It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official Ron Paul Hate Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Bring em home, put them on our borders. (Our troops, not the Iranians, and Syrians, LOL)

Not a horribly bad idea at all...

One problem though..

All of the Middle Eastern Experts are telling us that in that scenario, we leave a hot-bed of muslim fanatics that would spread, by means of terror, all over the Middle East. Would they stop there? Well Hitler didn't and he did not have their rabid religious motivation to convert the world.

Looking at the terror they have spread in Denmark, France and other parts of the world, that is not too big a leap to make. In fact it is common sense.

Fight them there or fight them here.

Semper

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
But Semper.

Who lit the fire under that hotbed?
Why, if we left the middle east alone, would they even care enough to come over?

9-11 perfectly illustrates the need to stop screwing around over there.
One of our own allies (OBL) was pissed enough to put together that aerial attack.

Then because OBL, and AlQeda did this. we attacked Iraq (another ally), which created a power vaccum that is now being filled by more people that we can kill.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Why, if we left the middle east alone, would they even care enough to come over?

You are aware that Al-Qaeda is a Fundamentalist Radical Islamic Organization dedicated to ensuring that all people follow in their interpretation of the Quran?

They are totally committed to this ideal as evidenced by their attacks in countries not in Iraq and even those that have capitulated to their current terrorist demands.. Italy, France and Denmark come to mind quickly here.

I fail to understand how some can be so verbal on ATS about how they "Cherish" THEIR freedoms, fighting the patriot act, defending liberalism etc, and with the same breath have no compassion for an Iraqi People that want Democracy..

If you read this, you will see that I defended this stance successfully in a debate and I have some good information there..

War Debate

The Democratically elected government of Iraq deserves a chance to make it. If we leave, their life span will be measured in hours.

They have asked us to stay and help them. As we value our freedom, as we "Proclaim" to all the world the virtue of our system and debate her merits, we develop for ourselves a necessity to stand up and defend what we say. "To Walk the Walk" to coin a favorite phrase of mine.

So I guess I'm kind of like this...

If you don't care about other people being free, the Iraqi People specifically here, then you should stop talking about some one infringing on your freedoms...

It's kind of funny that some of the staunchest libs on here, the ones most vocal about our freedoms and how "caring" they are about other people, are the loudest ones about us leaving Iraq...
I guess country of origin decides value to those libs...

Not so much to me..

Semper

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Semper

Al-qaeda
What was the impetus for their creation?

Why was Al-qaeda formed?

When will we know that Iraq has a democracy?
How long do we wait for them to say, "ok" you can go now?

How much more of my money will be spent on something that is being forced on someone?
How many more Americans will die, giving THEM democracy?
While, here in America, we are slowly losing our own Liberties.

Is there only a certain amount of Democracy to go around?

Is that too many questions?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Not at all..

HAHAHAHA

The organization Al-Qaeda is root to the Taliban. Both are religious fanatic groups that sprang into existence during the Afghanistan occupation by the former USSR.

It would seem to me anyway, perhaps the experts have other ideas, that when Afghanistan was free from the Soviet Union, they found themselves with a cause and no one to force it on. Of course many that are fighting now are far too young to have been involved, but according to academics, they are the ones that grew up in the refugee camps...

Anyway

Here is some good reading about the subject...

Taliban Origin

Al-Qeada

The thinking among most analysts now is that the "name" is simply a magnet for all disgruntled violence junkies that harbor hate for western ideals and the freedom of democracy..Those that mainly wish to force their religious ideals upon others...

As far as how long do we stay?

I'll answer that with a question...

When someone asks for your help, when do you stop helping them?

My answer is this..."As long as they need it"

Just saying..

Semper

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
So, Taliban, and Al-qaeda both sprang into life because afganistan was invaded by outsiders?

Then that invading country went bankrupt?

I see a distinct parallel to current events here.
Blowback anyone?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
That is absolutely what started their existence...

However they were exerting massive control in many areas prior to any US involvement...

Their tactics of control by terror and strict adherence to ancient traditional methods of punishment and torture caught the eye of most world organizations... Our involvement was necessitated long before Iraq, it was only a matter of time....

The frustrating thing is watching the people that cry freedom and spout off about "us" losing that freedom and then cry the loudest about us leaving the Iraqi's on their own...

It appears to me that compassion has borders for some people...

I've been there. They are a magnificent people. They just want to be free like the rest of the world.

Semper

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I thought I'd add a couple of REAL things, that are REALLY happening.
These are things that Dr. Paul predicts in his platform.

1. RealID. On it's way to becoming reality. Chertoff is already using language such as "compliance is mandatory, if you want to be able to travel". States are required to sign a waiver by May.
A national ID..Everyone happy about that?

2. China, Kuwait..Guess what they are doing?
Rescuing Citibank, thats what. China, and Kuwait a 14 BILLION dollar deal is in the works.
www.ft.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
That ID idea sucks....

REEKS of "Let me see your papers" (Suitable Nazi Accent Applied)

Semper

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Things never change.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
OK I'm from the UK so can't vote,but I'll chime in.

Paul does seem to be the most rational and intelligent out of a very poor Republican field, I guess I don't have enough understanding of how his policies would effect America or the rest of the world. He talks a good game, but in reality, when we now live in such a globalised world, are Ron Pauls policies too isolationist? Will Ron Paul be able to deal with a global financial crisis? What would be the implications of ending the fed for the rest of the world?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join