It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hmmmmmm................ Who I am.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hey everybody!

Been kind of a weird time in the life of lombozo. Had happy - no unbelievably wonderful things happen. Had devestating setbacks.

I am for the most part a humble man. I like to have fun. I enjoy fine restaurants, & I like dive bars, and am equally comfortable in both. I enjoy getting in the car and driving to no where in particular. Just seeing where I end up, and making new friends.

I like curling up with a good book on a rainy day.

I LOVE to write. (I'm a wannabe writer.)

I like to play guitar, but I'm not very good.

I LOVE to hang out with my son.

I like to cook.

I like to entertain people.

I like to volunteer at the local animal shelter.

I take great pride in taking care of my family, although it saddens me to say that I am starting a divorce proceeding.

I love sitting on an autumn day and smelling the cool crisp air.

I LOVE ATS.

I love the company of a lady. Holding her on my arm. The feel, smell, taste of a woman is something I treasure. Although I do have to say that I don't for a second think I know what makes a woman tick. Hmmm...........

I love life, and I like being me.

8 years cancer free, and I'm still kickin' and stuff.

I'm not a big Mall kind of guy. I like the mom and pop shops.

Sitting on top of a ski slope, with the air so crisp and cold it makes your lungs rejoice when you take in every precious breath. Getting ready to make your run, carving the virgin snow - Uhhhhhhh - I can't even describe. Ecstacy for me.

Sitting and watching my Eagles on a Sunday afternoon, with snacks and my son? Priceless.

Making up silly stories for everyone to read. I love it.

Trying to make a difference in a world that so many try to ignore. Yes. I try.

I don't even know why I wrote this, but I'm not going to delete it.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm very sorry to hear about your marital problem, but very glad to hear what you're all about!

Since i know you will have lots of offers, and i'm the first posting, let me tell you that you sound like the man of my dreams, honestly.

As it is, i hope things turn around and work out for you, but you, my friend, have so much going for you , so much fun and love in your heart that you will have them lined up clear across town. Now, dont jump into any dating right away, give it some time to acclimate yourself with your new life (and again, i hope you can work things out).

Should you want to talk, u2u me and i will be more than happy to talk to you. No jokes. (Is that possible?)

You are one heck of a person and you will be blessed. DG

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hey nothing wrong with that at all. You are a very open and honest person, and that's why I think you garner the respect you do around here. I think you deserve all of it too by the way.

This also gives others a chance to find ways to relate. I for instance love nothing more than sitting on the couch with my daughter watching the Eagles! (She's only 1 but I'm brining her up right)

I also struggle with guitar (my true love is drums) and enjoy reading a good book. Taking care of my wife and daughter is also the true joy of my life.

See...we are all connected more than we might think!

Great Thread!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm so sorry about your marital issues. I echo dg don't rush into anything too fast but instead get used to your new life.

I believe you to be an open honest man and I'm very sure that you will receive all the blessings there are.

Trust me on this you sound like the type of man most women dream of.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Lombozo my friend.
Sorry to hear about the ol' lady. Tough break. But isn't it crazy that that's the worst part of the whole dang thing? I mean, there's the cancer....but ya kicked the crap outta that! Everything else is golden! You have all that wonderful life going on and I have to say, don't let a parting with a woman dull the luster. You'll be okay. The heart is a hardy and hale thing. Like a Hefty Force-Flex trash bag! You can just keep jamming it all in there and it just stretches and bulges out in places. You may think it's breaking....but it's not. It was just a jagged thing poking at one spot.

Hang in there. Focus on the positive and move forward...like you're doing.

Cuhail

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hey lombozo, hopefully you see me as a friend. I have been there with the ole' lady thing - been there done that got the t-shirt kinda thing. But now happily married again with a daughter.

Everything else you have gone through has obviously made you the great dude you are and someone i could kick back with, with a 30 pack of beer, pull the old guitar out and sing "this old guitar taught me to sing a love song, taught me how to laugh and how to cry" - and it is so true, good or bad, out came the guitar and i could think of a song to sing or make one up LOL but NEVER remember it in the morning!!

Anyways, always a friend to you!! In my thoughts dude. If necessary, not too far down is a U2U button hehehehe

[edit on 21/11/2007 by shearder]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Make no mistake about it. I do not only consider you a friend, but a class act as well.

I'll be fine, just a little weirded out. She's using my son as a weapon, and that's the only thing that bothers me.
My good man, I look forward to the day that we might perhaps jam together over a COUPLE of 30 packs. I sold my Les Paul Custom, but I still have an acoustic electric Ovation 12 string, and a Fender acoutstic 6 string.
I can sing pretty well, but I'm not as good as you are on the axe.

Stay well my good man.

Cuhail - Thank you for the cool words. You SIR are allright in my book.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Sitting on top of a ski slope, with the air so crisp and cold it makes your lungs rejoice when you take in every precious breath. Getting ready to make your run, carving the virgin snow - Uhhhhhhh - I can't even describe. Ecstacy for me.

Really hit a cord...

Whether on Skis or Hiking, it is topping that mountain, just at daybreak, the air cuts your lungs when you drop your Balaclava and breathe in the freshest air in the world...

It's funny that while the rest of the world literally lays below me, I always look up....

I wont get there this year, too much going on, so take a breath for me Lombo, if you would...

Semper

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Oh yeah,

Divorce?

I'm divorced and look how good I turned out....

OK.. Maybe that's a bad analogy... LMAO

With your ethics and integrity, you will be fine, trust me on this... Time will heal many things my friend, in her and you.

Semper

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Looking forward to the day when we can carve a run together.
You know you're right. You said it beautifully. When you're ontop of the world, and the lodge looks like an anthill, I always look up as well.

Cool stuff Oh, and I have no real form. I just aim down and go. I'm all into the rush of speed.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It's 830am CST atm.

I am stinky.
I am in need of a shower.
I am hopefully not late for work
I am loosing ground in the laundry war.
I am still tired.
I am sober.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I'm exactly the same...

I almost never do the technical runs, except to show off.. HAHAHAHA

I send my time on the long, downhill runs....

We have to get together some time.. It would be a blast...

Semper

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I believe it would be a blast. I just hope we don't get into too much trouble.........
Do you have an extra 'get out of jail' card?

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I know this thread is touching on a less than happy happy joy joy subject and I wish there was some kind of constructive comment I could make, but the truth is the MonKey is stumped... So

Let's just all have a moment to think about an all girls university volleyball team...

In the showers...

Well I'm feeling pretty good right now.

MonKey

Edit: To much thinking, not enough looking at what I was typing!

[edit on 21/11/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Lombozo,

You, dear heart, have been hit with a double whammy in the last while.

I'll say this again:

When I first met you, I thought you were the most upbeat, cool, fun guy that God ever put breath in! Seriously!!!

You are soooooo full of life!

When you post about your life's experiences, and especially about 'your little dude', I love reading your posts - look forward to them!

For the most part, you are a very optimistic guy. When you post other things, such as this thread, and your dear Pop Pop, believe you me, I can actually 'feel' the pain behind your words.

Life does suck sometimes (trust me, I know) or life can be very beautiful.

YOU are a very real person. No pretenses whatsoever.

That's what I like about you hon.

On a lighter side, I've skiied many times before. Down east in Nova Scotia, there are a few 1/2 decent trails. A bunch of us would get together and ski allllllllll day. The evening time was the best! The lights would go on over the slopes, and kinda made it surreal. When the moon is full - makes for great lighting, I think all the nutbars would come out, and you'd hear alot of excitement then. One of the best things for me was (believe it or not) 'wiping out'. You would always hear me laughing my guts up, after it happened.

Great accustic sounds on the slopes! It's so quiet sometimes, you can hear other people 'shooshing through the snow' or crazies yelling to each other in fun. We didn't know where the hell they were, but we could hear'em..lololol At the end of the evening, we'd all head back to the lodge and warm up with a few brewski's. < pardon the pun...lolol

Lombozo?

Do you like camping? Brought your son with you on a trip?
Those are greattttttttt times I tell ya. Bring your guitar with you, grab some brew, sit around the fire with a few friends, and have a ball! Be sure to find a place that doesn't have 'light pollution', then you can see all the stars and milky way. I could sit for hours watching that. Soooo beautiful.

Anyways, your words are coming back to you now hon: "YOU...stay cool!" The next while may be trying times, but your little fellow needs your love and support very much. He's most important.

Love ~Ducky~

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I believe it would be a blast. I just hope we don't get into too much trouble.........

I'll bring an extra badge for you....

Semper

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
My good man, I look forward to the day that we might perhaps jam together over a COUPLE of 30 packs.
hell yeah! wish i lived closer!

sold my Les Paul Custom, but I still have an acoustic electric Ovation 12 string, and a Fender acoutstic 6 string.
I can sing pretty well, but I'm not as good as you are on the axe.

i have the strat, 12 string washburn, 6 string rhapsody ( ausie ovation) ah and no probs with singing or playing! all good between friends. i will set proper mic etc up on weekend and do simple man.

tying all this on cell phone laying in bed lol

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Lombozo man, sorry to hear about the divorce. Don't know what to say really, but keep posting! Your posts are so uplifting, so full of joy.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

I'll bring an extra badge for you....
Semper

Hey Semper, don't forget about me buddy

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join