It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former White House press secretary blames Bush and Cheney for CIA leak deceit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Former White House press secretary blames Bush and Cheney for CIA leak deceit

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Former White House press secretary Scott McClellan blames President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney for efforts to mislead the public about the role of White House aides in leaking the identity of a CIA operative.

In an excerpt from his forthcoming book, McClellan recounts the 2003 news conference in which he told reporters that aides Karl Rove and I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby were "not involved" in the leak involving operative Valerie Plame.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Not that its any surprise here. Its pretty clear that Bush, Cheney et al were involved in the outing, and Scooter was a loyal puppy for taking the fall. Rest assured he will get a cushy directorship in haliburton or some other company in a year or so.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Just shows to what dept this administration were willing to go to further their agenda. I wonder what else they have done. Was anyone surprised when Bush pardoned Libby?? He took the fall, and soon he will be rewarded for it.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
As they say "it's not the crime, it's the cover-up". I think everyone knows that VP's name was intentionally leaked and why, and it is my opinion that it was done without knowing the penalty. Once the seriousness of the crime was understood, that is when the cover-up started. Scott McClellan may be trying to clear his name, but I wonder if we would be willing to testify under oath in front of Congress. If not, then all this is moot.

Did anyone catch the interview with Richard Armitage on CNN? Wolf Blitzer said to him that it was well know he was the one to leak VP's name to Robert Novac, and asked him if it was a foolish thing to do, and he said "yes, it was".

It is very clear that George Bush and Dick Cheney knew who leaked her name, possibly on their orders, but he did not keep his promise to fire whoever it was. He said something like, he wasn't sure a crime was even committed, but if there wasn't, then we would not know who Valerie Plame was.

If it were a democrat that leaked her name the right would have been talking to Kenneth Star the day after it happened.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Are we really surprised by this? I don't know what else can be said about this administration anymore that would really shock the work.

All these actions from this administration are seen as business as usual which is the real shame here. Illegal War, illegal surveillance, illegaly reveilling the I'd of a CIA operative, and on an on.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Why now?? I mean at this moment???

Anyone care to speculate?? Is it simply to cover his a$$??

This is treason right???

top topics

join