It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When would the world be most susceptible to Situation X’s?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ok so I have seen numerous threads on the types of possible Situation X’s and I understand that theoretically they could happen at any time; but the question I have is that as a rough guide what times would the world be most susceptible to Situation X’s?

For instance the dates I thought about include:

2020- When China has a dangerously large surplus of men aged 18-29
chronicle.com...

2014- When there is a very slight probability of an asteroid hitting the world
www.smh.com.au...

March or November this year- When they fire up the Giant Geneva particle accelerator
www.voodish.co.uk...

The point of this thread is mainly that no one can be prepared 360 days a year for the rest of their life, but if you could maintain a basic level of readiness, and then couple this with a reasonable prediction system. It would allow you theoretically to have a greater chance of being prepared if something were to happen.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't think it matters. You have to be able to adapt to the situation at hand. In some case you may die before you can do anything about it. There is nothing you can do. In others you might have a fighting chance. That is when you take it and use it.
The asteroid scenario, is a particularly nasty one. Even if you survive the initial impact you got the aftermath to deal with. Unless, of coarse it is a large one, in that case it's lights out for everyone.
I don't know why a large particle accelerator would concern you, a nuclear power plant is more dangerous then particle accelerator.
Overpopulation is a problem, but there is nothing you or I can do about it.
Personally I am a lot more concerned with human doing something stupid. Maybe I am still stuck in Cold War nuke scenario.

Those are my two cents.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The Large Hadron Collider experiment was postponed to May 2008.

Also a group of 30 orthodox russians have hidden underground thinking that the end of the world will be in May 2008. But from what I've read there we're no references to the LHC experiment, I'm just guessing...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yes, that connection almost instantly came to my mind as soon as I read about the postponed project.

What exactly is going to happen with this super-duper collider? Like the big-bang all over agian? I thought it was scientific work, involving calculations and modelling using LHC@home BIONC networks. What is going to go wrong? And what will the consequences be?

Will hiding in a cave save us?
Sarcasm, the rest of the stuff above is serious tho.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yeah. I was studying, when I realized: how can they expect surviving, while hiding in a cave, if a artificial black hole swallows the planet. If their "prophet" saw it coming then I guess he would have said to his followers: Hey we're gonna die, get some loans and enjoy your life.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by kingsnake]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingsnake
Yeah. I was studying, when I realized: how can they expect surviving, while hiding in a cave, if a artificial black hole swallows the planet. If their "prophet" saw it coming then I guess he would have said to his followers: Hey we're gonna die, get some loans and enjoy your life.

They're preparing for the end of the world, they're not trying to survive...
I've watched a detailed documentary on the case today. They're most probably waiting for Nibiru to come earlier, from what I've understood. Total BS IMO.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingsnake

They're hiding underground to ensure a proper burial....

top topics

join