It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweeping the Clouds Away (Sesame Street DVD's Adult Only)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Sweeping the Clouds Away

www.nytimes.com

Sunny days! The earliest episodes of “Sesame Street” are available on digital video! Break out some Keebler products, fire up the DVD player and prepare for the exquisite pleasure-pain of top-shelf nostalgia.

Just don’t bring the children. According to an earnest warning on Volumes 1 and 2, “Sesame Street: Old School” is adults-only: “These early ‘Sesame Street’ episodes are intended for grown-ups, and may not suit the needs of today’s preschool child.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

mod edit: for a more descriptive title

[edit on 11/20/2007 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Oh this is a freaking riot! Let this be the meter of where we have gone for the last 38 years.. This is the catalyst! I saw this on YahooNews and HAD to post it as a testament of why we are who we are here in America. It was Oscar the Grouch who made me like this!!!

Enjoy the article and let me hear a bit of your thought on this one!

Cuhail:cool

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
HI Cuhail, yes I recall an episode where General Kofi Annan was there to help the characters on Sesame Street and the children watching, just how to resolve conflict.
The show stuck out in my mind and it was only a short time later when his forced retirement began to unfold.
Sesame street has been a very strong influence in the development of many agendas both good and bad.

Here is an article about his visit to Sesame Street. BTW he sang the Alphabet song...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Right? I want to buy 'em just to see old faves like Richard Pryor on there. I grew up right along with Sesame Street as it is 5 months younger than me. It was originally envisioned to address young inner-city black children in New York. Cookie Monster was invented by Jim Henson as an ad charachter for cookie companies.

What were they thinking?

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Its amazing how bubbly and innocent childrens shows are right now. I'm 25 years old and grew up in the 80's and the shows were ALOT different back then. Most of the PG movies in the 80's would be R movies now. I feel sorry for the kids now that have to watch the crap thats on TV now.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Good point kix,
Maybe we should show this stuff to our kids to get them more attuned to a simpler, LESS POLITICALLY CORRECT, way of thinking. Ya know, at one time, not too long ago, adults did offer children milk and cookies without being accused of enticing them into a sex game. Burt and Ernie were thought of as friends, not, live-in lovers and cookie monster didn't have a cookie dependancy...he just loved cookies. And Oscar? People enjoyed him as a grouch, not a disgruntled, angry muppet.
Jim Henson was a brilliant entertainer.
I miss him.

Cuhail

top topics

join