It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's nuclear forces placed on alert

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Funny you should mention the increased air traffic.

I'm not too keen on military aircraft, but as I was reading this thread, two pairs of what looked like MH-53J Pave Low III's and a CH-47 Chinook passed overhead.

I'm a little east of Ft. Meade near the Naval Academy in Annapolis. Near graduation time at the academy we get the angels doing a bunch of drills and what not over head, but not much aside from that.

It may be completely unrelated.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

why would Putin feel threatened by sovern nation putting in defensive missle shields? He shouldn't unless he has plans on using offensive missiles!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'm quite new here, been gazing around the various topics for a couple of months, aswell as other websites...and the only thing I have to say is...
FEAR MONGERING!
I believe that this is just another scare tactic into making people think more about the state of this segmented planet, and into thinking "wouldn't a one wrold govt be great? no more in fighting..."
Now lets be realistic...A one world govt is a good idea...economically, militarily, politically and paints a good future for 'mankind'...but these guys aren't thinking for the rest of us here...just themselves...and they have dark imagination.

Don't believe the invasion or the 'messiah' project.
(and I aint handing myself in if they tell me i have avian flu!)

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rockets red glare

Perhaps because the "sovern" nation that's building the missile shield is over 4000 miles away on another continent and seems to be in the primary business of overthrowing other "sovern" countries.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I never understood why US is so willing to get this so called anti missiles systems on the border of Russia.
It look like not only Russian wants them out but also Check republic...well I should say they want a referendum about it.
www.nezakladnam.cz...

Kacou

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Poor Russia, being surrounded and threatened by the evil United States. Obviously, poor Putin has no choice!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I can't stand the way Russia leadership is handling the situation. Obviously you can't expect better from an ex KGB director. Their mentality is fear mongering and psychic terror. I'm sick and tired of reading about Russia bullying for every international issue. Few days ago another claim of them about Kosovo's independence showed me what kind of mentality this people has. Poor russian people and poor us for the leadership we have. Who gave them the right to became world police? Who is Russia to decide when and how is Kosovo or another country going to get independent? I tend to believe that more advance we get in technology more instinctive and savage and cruel we become. To bad for the human race. We're at a point in history that either we're gonna destroy our planet or we're gonna step ahead and take our fates in our own hands. Enough is enough. This beautiful planet we call Earth is not Russian's or American's. Is property and home of 6.5 billion people.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
...just about every line in this text is a lie. First things first: NATO has surrounded Russia with military bases. Virtually every bordering state with Russia has nuclear arsenal ready to destroy ... whom? NATO says - islamic militants in Iran etc...but Russians cannot trust NATO...nobody can.

If Russia had allies around US and built nuclear missile bases around US, would you want US government to do nothing?

Actually, if the above scenario were happening, I'm sure we'd here how "This Bush Administration is just FEAR MONGERING!!!1111 There is no Russian threat!!1111" Or "Russia is only surrounding the US is because the US is evil and has wronged them!!!!!!!111"

"Virtually" every country bordering Russia has a nuclear arsenal? Funny. Only the United States, Russia, the UK, France, China, India, Pakistan, and Israel have nuclear weapons. Only one of them borders Russia. Unless you are refering to the Ukraine, Belarus and Kazakhstan; but none of them have had nuclear weapons for 10 years (all going back to Russia).

Ever wonder why countries like Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania have joined NATO? No, no wait...don't tell me...it's because the evil United States forced them to, right?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Funny guy. He suspends arms and threat reduction treaties, plays energy and political terrorism both at home and abroad, undermines US, NATO and EU efforts both militarily, financially and politically. Undermines democracy in Russia, works to create an anti Western group (area of influence) all the while he increases military posture and capability both domestically and abroad. Now he has the brass ones to blanked NATO activity as a threat and place his nuclear force on "high alert"? Some B this guy has. I say NATO return the favor, what's he going to do, got to war with a Europe-US alliance, don't think so.

Nuclear war is not "war", is something else, nobody wins. And the Russian army it's in is place, in Russia, talk like that when the US army is in US not in 180 places around the world

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
There are way too many complexities in this situation to simply dismiss it as posturing, politics etc... I'm not sure what is going on here
but you can bet it has something to do with who is going to come out on top in the race for control of the global economy, it's resources and the one-world government.

The Asian cartels along with the Russians are VERY upset with the NWO (Tri-lats, bilderbergers, CFR) guys. There's a lot of posturing going on that the average person is not privvy too - a major pissing contest if you will, coupled by brassy one-upmanship on both sides. The scary part is that we (Average folks like you and me, reading and writing these posts who care only about peace and freedom) are nothing but cannon fodder and pawns in this ridiculous game.

The NWO needs control of global oil, or at least the majority of it. I believe that they have already surmised that they have no way of getting control of the Russian reserves. Russia recognizes this and is leveraging against them by forming partnerships with China, Iran, Venezuela and other questionable countries to counter this power-play.

I think the important, yet sad part of all of this is that we are talking about a couple hundred men on both sides of the issue playing all of this out like some grand game like Risk. They don't really care about how this is affecting the common man or woman or what the implications are for mankind. I honestly believe that the world (Mankind) will never reach it's full potential until we root out every single one of these pigs and hang them in the squares and towncenters around the world!!! There has never been a more appropriate time for revolution than right now!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

Nuclear war or otherwise the Russians are in no position to suddenly take on NATO in a central European theatre of operations with global engagements as well. Military speaking, it would be the most preferred engagement of any allied commander, assuming that a conflict is unavoidable. In any case, a war on that scale (nuclear or not) will not happen, which is why Russia's (excuse me USSRs) statements and stances are pointless. Hoping to intimidate defenseless (relatively speaking) east European nations from NATO/EU/US cooperation by a show of force only serves to strengthen our selling point, but I digress.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

How do you supose you could get dictators and communist states that either answer to no one or do not answer to their citizens to go for a NEW WORLD ORDER? I for one do not intend go give up any of my rights, so a new world order would have to go above and beyond the U.S. constitution! Get all those communist, military, strongman thugs and theological dictatorships onboard the NWO bandwagon first. Let them be the NWO ginnie pigs. I have no intention for giving up the very good, "no, the very best" for a question mark!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by memoir

I had a Pav Low army chopper fly right over my head at work the other day. I had never seen one fly over like that here before, It was about 200 ft off the deck. Just for you Russians out there, You cant hear them big things till they are right on top of you
. Something behind the seen is going on for sure.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
It is too obvious. Just keep this in mind and follow daily news for a week. It is really too obvious.

Is this an oxymoron? “Follow daily news for a week”

This is our biggest problem in we need the news by the minute when we could actually go monthly like in the old days and not really miss anything.

Try it some time, and look at a full months worth of top headliners and see if the minute by minute fluxes that we seem react on really changes anything. We get these big short lived spikes like this one and end up being nothing them, but we react to it like it is the end of the world, but looked at it from a distance (longer time frame) it would be a small issue.

Put anything under a microscope and it will look big…

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is great news, thanks!

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Neither had I, pavil. But I still don't think it matches how close to the brink we came in the 1962 Cuban missile crisis.

To your point, taken from the cited report

In any event, it was not comparable to the Cuban crisis, when the superpowers were on a collision course, US nuclear forces were on full alert, and--as recently revealed--the USSR had deployed nuclear weapons in Cuba.

Just my two cents:
The former USSR is irrelevant in modern, world politics. Putin has been steadily consolidating power. There is a large, nationalistic movement (not judging, just relating my opinion) that pines for "the way it was", so to speak. Of course, like all memories, the horrible conditions within the USSR are thing s that seem to be forgotten. Allot of what you hear about in the media and blogs is Putin attempting to put Russia back on the stage of relevancy in world matters.

There was allot of noise around the resumption of flights over the pole by Russia. What is missing in the reporting is what the Russians are able to send skyward is not a credible threat.

At this point, it's pure political posturing. Could it turn into something much worse? Personally, I don't think so. Not in the near future. That is, Russia versus the west.

Russia, with allies (China, Iran, etc) versus the West? Now that's something.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

i imagine right now that the nwo computer robots/geeks have yours/mine addresses it will be us that are targeted first to be rounded up in the middle of the night and any other "red necks"that sound like possible resistence operatives.i see on another thread that the usa "supreme" court is meeting again for the first time since a previous get together back in 1939 to discus gun control in the usa------1939 now there's a scary date !

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Is this an oxymoron? “Follow daily news for a week”

Not quite, a good example of an oxymoron is 'Military Intelligence'.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Putin is the grandson of the personal chef for Stalin and Lenin. I always thought for some reason that was a little too coincidental, like something out of the MAnchurian candidate, especially with his fathers career also during WW2.

He has put his country in a position of power while we have been fighting our own war as they did with Afghanistan in the 80's. They learned, took a beating, made alliances and now have a firm foothold again in world politics.

No war though, however the sabre ratting is back, along with shoes on the podium my friends.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What we are doing in Eastern Europe is no different than what the Soviet Union did in 1962.
The biggest threat to world peace and stability we, the people of the United States are facing and indeed the entire world is facing is coming from right here in America.
This is not a Democrat thing or a Republican thing! This is an EVIL thing that calls itself both.
ElectroMagneticMultivers you hit the nail right on the head when you said:
but these guys aren't thinking for the rest of us here...just themselves...and they have dark imagination.
'THESE GUYS' are the ones I'm talking about. They can be found in the Democratic party and the Republican party. They are the ones who vote against the wishes of the MAJORITY of their constituents. They are the ones giving these same guys large amounts of money to vote against the majority of the people they represent.
The majority of the people in America don't want the United States Military to put missles in Eastern Europe but it's happening.
The majority of the people in the United States want the troops out of Iraq but their still there.
Time and Time again we see those guys with large amounts of money getting the votes they want regardless of what the majority of the people of America want.
And it is not each other we need to fight with but it is 'those guys' with the 'Dark Imaginations' that need the boot of the American people right in their butts.
I saw an interview with Fidel Castro in which he said that 'America is carrying within itself the seeds to its own destruction'. I see now what he is talking about.
Oh and by the way. The majority of the American people want open trade with Cuba but it's not happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join