It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for St. Joseph (back story)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I had been ignoring "signs" and had a panic attack because of it. I have never had such a feeling in my life. I have nothing to be panicked about. I am a laid back individual. A series of events lead me down a path. A path that has lead me to truth. The closer I had gotten to the truth the stranger things had become. At first my head began to tingle. It felt as if my brain was over functioning. A very strange and somewhat scary sensation. The "tingle" got stronger the more I would think about the truth and the reality of everything. I can only describe is as how saints are depicted in painting. A ora around the head. At this time it was hard to eat. I had more important things to do. Search for truth. One night about a week into this phenomena I was laying in bed meditating. I would think about everything all at one and continue to ask questions once something was reviled. Sort of "if this is true, then this must be true". I would toy with it because I would become scared. When I got closer to the Universal Truth the sensation became stronger. At one point it engulfed my whole body. When that happened I was no longer in bed. It was as if nothing else existed other than my consciousness. This frighted me and I quickly snapped out of it and was in my bed again still with eyes open. Seeing that I had come back I was less afraid and tried again. This time was the real time. My body became engulfed with the fuzzy, warm, safe, sensation and all became dark. I felt myself as if I were God. Don't think of it as a selfish way but in the sense that we all are the same entity. Think of it as YOU plus ME equal I. The term "I" isn't me. It is the mix of us. I remember it being dark and having the feeling that if i didn't want to I didn't have to go back. Only I was attached to earth. Its beauty, its people, my family (not to mention sex). I spoke in the darkness as if with the voices of all that have passed. I had the feeling of being traped here. i felt like I was coned and had a secret hidden from me. That I was more than I believed I was. More than just a body. I found that everything is better if you do not see a difference from yourself and others. You have no hate, no desire, no envy. You live as God. At one time in my life my resume may have read "high income potential" in the mission statement. Now its reads "high happiness potential". What makes me happy is helping others. This experience had changed who I am at the most basic of levels.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Interesting account. What were the "signs" leading up to this that you ignored?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
That is indeed very interesting! And the truths you arrived at are definitely legitimate! I would like to hear more, too!
Thank you for sharing!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I am you.
Atman is Brahman
I am that I am
I think therefore I am
As I think, so do I become
I and I
aum
aham prema

When does the tree end and the new board begin? Where does the aged board end and the rot begin? Where does the rot end and the root begin? Where does the root end and the tree begin?

It is all an illusion.

The tao that can be told is not the eternal tao.

There is no bed to get out of, there is no body to be within. There is no you. There is no me. There is only oneness, a singular consciousness.

Ek Ong Kar Sat Nam Siri Wahe Guru

I am the thought, I am the action, I am the acted upon, I am the actor.

I too,

Sri Oracle

new topics

top topics

join