It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official Ron Paul Hate Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
I don't even 'dislike' Ron Paul, but, someone told me that he's for open borders, believes in aliens and other stuff I can't remember.

He still looks like the least dangerous, though IMO.

This is the reason why America will never get anywhere. Just eat what you're fed and go to sleep full. No critical insight or anything, just as long as you "heard" something, you form an opinion. Cattle being led to slaughter, I tell you.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

you honestly think it is a bad idea to shut down a private banking organization, unregulated by Congress, that prints off more American dollars than we have? I think the Federal Reserve is scary, not getting rid of it. Ron Paul supports Gold standard, which would pretty much take away all the Feds duties. Wouldn't want to have some uninflatable, consistent currency though now would we?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

THEY ARE THERE FOR OIL!

Well that kind of sums up the intellect prevalent on this thread... Must be why I'm paying such low prices for my gas, because we took all that oil...

OH YEAH, we haven't....

Still get most of our oil from Canada .... What happened to all the oil we stole from Iraq? I wonder.. HMMMMM Oh I get it.. We are going to invade Canada next..

What makes you feel so special and in the loop that you would actually be in on the benefit of this Oil War?

The "cheapness" of your gas is severely offset by the expense of this war coming from your tax dollars which is sending this country into a debt that not only can never be repaid but will effect every generation that follows...

the ONLY people that benefit from this oil war are those who poses the contracts, You know the little companies that were lifelong friends with big people in Washington, who suddenly became big companies collecting billion dollar contracts like baseball cards as a result of this war.

Meaning We Pay our slave taxes to fund their gamble and when/if that gambles pays off they collect the payment, We could spend hundreds of trillions of our tax dollars funding this war forever and they may only make 10 trillion from it, but thats 10 trillion earned at the expense of the sheeple and those who poses the contracts are out what? of thats right nothing, they didn't pay for it.

Gas prices could drop to $1 a gallon and we STILL wouldn't benefit from it Because anyway you spin it we still spent hundreds of Trillions of dollars to get $1 gas.....

We lose.

Blind Patriotism will and is the downfall of this Republic.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Blind Patriotism will and is the downfall of this Republic.

WOW

Do you wear that on a placard on the street corner crying out that "The End Is Near?"

The same doomsday drivel you are selling has been around forever. Just read back over the ATS threads and you will find people like you predicting the doom of the US each and every year...

Every time the National Debt goes up, you all gather together and cry DOOM DOOM.. Then the debt goes back down and you find some other reason to predict doom...

Maybe if I was still in my 20's and had not seen the same drivel over and over and over, the same kind of people "Convinced" the debt is out of control, the dollar will crash and the US will fall, on and on and on, I would maybe fall for some of it. The trouble is people as old as me have been hearing you doom sayers for years and years. The monotony is horrible.

Yeah, the end is near.. It always is...

Semper

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thank you for completely twisting my words into something they are not, all while avoiding the context and point of my post.

Doom and Gloom? The end is near? how did you pull this crap from my post?

Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
And thank you for further deflecting what you were spinning...

I have no idea how anyone can determine my post to be twisting...

Doom saying is doom saying...

Anyone can, and many do post "DIRE" predictions for the future on a regular basis, especially when the current political party is not one they endorse...

It is as old as time itself and as tired...

The facts are that this country has stood by while people cried doom again and again... Ron Paul wont change any of that.. He gets in the White House, and others will cry DOOM DOOM...

Either Clinton's policies were going to destroy us, or George's... Take your pick, it is all the same rhetoric...

And thank you

I am denying ignorance even as we speak...

Oh and just so you notice... Calling it an Oil War, is also a very old and tired spin.. Silly and without merit, but spun no less...

Semper

[edit on 1/10/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Anyone can, and many do post "DIRE" predictions for the future on a regular basis, especially when the current political party is not one they endorse...

Prediction?

I wasn't aware I was in the Predictions section let me get down there right away!

Anyway I'm not sure if you know this this or not but judging by your response I'm going guess you don't

This country was/is supposed to be a Constitutional Republic which has by design elements of Democracy one of which being the elective voting process, with that Said Regardless of Man, Majority, or Government that Republics only responsibility is to protect the rights of The People, via the Constitution of the United States, You know that little meaningless document Our Military and elected officials take oath to protect....

but, don't...

this is proven By UnConstitutional Wars, Interventionalist foreign policies, Illegal Congressional votes, illegal Amendments which contradict the protected freedoms of The People, Continuous usurpations in which the Federal Government takes more and more power from the state, Humans rights violations, Killing to justify killing, the list goes on and on and on, but all of these are a result of the Slipping away from our The Constitutional Republic and drifting into a Democratic mob...

The facts are that this country has stood by while people cried doom again and again... Ron Paul wont change any of that.. He gets in the White House, and others will cry DOOM DOOM...

Did i mention Ron Paul in my post?

Either Clinton's policies were going to destroy us, or George's... Take your pick, it is all the same rhetoric...

Any leader, party, and anyone who took and Oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United states and doesn't, Serves a role in Destroying The
Republic.

Oh and just so you notice... Calling it an Oil War, is also a very old and tired spin.. Silly and without merit, but spun no less...

So then what is it, and how does it benefit you?

[edit on 10-1-2008 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
So then what is it, and how does it benefit you?

Are you foolish?

It is a war on terror!

You are just not seeing the point...

The more towelheads we can irradiate with DU today, the less likely my children will be terrorized tomorrow.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Did i mention Ron Paul in my post?

No you didn't..

I did as I was trying to stray back on topic as per the Terms and Conditions

This thread is about Ron Paul, not some personal misunderstanding about the war or our government.

I was trying to get back on topic, care to join?

Semepr

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

This thread is about Ron Paul, not some personal misunderstanding about the war or our government.

I was trying to get back on topic, care to join?

Ron being the ONLY candidate (taking more than 5%) against the war...
Ron being the ONLY candidate daring to call it an OIL WAR.
All others calling it a "war on terror".

Perhaps we're still on subject?

Sri Oracle

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Absolutely Sri...

That's why I could never support Paul...

I am Pro War and have not fallen for the propaganda of calling it other than it is, a War on Terror..

You can call it a War on Flying Pigs, Doesn't make it right, but you can sure call it that as well as a supposed war on oil...

How about a War on Sand, that's pretty accurate, maybe Paul will take that one up...

Semper

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

What is the war on terror going to accomplish? Every time a Middle-Eastern person gets killed on their own land because of American presence, their brothers, sisters, and friends become good candidates for terrorism. You don’t end violence with violence, you find the source of it and come up with a solution.

Why would we invade Iraq for the war on terror? They didn’t have a terrorist problem then. It was a war on Sadam and his ‘WMDs‘. We won. We’ve liberated the Iraqis and they would like to run their country now.

Why the hell are we still there? Because we don’t want them to have democracy until they agree with us on everything. Sounds like nation building to me...

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
We are there at the request of the Democratically Elected Government of Iraq...

December 12, 2007 - 5:57AM

Iraqi Premier Nouri al-Maliki has formally asked the UN Security Council to extend one last time the one-year mandate of US-led forces in his country, according to a letter released on Tuesday.

Sydney Morning Herald

See?

Easy.

Semper

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Then congress should vote on it.

It's very easy.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So the guy we helped put into power, is asking us to stay?

He must be afraid of something.
Like walking outside, going shopping for food, breathing.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Then congress should vote on it.

It's very easy.

They did...

Measure Title: A joint resolution to authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against Iraq.

Vote Counts: YEAs 77
NAYs 23

Senate Records

Just some research my friend...

Voted on

Asked for by the Iraqi President

Approved by the President and

Supported by both sides of the isle

Semper

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Holy Crap!

That vote was 5 years ago?
I can't believe how long we've been in Iraq.
Where do these enemies keep coming from?

Good thing McCain is willing to send people that haven't even been born yet, over there.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Vote Date: October 11, 2002, 12:50 AM

www.senate.gov...

That was six years ago. If the Iraqi Premier wants to extend some one year deal they had for another year, we need to decide if we want to do that or not.

[edit]
alright, five years ago

[edit on 10-1-2008 by captainplanet]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Where do these enemies keep coming from?

Mostly Iran and Syria according to the embedded troops I correspond with... In numbers far exceeding what the newly formed Iraqi Military and Police Force can deal with at the present time...

Apparently those being arrested are predominantly non-Iraqi and we are able to only determine the country of origin for a small percentage. Not unusual as they are blowing things up, including themselves, making it difficult to question them. The percentage we are able to determine, mostly from forensics, are appearing Iranian and Syrian...

Semper

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
So, we go to Iraq, we end up fighting Iranians, and Syrians.

Looks like all we know how to do is piss off Middle-Easterners then.

Bring em home, put them on our borders. (Our troops, not the Iranians, and Syrians, LOL)

[edit on 10-1-2008 by spacedoubt]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join