shield in Eastern Europe - Hell was there even a vote on the issue? Did they vote to cease supporting Musharaff? Did they vote to close all U.S. military bases outside of U.S.? Did they vote to reform the U.S. military completely?

I find U.S. presidential debates hilarious, in the fact that they are so utterly pointless. It doesn't matter who you vote for. U.S. will invade someone if there is more to gain from the conflict than to lose, even if it is the minority that gains.

Wars for the U.S. are like financial investments. Will it pay off and have a positive return on investment (not necessarily monitary)? If yes - it is given a go ahead. Forget morality, UN, justification, or opinion of anyone who does not matter. War is profit, and as such U.S. will wage it as long as military "investors" are at the helm.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by maloy]

[edit on 21-11-2007 by maloy]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Nah, it must be just because the Russians are pure evil, out to fight the pure & noble West, which only wants to bring peace, democracy, and pink fuzzy bunny slippers to the world

I'm envisioning several C-130's loaded up with bunny slippers to drop on areas targeted by airstrikes, to console the survivors. Nothing forces you to accept freedom like some nice warm slippers.

Look, if the Russians started on insisting on building "defensive" missile installations just outside our borders, I kinda suspect we might not be too happy about it either.

Well, Russia should keep a better lid on their bordering countries then, right? If Mexico or Canada gave permission to Russia to do that, how would we stop them anyway?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There is certainly something going on.

I was going to start a new thread about last night, but i'll post it here as it seems relevant.

Last night on the east coast of Australia a flight of military craft (large 4-engine planes and escort fighters) flew over headed out to sea, i counted maybe 30 or 40 planes. I'd never seen anything like it.

At 3am this morning the town's warning siren began to sound, which it has never done in my entire life. It stopped after about 10 minutes and this morning in the local press it was reported as a 'test'. Why now?

I'm very worried at the moment, as for a rural community like ours to experience 2 events like that in one day has us a bit flustered.

I've checked and double checked my bug-out bags and filled the car with petrol, just incase.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
There was a major NATO exercise going on in which National Leaders were participating. All of the communications and Reagan's sabre rattling had the Soviets thinking NATO was going to attack during the NATO exercise.

Thats not quite right.
The Russians had a listening post close to where the NATO leaders were planning and organizing their training exercises. The spys listening at the post were unaware that it was only a exercise and reported to Russia that a major operation was under way.

Its NOT because of any 'sabre rattling', its because the Russians were being their normal commie self.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
WOOOOLLLVVVEEEEERRRRRRIIINEEEESSSS!!!!!!

Never forget the Mil hind.....

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icon_xof
if I were in Putty boys place I probably would have already nuked the MoFo's.

Then you would already be dead.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

I can't believe that there are still serbians with the guts to pretend that for Kosovo, afer all the massacres and genocide done by Arcan tigers, Milosevic and company. Time calls for new mentality and realism. Stop feeding your harts with hate and savagery.

I do not know what is taught in Serbian schools, and I am not a Serb. Almost no war is limited to a good side and an evil side, and what has been said about Serb's actions I believe is widely exagerated, while Albanian's aggresive actions are undermined.

What I stated about Kosovo was my opinion, and that of most Serbs, Russians, and Slavs. I'll stick by it - thank you very much. Genocide, attrocities, and aggresion were not limited to the Serbian side, but to all sides about equally. NATO chose to oppose Serbia because of political interest, not because they felt sorry for Albanians. It is beyond my comprehension to argue about the origins and justifications of war in Kosovo or Bosnia, but I will say that NATO's involvement was biased and illegal. And Russia's involvement was very, very limited - far short of the support that Serbians requested.

I'm not saying that you're serbian. I'm not from Kosovo either. I'm from Albania though and not only I know the history of my country but I've been in Kosovo during the war. And trust me for what I've wrote in the previous post. I've seen, heard and been through things that even now after so many years are still hunting me. As for NATO choosing to oppose Serbia for their own interest that I know very well. NATO is made by the same countries that exactly 96 years ago permitted Serbia to occupy Kosovo and take that chunk of land from Albania. That's what I meant when I said that little countries are always victims of superpowers politics. That's why I ask Russia te leave that problem alone. That's why I disagree with any kind of involvement from the so called big and powerful countries. Let people decide for their own fate. And stop being a police force for the world.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Actually, if the above scenario were happening, I'm sure we'd here how "This Bush Administration is just FEAR MONGERING!!!1111 There is no Russian threat!!1111" Or "Russia is only surrounding the US is because the US is evil and has wronged them!!!!!!!111"

"Virtually" every country bordering Russia has a nuclear arsenal? Funny. Only the United States, Russia, the UK, France, China, India, Pakistan, and Israel have nuclear weapons. Only one of them borders Russia. Unless you are refering to the Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan; but none of them have had nuclear weapons for 10 years (all going back to Russia).

Ever wonder why countries like Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania have joined NATO? No, no wait...don't tell me...it's because the evil United States forced them to, right?

Its good to see at least some here get the big picture and understand some history.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join