It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving Thanks at ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
NGC34212, or whatever LOL, dude you seriously need to relax. Deep breath in...hold it....now let it out. Go ahead and try it, it wont kill you.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I also would like to thank the tres amigos and the members for creating a place such as this. I already have the ATS T-shirt and the coffee mug, but that doesn't compare to the knowledge I have gained from being a member. I only hope I can return the favor.

So let's disregard the words of those that bring up facial contact with the glutamous maximus, and just say,

THANK YOU ATS.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

I am calm. I'm not the one displaying the "Fists of Steel" avatar. I just calmly explained why civility is a good thing.

And I ate too much, so deep breaths hurt.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I am just tripping out the way people on this site site get all defensive because some of us don't feel that we need to show appreciation for something.

While I'm at it I would like to thank all the members who contribute to this site, after all this site would be nothing if it were not for the members who produce the material I read daily.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

If I could applaud you I would

You're absolutely right. It is sad that society looks down upon being nice as a sign of weakness. Everyone's egos and self esteem center around strength and toughness. Seems too many people are afraid to let their guard down and actually at least pretend to co-exist peacefully with one another.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
get all defensive because some of us don't feel that we need to show appreciation for something.

No one forced you to post in here...

No one told you you had to show appreciation. It was an optional thing.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Exactly, and I haven't show any appreciation either, and I posted in here cause I have the right to express my views that this is a butt kissing thread.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   

No one said you didn't have that right. But you're acting as if you're being forced to express appreciation, when you were the one who posted here on your own. All I'm saying is these responses to your opposing view were brought on by yourself, not us.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Indeed!!! And saying so doesn't hurt a bit. I second that.

If I sounded like I was "tripping" there, it's because I find that the world has changed a lot in my half century plus of watching it go by. Civility was the norm years ago. After fighting a bloody war, Lee and Grant were civil to each other at the time Lee surrendered.

I find that movies and the modern culture seem to underscore the worst of human nature. It is not so much that people intend to be uncivil, it's that they are so cut off from their fellow man that it never occurs to them to be nice. And the nature of the internet is such that it too encourages this kind of disconnected thoughtlessness.

But maybe that can change, as we perceive that all of us are really just human beings. Alike in so many more ways than we're different. Brothers and sisters ought to show appreciation and kind words to one another.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Is this thread taking on a different tone to what it should?

Perhaps we should all just relax and stick to either Giving Thanks or not posting at all.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Im thankful for all my new buddies on ATS, like Shearder who keep the peace when peace is needed. Thanks buddy!

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsujin420

Im thankful for all my new buddies on ATS, like Shearder who keep the peace when peace is needed. Thanks buddy!

No problem tetsujin420. I am a lover not a fighter lol but i still get bent out of shape at times.

But yeah, thanks again

Good having you at ATS too.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

My bad. Thanks for reminding me not to rant. I blame it all on over eating and then not being able to sleep, even though it's after 1:30 in the morning for me.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
My bad. Thanks for reminding me not to rant. I blame it all on over eating and then not being able to sleep, even though it's after 1:30 in the morning for me.

LOL no it's cool hehehe
I was ranting myself and everyone rants and it's cool. It was just a reminder

Now please tell me you at least overindulged on ribs yeahhhhhh - ok that's me off topic.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Nope, just plain turkey and ham. But they are very good for giving one a case of DDS (Distended Stomach Syndrome).

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Yes, i know the feeling exactly!!

Oh well if it had to be turkey then so be it LOL and ham doesn't hurt either!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join