It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy Roundup: Oil Ends Above $98

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Energy Roundup: Oil Ends Above $98

biz.yahoo.com

NEW YORK (AP) -- Following is a summary of top stories in the energy sector Tuesday afternoon.
Weak Dollar and the Fed Boost Oil Futures

Oil prices rose sharply, settling at a record over $98 a barrel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm glad I'm not travelling this holiday season and I dont live far enough north to need heating oil. I expect this to get worse.

biz.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I'll ask Americans this, Commander -- how much, per week are you now spending on gas to fill 'er up? Expect that to raise another .25 per gallon by next week (story a week or two ago) and from sitting on $70 for years, and under, expect 2008, last year of Drug Jr to be a true nightmare w/ Pelosi & traitorous Reid doing nothing. I'm curious as to how much this is hurting people per car/model.

Also, I'm already predicting the rigged election 2008, so, here's Hill's statement on gas/oil prices, this is good, please insert a vicious dose of sarcasm, Commander:

“With oil nearing $100 a barrel and gas prices over $3 per gallon, Americans are feeling the pain of seven years of a failed Bush-Cheney energy policy.

Earlier this week, I outlined a comprehensive energy plan that would set a new course for America by reducing our dependence on foreign oil by two thirds. Part of my plan is to eliminate tax breaks for oil companies to create a $50 billion Strategic Energy Fund that would speed the development of clean, domestic energy sources, making Americans less vulnerable to the whims of the world's oil suppliers. But we also need to take immediate steps to address this problem.

I urge the President to release oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and the Northeast Heating Oil Reserve to send a signal to the market and ease concerns about low crude oil stocks that are driving prices higher. I also urge the President to support legislation passed by the Senate this year that would protect consumers by making gasoline markets more transparent and making gas price gouging a federal crime.”

www.hillaryclinton.com...

Wow, really Hill, a whooping 50$ bill? Thank you so much. And the SPR is used for emergencies -- last I checked the U.S. still pumps a lot of oil.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Right now I'm spending around $15 a day on gas just driving to classes. Anything other than class and I'm around $30 a day. When it gets to $4 a gallon, it will be very painful.

Hillary does not care about the people who are being hurt the most by this. The oil reserves are just that reserves and will not fix our economy, the dollar, or oil prices. When the mess hits the fan we will need those reserves, primarily for the military. Maybe she doesnt want our military able to defend us when things get really bad.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
@MikeboydUS- 15-30$ a day!? How far do you drive and what kind of vehicle? 30$ fills my gas tank to the top for a guarenteed 450-500 miles of driving.

I will again bring up Diesel engine cars, they are the only way not to suffer with rising gas prices. Most diesel engine cars can be converted to SVO or WVO or BioDiesel(if you like spending as much money as with gas). Diesel engines also get the highest mpg usually starting at 45-50mpg for most cars( and upwards of 70mpg). If you can't get to work you are screwed, and even if you do get let go, your fuel has the possibility of being free if you know where to look.

Stop letting oil corps run your life and daily travel decisions, show them that they are not needed. Think of all the farmers who are subsidized in the US because thier crops are being wasted. If they are capitalists, they will see the opportunity in growing crops that produce huge amounts( hemp anyone?) of oil to sell a dirt cheap prices. Also our taxes won't be wasted paying out to farmers. Our goverment dropped the ball, it's time to pick it up and slam it in thier faces.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

I drive around 50 miles a day or more with a full sized Dodge truck thats only a few years old. It has horrendous gas mileage. Freaking horrible mileage. I will be getting rid of it in December.

new topics

top topics

join