It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO *60 miles north of Bakersfield, CA*

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well it seems that there is no end to really WANTING there to be a UFO and aliens.
I will say it again, it would be real neat if there were any proof of it, but this video shows NO proof at all!

It is a great video, but there are strobing aircraft lights that denote any number of possible explanations....all of which are very terrestrial! No, they do not seem to be in a pattern for in flight refueling (although they could be). However, formations is THE most plausible situation here. And yes, they could be hovering and yes, they could be silent!

It never ceases to amaze me that people will look right past the most mundane and obvious of explanations to get to their completely wildly held want-to believe theories. Yeah, 16 pages of conjecture so far that any of us from the aircraft froum can tell you is a simple formation of aircraft!

Again, great photo/videography but it's time to move on now..........

Peace, Mondo

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
seriously? sorry... while it might not be extra terrestrial it is not a fighter jet. The blinking lights, to me, suggest that it could, possibly, be man made, but not jets. The movement alone suggests that its not a jet...

Let's not assume the 6 lights in the first half of the video are the same as the "triangle" in the second part. Diana says there was a break while going to the gas station. I have only analyzed the first part. The lights seems to pass overhead from the orientation of the V shape. Nothing extravagant about their movement.
About the slow speed, they would appear to move quite slowly if they are high enough. Is it possible to estimate the altitude without any indication of the object's size ? I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Allow me to cut in here......the statement that it could not be fighter jets is completely erroneous! Many variables enter the equation when movement in relation to our postition is at question. ESPECIALLY at night!! The airspeed is not known, nor the altitute, or direction for that matter other than what we assume would be point A to point B. Our mind tricks us into believing that since it was here one moment that it should be there the next, but this is again not correct.

You make a great point that altitude cannot be verified for sure and that is a MAJOR factor from a releiability standpoint....not to mention the other factors.

The mind fills in what cannot be easily understood!!!

Peace, Mondo

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Skydiving at night with Magnesium flares:
www.youtube.com...

Holy debunk Batman!! It looks NOTHING LIKE the triangle shaped UFO the girls video'd! Another theory put to sleep. R.I.P.

Just thought I'd throw this out there too:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Look at the altitude..now imagine it with lights..to be as big as it is in the girls video it'd have to be flying at less than 100 feet! Also its too slow in the video way below stall speed of such a plane. Look how quickly it traverses the sky even going 'slow' yet in the girls video the object lingers for a loongg time..
I think we can safely bed that one too folks!

[edit on 26-11-2007 by jainatorres]

[edit on 26-11-2007 by jainatorres]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
Well it seems that there is no end to really WANTING there to be a UFO and aliens.

I think you are mis-characterizing this thread. By far the vast majority of opinion here is that there is a natural explanation. Many people have already brought up the aircraft formation as a valid explanation. VERY few people have even mentioned aliens, the OP being a notable exception. OF COURSE you wouldn't mention aliens in an aviation forum where that's not the subject. You're castigating this entire group as if everyone is 'wanting aliens.' In fact, this group pinned this thing within the first couple of pages. The rest is just tossing around alternative possibilities: Blimps, helicopters, skydivers, etc. Good job, group.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Man some people are really dumb....

I mean really really dumb....

[edit on 26-11-2007 by omnicron]

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

After rereading a number of pages I have to agree with you!

My apologies for "grouping" anybody together! Not my intention at all, I just posted early on and after browsing through a number of pages, I addedgain, no offense intended to anybody...especially the OP and and the original photo/videographer! Easy mistake to be made and easier conclusions to jump to that needed to be nipped in the bud.

Peace, Mondo

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have realized that no matter how well I try to explain what I saw that night, it really doesn’t matter. I don’t even know what I saw. I know what I did not see. I did not see an airplane. I did not see a formation of jets. I had a close encounter with something that not only looked out of this world, but FELT out of this world. I say close because it was only 1,000 feet away from me and totally silent. In my opinion it WAS stealthy. Why was I the only one to spot it? Blondie would not have noticed it if I hadn’t pointed it out to her.

It had flashing lights, but not like an airplane. The lights were doing all kinds of different things and they even completely turned off. This is when I could see the craft the best. The best way I can put it is that it was similar to the alien in the movie Predator with Arnold Schwarz. The craft blended in with the background, so that it almost looked invisible. But I could still see the outline of something moving. I was mostly looking through the viewfinder, but was also trying as much as possible to see it with my own eyes. Blondie actually saw more of it with her own eyes, as I was filming.

This craft could shut all its lights out at anytime and blend in with the night sky, but instead it chose to have red lights flashing all around it. At one point the lights turned to dim white lights (not like the blinding strobe lights of an airplane). At an angle on the horizon it looked like a “typical” flying saucer with red lights going in a circular motion, and also all around it. When it flew directly above our heads the lights changed to a V blinking formation. The lights would also change to a “line” formation. Then as it moved to an angle more on the horizon it looked like a flying saucer again. It looked really big sometimes. And it looked effing huge at other times. And at the very end, it looked like a triangle flying sideways. Jeannie couldn’t see this. Only I could see it zoomed in with night shot (“Jeannie you’re not gonna believe what I got.” “What?” “I got a triangle”). I can’t explain this. I think it wants its observers to be confused. I felt like it saw us. I don’t know why it flew directly at us and over our heads not once, but twice. And what is up with the bright white comet that appeared in the sky and then shot off across the horizon leaving a comet-like streak (This can’t be seen on the video. We saw it in person). It didn’t look like a comet. It looked like something trying to look like a comet. Was this a smaller ship leaving? I don’t know. Nobody knows…except for they.

The lights were not as bright as an airplane at night. They were there and flashing, but more dim. It was hard to keep track of and film, because the lights would completely change or turn off. An airplane is easy to film. This craft was very difficult to keep in the view finder, especially on such a dark night. I know what we saw and I know it was extraordinary and still completely unexplainable to me.

If it is an alien craft…what does it matter? The government will never admit that they exist until CNN gets footage of one landing in front of The White House.

If it is a secret military craft…what does it matter? Once again the government will never admit that they exist.

Either you believe our alien friends/foes are visiting us earthlings to check out something. Or you believe the government has secrets. Or you believe we wasted our time making a crappy hoax video. It doesn’t matter to me what anyone else believes. Do you want to know what my belief is? I had suspicions before, but after what I saw that night I KNOW there is more out there in this wonderful and beautiful big Universe we are part of. I just can’t wait for the day that everything is clear before everyone’s eyes and there are no more questions…until then…be kind to yourselves and each other.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLACKburn
.... Jeannie couldn’t see this. Only I could see it zoomed in with night shot (“Jeannie you’re not gonna believe what I got.” “What?” “I got a triangle”). I can’t explain this. I think it wants its observers to be confused...

Could expand on the camera and settings used? Typically, I can see better at night with my unaided eyes then though the view finder on a camera.

What is the zoom magnification, or special night mode, etc., that made your view better than another's observer's.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Because it was far away off in the distance. All she could see was the flashing lights, which is what I saw through the view finder until I changed it to night shot mode. When it is dark you can see better with night shot mode, than you can with your own eyes. It's why the military has night vision binoculars.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You captured a most excellent video. I only hope some real experts can do something with it as far as image enhancement goes. Most of the people on this forum are too scared to consider its even anything from another world..and find it far safer to pass off as a mass hallucination, stealth blimp(?!?!) or chinese lantirns with magnesium flares. But it sure doesn't look or behave like anything I've seen..I for one believe what you saw was either extra terrestrial or human made from E.T. technology..either way its a smoking gun for what the government either has or is failing to do for us (tell the truth) Dont be disheartened by the debunkers here..

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jainatorres
Most of the people on this forum are too scared to consider its even anything from another world..and find it far safer to pass off as a mass hallucination, stealth blimp(?!?!) or chinese lantirns with magnesium flares...

It appears you have misinformed yourself with that point. Most people don't feel scared as you put it. There are many who want the truth. Just accepting anything as fact isn't the way to truth.

Blackburn, can you list the camera make and model.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hi BLACKburn and Blondie,

I read in this thread that there is a 16 minute, continuous video of this sighting. If that is correct would you mind putting it up?

If you want, you can send me a DVD of it and we'll host it here on ATS.

I think a 16 minute video of this event would be pretty incredibe to say the least and silence the "hoax issue" for certain. Don't worry about those who think you've hoaxed this, what else can they suspect? They don't know you and the video combined with your personal reports are typical of the legions of hoaxers who have tried and failed to pull one over on ATS.

I don't think you ladiess faked this at all but I am only on person.

That being said, if you have 16 minutes it could change the world, a little at least.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLACKburn
Either you believe our alien friends/foes are visiting us earthlings to check out something. Or you believe the government has secrets. Or you believe we wasted our time making a crappy hoax video. It doesn’t matter to me what anyone else believes.

I've been following this thread and I don't recall many people suggesting you hoaxed this video. I don't think it is quite fair for you to suggest that. With only a couple of minor (and juvenile) exceptions people on the whole have been really good to you here and simply asked for more information and clarification, which you have readily provided. This is all a good thing. That's the whole idea; that's how it should be.

Of course you are free to believe what you want about your own sighting, but I would suggest no proof of 'aliens' is in the sighting, your feelings about it notwithstanding. Feelings aren't very good evidence. I suggest you are hurting your cause by insisting on aliens here. You don't really want to go there with this sighting. Let's just stick with the observable facts about the sighting. You and Blondie are the only ones who can provide them and you've done excellent work so far.

We've seen hundreds of pictures and videos here. Some of them are faked--I don't think yours is. Many, if not most, have earthly explanations. Some of them, frankly, are better than yours, though yours is very good. I mean no criticism when I say that you don't seem to have studied UFOs or have attempted to analyze many sightings over many years. Many people who have dedicated a small portion of their lives to do so have never seen a UFO. You did. Lucky you. I think it would be to your detriment if you knew a great deal about UFOs. Let's just try to work through this thing without jumping to conclusions.

I do think you've got a classic here. There aren't many. No matter what is said or concluded here, it's not going to go away and will be in the anals of UFO-lore for the foreseeable future.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BLACKburn

Having been where you saw the object, and knowing the terrain and having seen all kinds of aircraft flying around the area. Some of the "mundane" explanations are more far out than a UFO.
Jets that dont make any noise, stealth blimps, hang gliders, skydivers at night, ultralights, are just as far out a a UFO.
People have been seening this craft for more than 30 years, all over the world. We might be able to pull something like this off now but not 30 years ago, and certainly not in belgium or germany.
At one point in the vid, when you stop and get out of the car, you can see the lights at about 15-20 deg up. Unless the object was very far away that would put it VERY close to the ground at one point, just several hundred feet. ANY AIRCRAFT WOULD BE CLEARLY AUDIBLE on the tape, but there is no sound.
I saw the same sort of object 6 years ago, the only way you could tell it was there was that it blocked out the star light as the object flew overhead silently. Since I was up in the high sierras and the wind howls through the passes there was noway it was a blimp.
By the way the wind howls out of the mountains where the ladies saw the object.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
By the way there have been multiple sightings in the same area over the past 20 years. Some of which are for sure crop dusters flying at night, but that was certainly not a crop duster.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I agree completely with schuyler on this matter. Trust me, if there had been even so much as a whiff of hoax in this, people would have been climbing over each other to rip you.

While we all, informed ad uninformed alike, have our own personal belief system as regards UFOs and aliens, many of us try very hard to be as impartial in looking at the evidence as we can. We know that it will be evidence that counts to the vast majority in the end.

We only seek the truth as it can best be found.

I too think you both have done a outstanding job of presenting yourselves and your evidence as best you could. Let us now go forward together, to see where this may lead.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Kinda off topic but , Blackburn & Blondie, were you guys in Bodie, CA last month? Because I parked behind a couple of ladies that were skydivers and one was a photog as well.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I watched a triangular craft at night 2 weeks ago. When I could finally pull over and get the camera out of the back of my van it changed into a normal plane headed south out of the South Bend airport ( I think) no sound but had it's landing / takeoff lights on. I was so excited but never even heard a sound because it must have been 20 miles away.Personally whenever a UFO has flashing lights NOT. The ufo that made a beliver out of me was just a bright light not a little flashing red light just a bright white light and it definately made a beliver out of me. Nobody could ever convince me I didn't see what I saw. It's actually funny when people try because there wern't there. It's been 40 years and it's still plain as the night it appeared.

mikell

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

It is still available here:
www.divshare.com...
Click "Download original" to get the 16 minute wmv (17 MB).

It is not continuous BTW. Two parts ?

On the few still frames I checked the deepest black is at 10/255, there are random spots everywhere at 11/255 due to compression, and the rest is centered on visible lights. Maybe stabilizing and averaging over a lot of frames would reveal something. Good luck!

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join