It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next missions to the moon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I do agree. It's pretty embarrassing if we have to hitch a ride with the Russians. It's disappointing that many people out there don't understand the importance of astronomy and research. I'm optimistic that when the economy recovers that our space program will return if not improve. I hope

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiosity687

A well known man (I don't remember his name) once said "Earth is the cradle of humanity, but like any child we cannot stay in the cradle forever.

Many a goldfish have said the same thing and look where it's gotten them.

We are goldfish.
Until we have the ability to take everything with us, including manufacturing, we will remain in this bowl.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

How about evidence of actual manned landings LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisbobson

Here You Go .................

i297.photobucket.com...

No WAY that Picture is FAKED.................

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
And on the topic of the thread, the next mission to the Moon is NASA's Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE). www.nasa.gov...

"It is a robotic mission that will orbit the moon to gather detailed information about the lunar atmosphere, conditions near the surface and environmental influences on lunar dust. A thorough understanding of these characteristics will address long-standing unknowns, and help scientists understand other planetary bodies as well."

I've only heard of it for the first time today, and it's planned to launch this August. (although some sources say it will be in May)
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-1-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

In a single word--- Competition

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

why don't they show us the star photos from the Apollo 15, 16, 17 lunar mapping systems? jerks!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Of course it is fake. Had any of this been real they would have dropped an unmanned probe down there, in that very spot, long long long time ago, and have taken a big fat shot. I am really getting to a point in my own life where I've become so disgusted with this. Admittedly it was but two years ago when it came to a head, the zit popped but boy, do I find myself so upset now and wondering how my children will deal with the fallout from this. Dispicable really it is.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

What I find most amusing about the Indian probe situation is how NASA started finding water in its own moon rocks not until the Indian probe began to send back data on the same. Now why is that? How is that? How is it that there was no water in the Apollo rocks back in the 1970s, and lo and behold, now there are all of these hydroxyl groups they are discovering? Answer: the Apollo landings were fake. The Apollo rocks were made here on earth. When it was realized the Indian probe would start to send back data on the state of genuine moon rocks, the NASA people started changing their story about their rocks. I mean, can anybody read this any other way. If so, please weigh in with an explanation. Some people have been posting on the moon rock heist episode back a decade or so, how that too may have been staged to perhaps steal not the rocks, but the lab books in that safe. In light of all this, makes plenty of sense to me now.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

We do need proof that we did not land there in 1969. That would go a long way toward advancing genuine space science.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I don't understand the greed of it all. Why would a country want to make up a story like that? Surely you would know that it would come out? And to lie to the whole entire world like that? Who does that?

I believe it happened but there's always doubt...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
So the Chinese are sending up an orbiter and rover this year

en.wikipedia.org...'e_3

When will that launch? Also what's the soonest that they release pictures and data?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

What I find most amusing about the Indian probe situation is how NASA started finding water in its own moon rocks not until the Indian probe began to send back data on the same. Now why is that? How is that? How is it that there was no water in the Apollo rocks back in the 1970s, and lo and behold, now there are all of these hydroxyl groups they are discovering? Answer: the Apollo landings were fake. The Apollo rocks were made here on earth. When it was realized the Indian probe would start to send back data on the state of genuine moon rocks, the NASA people started changing their story about their rocks. I mean, can anybody read this any other way. If so, please weigh in with an explanation. Some people have been posting on the moon rock heist episode back a decade or so, how that too may have been staged to perhaps steal not the rocks, but the lab books in that safe. In light of all this, makes plenty of sense to me now.
NASA scientists have been saying they have found water in them thar hills for ages - since at least 1999 I believe I read somewhere. I will find the article about it all and post it here. What I cannot understand is how these countries who have been to the Moon have not released very good images. Either technology is a lot worse than we thing it should be... or else there is a coverup going on. As far as I know, India has not released the 40-60,000 pictures which were sent back from their spacecraft before it went suddenly and surprisingly AWOL and no-one is monitoring their official forum to answer the posts posted there. Apparently, it had some NASA electronics in it so maybe there was a self-destruct/disbling technology onboard. We will never know and that is just pure speculation.

Oh.. a few years ago, there was a big hoo haa about NASA giving the president of Holland( I think) a fake Moon rock as a present. Strange that.

Fake Dutch 'moon rock' revealed

Moon rock' given to Holland by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin is fake

Embarrassment as 'moon rock' in museum turns out to be just a piece of petrified wood
edit on 2 Jun 2013 by qmantoo because: add links

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I see you've sourced alot of government 'space' agencies.... what makes you so sure about anything they say? blind faith?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Chinas rover lands tomorrow?

"http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/china-attempts-rovers-soft-landing-moon-21217539"

X

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I just entered the official competition for Mars One. I would love it if I won and got to be a space adventurer. First two leave in 2022 with two more every year and we get the joy of trying for a place in the 2028 launch!

www.facebook.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

acetk
I just entered the official competition for Mars One. I would love it if I won and got to be a space adventurer. First two leave in 2022 with two more every year and we get the joy of trying for a place in the 2028 launch!

www.facebook.com...

I think that date is VERY optimistic.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Great work, putting all these together. I enjoyed reading through, I'll have to read through the links laster, too.

I find it 'amusing' that it's taken us this long to go back to the Moon, based on the fact that the rocket that took Armstrong & co, used less power than a modern day microwave, apparently. I know people always point to money being the reason, but look at how much money the planet invests in war. Space exploration is the only way our species will survive long term, they need to put more work into sending men back to the Moon, to Mars, etc.

If they need one way volunteers, I'd be more than happy to go, if I could get through all the training!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I forgot to mention in my previous post.

Us not going back to the Moon in however many years, despite technological advances. Adds fuel to the fire that we never landed, & America were just using it as propaganda, to flex their 'technological prowess' in that era.

Or, something told us to go back!

There's a reason Armstrong refused to talk...

I'm getting sidetracked here though. Great post, again. I'll 'flag' it for you, when I figure out how to!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Did anyone ever hear of the Black Knight Satellite? It is supposed to be in polar orbit and was discovered before sputnik was in space.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join