It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Official Ron Paul Hate Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I am only going to add one thing to this thread and it is something crucial that Ron Paul fans don't seem to grasp . In the unlikely event that Ron is elected he would be a lame duck president there is no way his policy's would fly with Congress. The only thing that he could accomplish is pulling US troops out of Iraq.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I am curious to know your reasons for NOT voting Paul? What idea is the candidate you are voting for selling you on?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

He will, however, get a very big microphone broadcasting to the ears and minds of the American people.

When they all hear what he has to say, then public opinion will change, and with the support of the public the government can do (or get away with) anything.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hi There,

I hate the fact that he is for defeat in Iraq.

America is already defeated in Iraq, as are all the other occupying forces...nothing has been won, except a lawless vacuum in which the occupying forces are nothing more than targets of hate, bombs, bullets, and propaganda. If you actually believe that American forces are doing good in Iraq, then you need to withdraw your head from the sand in which you have buried it, because you are obviously not facing up to facts.

Ron Paul is after saving American lives...right now! He knows there is no moral justification for American troops in that country, let alone the larger contingent of Blackwater operatives, whom will probably replace the troops as the occupying force. Yet, one can consider the thinking of having those troops in Iraq, is much less to worry about as opposition to the unfolding Facism emerging more and more in the Homeland. You cannot possibly still think that having your troops in Iraq has made the Homeland any safer...your greatest threat is from within, and right now, it is threatening the very core for which many of the troops believe they are fighting for...their families, their communities, their county, their country, and the founding principles upon which it is based.

It seems you are strutting about full of nationalistic pride that you cannot see the battering your country is receiving from those entrusted to govern it...therein lies the 'true' enemy...therein lay the seeds of America's defeat. I notice that Blackwater operatives are far more efficient in putting down insurgents, any kind, and that includes American troops, which they made to lie at gunpoint in the dirt...that is defeat! It is also a symbolism of how many Americans are currently dealing with the threat in their own country...they are laying down in the dirt because they are all so polarised to one another, so indifferent and disparate with their goals. All personal hopes no longer matter, just one thing, one ideology need concern America...and that is to get back to the founding principles of the Constitution.

One candidate, and one alone, has that goal firmly in his sights, and that is Ron Paul. I don't agree with everything he stands for, but there is nothing more significant on the table than that of the restitution of the Constitution. If America does not achieve that, then you can forget personal hopes and dreams for quite sometime...and that is from me, an Englishman.

If our government tried to do here in England what Bush is unfolding in your Country, the population would rise up and tear the whole edifice down around their ears to get at them. We wrecked half of London when Thatcher brought the Poll Tax in. You show them they are being watched, you let them know that freedom and liberty are here to stay, and woe betide he whom seeks to take it from you, under whichever pretext. Vote with your conscience, not your pride!

Best wishes

[edit on 23/11/07 by elysiumfire]

[edit on 23/11/07 by elysiumfire]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dionysius9
He will, however, get a very big microphone broadcasting to the ears and minds of the American people.

At best he would be preaching to the choir Ron supporters are Libertarians and not Republicans.

When they all hear what he has to say, then public opinion will change, and with the support of the public the government can do (or get away with) anything.

Generally speaking the supporters of members congress aren't Libertarians they support there respective party's aims.
Besides do you really think that the establishment would give the power it holds just because some lame duck president advocates doing so ?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dionysius9

Simple...

I believe that no matter how well intentioned he may be, he will not be able to do half the stuff he says...

I support the War in Iraq 100% and I am not in favor of pulling the troop support for the Iraqi government out...

I like his take on Taxes, but more support the Fair Tax'

Etc, Etc

As for my choice, that is personal at this time, but when I have decided who to "get behind" I am sure most will know..

Semper

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I like Ron Paul. Best Democrat the Republican Party has. Kind of like Bill Clinton was the best REPUBLICAN President ever.

But I'm not giving him money. To quote Klang and Krang, "GO AHEAD, THROW AWAY YOUR VOTE!"

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't like how the Ron Paul enthusiasts try to lump all government as one and say it's nothing, but evil. The government is managed at all different levels for all different reasons, and just because some of these areas may be corrupt does not mean the whole government is corrupt. This is a fallacy that should be addressed in detail if RP is to get the right votes, because guess what the government does provide a lot of jobs, benefits and services that we take for granted every day.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Well that kind of sums up the intellect prevalent on this thread... Must be why I'm paying such low prices for my gas, because we took all that oil...

when one says:

"the war is for oil"

that does not mean:

"the war is being fought to make your gas cheaper at the pump"

what is meant by that statement is:

"with their president in the white house, the war is being fought so that the powerful multinationalist chem/oil lobby, can control the flow of middle eastern oil in order that they may stimulate their portfolio value"

who benefits from a stablized iraq the most?

The average american family that now owes 25k to the war fund?
The average soldier on his 2nd tour of duty?
The average board member at oilburton who now has a fortified place from which to refine oil they couldn't touch 5 years ago?

Sri Oracle

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
What people fail to understand is that, finding out about Ron Paul and believing what he says is the nearest thing to a religious experience a person can have. It's like a blindfold has been taken off, people are so excited they want other people to see too. Over & over again I hear stories of people who never voted and/or gave money to a party and are doing so this round. And they say "Ron Paul cured my Apathy", they want to engage in the process. It's a 180 degree turn around, before they really didn't care, now they do. They have an emotional and finacial investment in Ron Paul now.

The drawback to this is sometimes some converts go overboard, and they get frustrated that people can't understand or believe it so easily as they did. But I will tell you this thing is growing at a huge rate.
My opinion is that Nov5th was the start of a microtrend that is explosive in nature, and the number of democrats that are converting for this man is amazing. And I know this for a fact the only way thousands of democrats will vote GOP, is with Ron Paul, if he is gone, so are they.

You remember Ronald R. democrats, these are Ron Paul Democrats.

Love or hate him....or just call him crazy, this vid applies.

ca.youtube.com...
think about it.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

finding out about Ron Paul and believing what he says is the nearest thing to a religious experience a person can have.

And THAT is a huge problem with me...

I don't wear blindfolds and I desire no politician to give me a religious experience....

Semper

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

finding out about Ron Paul and believing what he says is the nearest thing to a religious experience a person can have.

And THAT is a huge problem with me...

I don't wear blindfolds and I desire no politician to give me a religious experience....

Semper

Semper the very fact that you visit ATS shows me you don't wear blindfolds, however many Americans have no clue, but because of the internet many are beginning to awaken to some of the things that have been hidden from them, and this changes them. I don't think thats a bad thing. Thus my sig.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'm a democrat, or use to be but plan on voting for Ron Paul. 4 months ago if you had asked me who Ron Paul was I would know very little. More recently though I discovered who he was on the net. Being already well informed about corruption and the decline of the US dollar and other issues I received Ron Paul quite well. He was the only Republican in the race against the Iraq war and even though I'm a democrat it make me wonder just what his deal was. Every day my support for him increases and especially after the 4.3mil fund raiser Nov 5th. I had to donate 15$ because I felt like it was too big of a movement to not be a part of. I know its not much but the money wasn't the factor to me, just knowing I was a part of something huge. That day proved any who attack Ron Paul and his supporters saying they use "Spam bots" to rig polls wrong. Naturally, those opposed to Ron Paul will attempt to marginalize it and still say its nothing. Whats best about this is that his next mass donation day is coming up will break his OWN record. I'm willing to bet doing this twice will be well.. Twice as hard to marginalize and ignore. I mean what will those who fear him say then? Anyways, right now I don't know what party I'm in, but I do know that I will be voting for Ron Paul whenever I have the chance.

[edit on 27-11-2007 by NerveShocker]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NerveShocker
I'm a democrat, or use to be but plan on voting for Ron Paul. 4 months ago if you had asked me who Ron Paul was I would know very little. More recently though I discovered who he was on the net.

Kind of like John Kerry is President of my in-box.

I appreciate this internet reality check. I really do. Kind of like an odd focus group of crazy people. Those are harder to recruit than you'd think. Um, I have to dial up Verizon to even find people into Ron Paul. Again, I like him... but Jeebus... You guys are so going to be disappointed.

Libertarian Kucinich. That says it all.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Well your response is an expected response from somebody who knows very little about Ron Paul as I once did. As for why I only heard of Ron Paul recently I can give you a hint: I live in the suburbs of Chicago. Unfortunately, it seems the media tends to talk about some people more than others. Wonder what that could be.. it's not as if they are bias or anything. Plus everybody knows the mainstream media isn't controlled by huge corporations. That wouldn't be fair and balanced. Thankfully, though the internet is quite fair still seeing as we haven't lost the battle of internet regulation yet. So that would explain why I found Ron Paul on the net. As for Ron Paul's popularity well maybe you didn't see the results after the republican debates. But wait they were removed hours after.. because the results seemed to slanted maybe even hacked! Or maybe the results weren't hacked and Ron Paul did win. Possibly because he is the ONLY one who made any sense when he opened his mouth to speak. Truth is, even though some would like to hide it from us, Ron Paul won all but one debate where his performance was noticeably weaker. Though he still placed second. Don't believe me? Don't worry I know, how about some proof?

www.prisonplanet.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

people.monstersandcritics.com...

www.newswithviews.com...

I can keep them coming... Unfortunately though you wont see them flashed all over your T.V screen. Msnbc even ignores their own poll.. not giving it any mainstream media attention except for on their website. It seems when corporations run the mainstream media we see what they want us to see. Fear not though events such as the Nov 5th fund raiser, The Ron Paul Blimp, and the Dec 16 Boston Teaparty fund raiser will guarantee media attention. Once and for all they will be forced to admit Ron Paul is real.
Never forget:

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
~ Mohandas Gandhi

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NerveShocker

These polls are meaningless because the sampled population cannot be controlled. Therefore you cannot draw conclusions about the entire universe of people. This gives a rundown of my comments on the subject, which have been hashed out in other threads.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm beginning to have some doubts- Ron Paul got a endorsement from a certain businesman who runs a questional business - a BunnyRanch- not the one where cute furry bunnies are hopping around so to speak the ahem other one. I won't provide any links due to the rules here.

With Ron Paul getting this endorsement will blow any chance he has for president.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

I don't judge him based on who endorses him because he can't control who endorses him. For example, I won't not vote for the person endorsed by NAMBLA, because somehow I doubt that they asked for something like that.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I don't like how the Ron Paul enthusiasts try to lump all government as one and say it's nothing, but evil.

Isn't it ironic though, how you lump all Ron Paul supporters into one group? You're really no better then these "Ron Paul enthusiasts" are by making statements like this.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic
reply to post by Leyla

I don't judge him based on who endorses him because he can't control who endorses him. For example, I won't not vote for the person endorsed by NAMBLA, because somehow I doubt that they asked for something like that.

I looked up Nambla- You got to be kidding me? Suddenly I depressed and sad that the Human race has now completly lost their minds.

Seems that the State Department treated some visitors back in 2003 at this place. I rather take them to Biltmore Estates instead of a brothel. This seems to be the big spot for stars and Government members. Its a disgrace and it makes me sick.

Ron Paul no longer has my support.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join