It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle UFO *60 miles north of Bakersfield, CA*

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm having trouble with the stealth blimp theory. It's my understanding that "stealth" should be one of the characteristics of a "stealth blimp" and I'm just not finding this craft very stealthy at all.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Thats what all of us are asking ourself now, if this is a secret military craft and they want it to keep it secret why does it have all those strobe lights on it?

The other thing if that if this is a stealth blimp even if it is secret and stealth if it hhad any problems and needed to land it has to get the strobes light on so other crafts dont collide with it.

I think we first need to rule out if are looking at a fleet of objects or at a single one.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks for clearing that up, Internos!

It's just my intuition, but I don't believe that what we are seeing is a run-of-the-mill aircraft formation... I may be a layman (and I am) but my gut tells me this is a (possibly 'flat') singular object. Belonging to who? I don't know.

Intriguing nonetheless! And certainly one of the most fascinating ATS threads I have ever seen.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos

Just to show what i mean for flat (i'm not guessing that this is the case, just showing how could be obtained that configuration of lights): IMHO, the options are almost endless.

Perhaps we have two triangles merging to form a single rectangle. I wish I knew. My ability at photo editing leaves much to be desired and working with some screen captures, I could not ascertain whether the lights had any substance between them. Do you have any take on that?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the full version of the video Diana.

Has anyone tried to send this to the media yet? UFOs have been in the news a lot lately, I think they actually might play this one or at least investigate.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Since live in the county in question, I can shed some light on a couple of points. I gets dark here about 6 ish. The girls got very luck as it was foggy the day before and that morning.

The 144th out of fresno ANG, at FYI, would not be found flying around out there. FOR ANY REASON. They provide CAP for all of the west coast. Their planes are in high demand.
Lemore NAS is just a few short miles away, but I believe that all of thier squadrons are deployed overseas right now.
The area of the siteing sits at the very base of a 5000-6000 ' mtn range. Other than crop dusters, and that is most assuredly not a crop duster, you wont find any aircraft flying below 10,000' in that area.
There are mutliple high voltage power lines that parrallel the highway so you wont find many planes flying at low altitudes at all.
The nearest commercial airport is visalia 60 miles east nothing larger than a 20 passenger puddle jumper. No tower and no night operations.
FYI( Fresno Yosemite International) is about 60 miles as well,Take offs are to the north west and landings from the south east, none of the routes into or out of FYI go anyhere near there.
There are two small passes throught the mountains near there, and it is always very windy, so widy as to preclude the use of any blimp type aircraft.
As I type this a pair of F16s from the 144th just took for the afternoon rotation, as they pass over my house they are abou 2500' and so loud you can hear them in the house clearly.
I am going out there right now on my motorcycle and take some pics if I can get there before dark.
One day last week, I'm not sure which, but late in the afternoon 4 f16s scrambled from FYI, they were on it hard, they usually dont leave here at full tilt but they day they sure did.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stketcher
reply to post by Riposte

Thats what all of us are asking ourself now, if this is a secret military craft and they want it to keep it secret why does it have all those strobe lights on it?

Because 'they' know many, if not most people would assume it was just another conventional internal combustion aircraft because most people are dumb-asses and cannot deduce information by using common sense and logical reasoning presented to them in a way even an orang-utan can understand.

Just like the people in this thread who claimed they are aircraft in formation when clearly there was no sound and the witnesses have repeteadly stated seeing an obvious triangular outline. Jesus it was even mentioned in the video countless of times.

So if another one of these post comes up stating that they are some kind of aircraft in formation, consider yourself a dumb-ass without the ability to deduce information by using common sense and logical reasoning.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by omnicron]

-----------------------------

please read Courtesy is mandatory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks
One day last week, I'm not sure which, but late in the afternoon 4 f16s scrambled from FYI, they were on it hard, they usually dont leave here at full tilt but they day they sure did.

That strikes me as extremely interesting. If you could corraborate jet scrambles that are unusual, as your sighting was, to a UFO sighting that would be really good ancillary evidence. Would that we could coordinate something like that for every fighter base. Probably an impossible task. Thanks for the observation.

Edit: Further, "on it hard" mans LOTS of fuel and extra attention for the extra noise. Believe it or not the military looks carefully at fuel usage and conservation. In the Navy anyway, you have to get permission to go flank speed--from admirals. It's no big deal for a CVN (nuke carrier) but the support ships burn oil. If they want to do a battle group run up the Pacific in an exercise, they basically have to take it easy enough to 'save' fuel for a full speed run. In emergencies, such as when the USS Stark (FFG-31) was hit by an Iraqi Exocet in '88, no one cares--they go full tilt, but for an exercise they would need permission.

[edit on 11/23/2007 by schuyler]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron

Originally posted by Stketcher
reply to post by Riposte

Because 'they' know many, if not most people would assume it was just another conventional internal combustion aircraft because most people are dumb-asses and cannot deduce information by using common sense and logical reasoning presented to them in a way even an orang-utan can understand.

Just like the people in this thread who claimed they are aircraft in formation when clearly there was no sound and the witnesses have repeteadly stated seeing an obvious triangular outline. Jesus it was even mentioned in the video countless of times.

So if another one of these post comes up stating that they are some kind of aircraft in formation, consider yourself a dumb-ass without the ability to deduce information by using common sense and logical reasoning.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by omnicron]

So you say it has all those strobe lights to make it look like a normal craft to the naked eye right. Well if you look up to the sky and you see like 8 strobe lights all flashing in a random matter dont you think that will caught your attention more than a conventional craft?

if they had used tha same logic has you I think the "ship"would not have all those strobe lights falshing.

schuyler, Im with you. If we find any kind of relation between both inciddents this could get interesting.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by Stketcher]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks

Please try to remember the exact time and date of the scramble. This UFO incident occurred on Nov 13 at 6:30 PM local time.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The weather in area on the 13th. Sunset near 5:00PM.

Lemoore nas, CA
6:56 PM temp 57.0 °F dewpt 46.9 °F 69% 30.14 in vis 9.0 miles NNE 5.8 mph Clear

METAR KNLC 140256Z 02005KT 9SM CLR 14/08 A3014 RMK AO2 SLP206 T01390083 53002
Wind from 20 degrees at 5 knots, shifting easterly thru next hour

Bakersfield, CA
6:54 PM temp 63.0 °F Dewpt 48.0 °F 58% 30.13 in vis 6.0 miles ESE 3.5 mph Haze

METAR KBFL 140254Z 11003KT 6SM HZ FEW090 17/09 A3013 RMK AO2 SLP201 T01720089 56005

wind from 110 degrees at 3 knots

So anything drifting in the wind would be slow and moving SSW to WSW. Otherwise it must be powered.
Fair to Good visibility with some haze in southern half of the area.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

I wish I could give youall definate anwser as to the day of the scramble, but I just cant. I do know it was after 4pm and before dark and it was either wed or thurs but I cant tell you for sure.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

The weather conditions vary dramaticly as you get nearer the coast range. Even though the winds are light at Lemoore NAS( which is almost 45 miles away. They can be very heavy in the area near the sighting.
I just got back from riding my motorcycle out there to get a sense of exactly where they were on I-5.
As I passed Lemoore NAS the wind was maybe 5-7mph out of the n/w(it is always out of the northwest here) . Starting about 5 miles south of Manning ave, was a High Wind Advisory all the way up to North of panoche rd. Winds gusting at around 20-25 mph as you passed the pass in the mountains.
Where they saw the object is along one of the more deserted stretches of I-5.The Harris ranch feed lot is the last thing they passed as they headed north, the next service station is another 25-30 miles up the road. There are only a couple dozen houses total, scattered around the area for the next 20 miles. There are huge ranches 15,000-30,000 acres out in this part of the valley.
Crop dusters can be ruled out, as there is nothing to spray right now. The cotton has all been picked, as have the almonds, tomatoes, peppers, sqaush, grapes peaches lettuce broccoli and all of the other stuff that is grown out there. There are three parrallel high tension lines that run north south just to the east of the freeway, and several AM/FM radio towers, so you wont find the crop dusters out that way after dark anyway.
I got some pics of the area right at dusk I'l get some up so people can have an idea what it looks like out there.

I got a couple of shots of aircarft as they flew over in the regular fight paths. Even got a pic of a B-52, we used to see lots of b52's when they were based a castle AFB, but not anymore.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by punkinworks]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAvenger

It was tues afternoon, I was talking to friend on the phone about going to her place for dinner. It would have been about 4:15-4:30. We had to wait till they passed to continue our conversation.
Its a shame, because after I got off the phone I had a couple of hrs to kill so I went on a motorcycle ride, I almost went out to where the sighting was to ride in the hills, but didnt have enough time so i went the opposite direction. And if I had stayed at the vista point where I turned around I might have seen it.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I would like to point that there's a big amount of shapes/formations here:
unless it took place some kind of airshow, i'd rule out the airplanes formation theory, despite it seems to be somehow pragmatic. I'm not a pilot, but HEY!
these formations have an unusual appearance to say the least, IMHO, but maybe i'm wrong.

Besides, it seems that there are other objects there: i've extracted these four short parts of the footage in which other objects appears and then goes away:

UFO triangle | Bakersfield [Sharpened] # 1
The object appears from bottom @ sec. 16 (sec. 10 countdown)

UFO triangle | Bakersfield [Sharpened] # 2
The object appears from bottom-right @ sec. 6 (sec. 5 countdown)

UFO triangle | Bakersfield [Sharpened & Brightened] # 3
The object appears from the left @ sec. 4 (sec. 8 countdown)

UFO triangle | Bakersfield [Sharpened & Brightened] # 4
The object appears from bottom-left @ sec. 3 (sec. 8 countdown)

I noticed them in the original video), and i would like to know from blackburn and blondie if they noticed them while filming.

=================================

Originally posted by TheAvenger

Perhaps we have two triangles merging to form a single rectangle. I wish I knew. My ability at photo editing leaves much to be desired and working with some screen captures, I could not ascertain whether the lights had any substance between them. Do you have any take on that?

Sorry for the delay TheAvenger:
Maybe this could help you in order to describe what you mean?

Or maybe do you prefer to draw a sketch?

[edit on 24/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Excellent work with the videos, Internos. What it now looks to me like is a UFO with 6 lights that then has common strobe light flashing jet aircraft attempting an intercept. What I meant with my previous comment was that if you put two right triangles together you get a rectangle. Two isosceles triangles yield a square.There have been cases of "shape-shifting" UFOs, UFOs that "break" into smaller pieces and rectangular UFOs also. Probably a bit far-fetched on my part.

[edit on 11/24/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ok So we are headed down south right now, we took some footage in the daytime of whats in the exact area where we saw it. The location was a little further south then we thought when we looked at the map, The exact location of the second time we saw the craft was at exit#309 where we pulled off to film. There is nothing out there except crops for miles and like someone else said huge towers and antennas where it would be impossible for normal aircraft to fly. we couldn't believe that no one else saw this, except for the fact that we wouldn't have seen it if Diana hadnt been purposely looking at the sky. There was a trucker pulled off at the exit as well but I assume he was sleeping because the lights were out. After filming we pulled forward to get gas at the Chevron. And as we got gas Diana actually told people pumping gas to look for the UFO if they were headed North.... The Craft was flying in large circles traveling northbound and rotating in different angles, Being skydivers we are very well aware of aircraft and altitudes we have jumped out of many different types of planes at different altitudes.... There was NO sound, and was definetly NOT a plane of any kind, the altitude it was flying at was about 1,000 ft. it looked the same height as where we would start our landing pattern under canopy... this thing had no intention of landing and was moving a lot slower then any aircraft I know of, we unfortunately ran out of gas, and thats how we lost it, by the time we got back on the road it was gone. At first I thought it looked like a saucer then a triangle shaped thing, and then towards the end it looked the size of a building, at some points it looked like two crafts, honestly it was very confusing with the lights changing formation constantly..... In person you could slightly see the craft but again it was changing and looked like it was shapeshifting I really was in shock and couldnt believe I was seeing what I was, As you could here in the video when I called my dad who again is huge into UFOS even he who believes told me it was probably a crop duster.... lol as far as contacting the media we tried CNN and a local KCRA station also Art Bell, but no one has replied. Just keep in mind when evaluating this.... Diana put this on youtube to share our cool sighting, you invited us here.... its a UFO untill otherwised found , an Unidentified flying object. Hope this info helps

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ordinarily, I would advise you to listen to your dad. A crop duster however, this is not. We will continue brainstorming and trying to find answers together here on A.T.S.

[edit on 11/24/2007 by TheAvenger]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Stealth blimp comes to mind when watching the video. Just look up stealth blimp. You know the military has tried making them. They say the propulsions is kinetic energy.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Has someone even thought about why would anything Alien have strobe lights on it? I can see light from an energy source but those are common strobe lights as seen on all aircraft.

The flight pattern is what is interesting, and as to why they were flying in formation, but just the lights alone lead this to an earth made UFO(s) which would be most likely small airplanes.

As I have also stated military aircraft do not need to actuality use their lights when the they are using NVGs, but civilian aircraft are required to all the time. In the case of NVGs they would have the ability to easily see and avoid any other aircraft.

To say these are secret aircraft is also rather hard to prove in we only see the lights and the typical normal aircraft can do this, also I would not think secret aircraft would be flying over populated areas in formation with their lights on.

I do find it interesting, but I would also think a very normal reason is out there to explain it all.

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join