It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Doomsday Refridgerator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sometimes a story comes along that just nags at a person. You can't figure out exactly why, but just like a hangnail, it catches you off guard when you least expect to think about it. This is one I ran onto.

Cooling units have gone to work in a mountain some 480 kilometers north of the mainland of Norway, cooling an underground man-made cavern. Dug into a mountain in an archipelago for the Svalbard Global Seed Company, the storage area will will contain up to 4.5 million seeds.

The project is meant to protect food sources from global disasters and war. The remote location is a hedge against the future that might be coming. It is said to be able to protect the seeds for centuries, maybe up to a thousand years. It is described as a "Noah's Ark".

With things being as strange as they are in the world, one has to wonder if the powers that be know something we don't? Is this a part of some plan to save the elite's offspring from a barren world? Why is the location a secret? Who knows the secret? Who has the key to the vault of a green tomorrow?

www.msnbc.msn.com.../

[edit on 20-11-2007 by NGC2736]

Edit to add: My keyboard is not right, or I'm going nuts with the URL

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This is kind of odd. Storing every seed imaginable to protect them from what is to come? This seems shady. Even so, if these are being stored in the permafrost in Norway, is that not safe from Global Warming either? If Greenland and the ice caps are melting away, then why wouldnt the permafrost go bye bye as well?

Whatever it is, it seems like the powers that be may have initiated this due to some inside info. Who knows...

join