It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Page: "Super Mondo Site Map"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
As I'm sure many of our users are aware, topical site maps are an important user-friendly attribute of many websites. However, given the massive number of topics in our discussion boards, we've rarely attempted to build a site mapping system.

Well, today, we've launched a new system that displays a chronological list of threads with replies in all of the more popular discussion forums:
The AboveTopSecret.com Site Map of Discussion Topics

The left-side menu displays the more popular forums, sorted by the number of threads in each. Clicking on a forum title will display a list of threads, most recently authored at the top. In some cases, with our larger forums, we're limiting the displayed threads 20 or more replies (otherwise, the page would be over 1 megabyte!).

In some cases, if you're looking for an older thread in a specific forum, you my find it quickest using the site map. Simply click on the forum and locate the relevant text in the thread title by using your browser's "find" command.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I was just curious... is every thread ever made (that wasn't trashed or closed) always on the site? Does a thread from 3 years ago that received 1 reply still available or does a thread need to receive a certain amount of views and reply s to stay open?

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I was just curious... is every thread ever made (that wasn't trashed or closed) always on the site?

Yes. We've never "pruned" our topics like some boards have done.

The site map, however, only shows threads with replies.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Awesome!

I'll be making good use of this, the interface is lovely and easy to navigate and use. With just a couple clicks I was reading a short story of yours from 2003!

Great job!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Oooh, nice! I like the clean, minimal design. This is very useful for those of us with sub-par connection speeds.

Excellent job! My compliments

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
AbovePolitics and BelowTopSecret are now in the "site map" mix...

www.abovepolitics.com discussion topics site map

www.belowtopsecret.com discussion topics site map

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
SO,
I love it! As an FSME, I bookmarked the WoT map so I can easily access what's hot in my section! This is a fine tool my friend, a FINE tool! Thanks!

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This is soooo great. I can already tell this is going to be very useful indeed.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The site maps are now also linked in the footer of each site.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
S.O.?

Inquiry?

When I click onto the left side - main topics, it will bring up poster's listings under that heading.

Have you made the listings in any particular order? i.e. 'most replies to least replies' - Ascending to Decending order?

Was it easier to compile this way, as opposed to perhaps: "Alphabetically"?

I personally find it easier to locate/peruse topics if they were 'alphabetized'.

I might be the only person here that thinks that, but wanted to hear your thoughts.

Thankyou,

~Ducky~

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The site map topics are listed in chronological order, most recent at the top, oldest at the bottom.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
How often will it be refreshed? For instance, I'm not finding some threads from today.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by x-phile
How often will it be refreshed? For instance, I'm not finding some threads from today.

The site maps are rewritten every 12 hours. But keep in mind that we're only showing threads with a certain threshold of replies, otherwise some of the lists would be far too big.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
S.O.?

Just curious about something.

In reference to My thread...question #2

If we could voluntarilly 'free-up' some unwanted space/threads, would it be possible to view more sub-headings in the site map?

Thankyou,

~Ducky~

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
S.O.

Was wondering what your thoughts were to my above postings?

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Uhhhh

nevermind. I found the button

[edit on 5-12-2007 by x-phile]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I love this new concept! My only concern is that, due to some mind-boggling oversight
, you have clearly forgotten to include the "Un-Official ATS Thread Title Hall of Shame" on this new ATS feature, all due diligence to this matter would be greatly appreciated:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Very nice, anything you can do to make it easier for me (not the brightest bulb), is appreciated. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Well hey, if you don't like the thread or title, why not go there and say so stating your reasons rather than sniping and making snide remarks in a completely unrelated thread.
Self validation is no validation at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Well, first of all, I would certainly be called a troll - which I am not - only amused. Secondly, it wouldn't be half as fun as keeping a running tally of the best of the worst!

[edit on 6/12/07 by kosmicjack]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join