It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving Thanks at ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I figured I'd make this topic.

I gotta admit, when I first registered here, I got sick of everybody saying how great ATS was. It got tiring.

But since I've been here more and have been participating in discussion nearly every day, it's become obvious why people think ATS is so great.

I can't even imagine how much time, effort, and work had to be put in to this community to get it running the way it is. At every turn, there's a feature that you don't see on most websites. Then every week or so, here comes another feature to add to the pile. It truly is remarkable how much ATS, BTS, and PTS have to offer.

As a web designer myself, I have to say that the work put in to this website seems like it would be far too much for my patience. For that, every single person that has been involved in the design and development of The Above Network has my utmost respect.

So, with that, in this season of giving thanks, I'd like to thank everyone who has put this community together, and everyone who makes this community what it is, including all of the members who contribute positively. We may not always agree, but the way discussions are handled on this site, and the way most everyone is extremely well educated, makes this the best community on the Internet...........until it gets shut down by Internet censorship

Now, it's your turn to give thanks (if you have any) to ATS!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here, Hear! (I'm not sure which form of the word to use)

I second that emotion. I love ATS, and I am very thankful for the opportunities I've had to share and gain knowledge and ideas here.

I don't go to any other forum. Maybe some here wish I would, but I don't.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Very well said....

I agree 100%

This site has become for me, my "Main" page for news, information and entertainment...

So, Thanks ATS, Members, MODS and ADMIN.. Thanks..

Semper

[edit on 11/20/2007 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
its pretty cool i guess (napoleon dynamites brother lol)

but seriously its really cool, it gives me something to look forward to when im bored, oh ya i just remembered you guys in the states have thanks giving later than in canada,

ahhh thanksgiving a day to remember when we sat with the natives and shared our meals together and in the meantime our armies invaded their lands and assimilated their people...good days

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Dear ATS:

Thank you for letting me live here and enjoy some of the best times here with you.
Its not often you visit a website and laugh out loud at what someone said and for this place is so natural. I feel like i know you all and you're all good friends.

Happy Thanksgiving, ATS and all those who give of their time to run it and to my dear friends.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Thanks to all who created this site and to the members who participate.

It is my favorite site on the net and I am very thankful I found it.

Thanks especially to the members who did not jump on me for some of the really ignorant statements I have made at times.

Happy Turkey Day,
Marilyn

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I too am thankful for ATS; more importantly, my family nd friends are thankful for ATS.

You see, in days gone past i used to sit around the coffee table and try to discuss world events in light of big brother, or the statistical certainty of alien contact, or the fragile nature of Mother Earth, and every eye in the room would glaze over.

But here, on one place, I can talk to a multitude of people that understand me, that share my fears and hopes, that are probably as shunned as I was. Here I can be me, in all my CT splendor.

Thank you ATS, you've saved me from the barbarity of mental health, not to mention the cost, and given me a reason to think that I'm not alone facing a cruel and uncaring world.

Seriously; I am thankful for being a part of this fine community. We may all be nuts, but we're a fine example for nuts everywhere.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What were you saying NGC???

I'm sorry but my eyes glazed over for a second...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry my friend, could not resist...

Just so you know, I'm thankful for you too..

Semper

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Of course eyes glaze over and also the
, that is why this place is so special. We are the ones with the Knowing, and the rest are in a different Universe, or at least another dimension.

But we got it all over THEM.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I too have experienced the glazing and rolling of the eyes when trying to talk about it with people I know. ATS is by far the best place to discuss this stuff. Even though most here are "conspiracy theorists", we're lucky enough to have those that may roll their eyes at our blabbering, but they still discuss it in a respectful way. Probably because they're used to hearing it. But that makes the discussions much better to have two sides.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
What a wonderful idea, NovusOrdoMundi, I want to thank-you for starting this thread.

I stumbled upon this forum as though my being a part of all this was meant to be.

Looking back, it seems like a natural progression took place, like going home to a place you've never been before, leading me to this community and the vast network of ideas, concepts, and personalities, contained within.

Since then I've made many on-line friends, and at least one "respected foe," for which I'm humbly thankful.

As far as my "real world" friends, I'm dragging them in here one-by-one, since anyone I was already friends with, already shared a portion of my not-ready-for-prime-time sensibilities.

The forum members who share our sentiments reinforce our tilted view of reality, and those who oppose us, keep us on our toes and vigilant.

For which I am also quite humbly thankful.

The inner workings and administration of these forums, are the best, IMHO, and the entire site is a joy to behold, navigate, and participate in, thanks to their absolute devotion to quality and fair play.

Can't thank 'em enough!

Once you get your feet wet, you don't ever want to go back to the cut and dry, "real world."

Thanks for making all this possible, you "Three Amigos," you!

Now, back to generating content!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving

I want to give my thanks to ATS and the Three Amigos and the Moderators and all of the awesome members here. I am so greatfull that we have ATS and to have such a great community that actually cares about the important stuff.

Everyone here is family and I just want to say that I love you all.

Have a wonderfull Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

This is the biggest ASS kissing topic i have ever seen in my life

only kidding (please dont take that comment seriously as its a joke)

housegroove23 got to agree with you
been for a while and i cant seem to leave

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have in the past been belligerint, testy, and hard to get along with. My apologies right now to anyone I offended. The future is just that. Perhaps it can be a better one for us all. Group......ok, no hug, but mutual affection.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think i spend more time on ATS than i do working so, in the spirit of giving and sharing, i think the 3 Amigos should give me my annual bonus this year

Jokes. I joined just over a year ago and firefox is ALWAYS open with 4 pages, mainly, GMAIL, ATS recent, BTS Recent and MYATS. When i start up in the mornings i just refresh the pages.

From me to ALL, best of the season's wishes to all and to all my friends even if i haven't made you a friend you know you are!! To the 3 Amigos, thanks for always keeping it real and being so involved in the site AND the topics that are posted. It is refreshing to have owners and moderators with such a strong involvement in the community and not just policing but being the REAL people they are!!

Now with out further adieu i shall sing a song:

To all the mods we've loved before,
who gave me praise and upped my score
i'm glad they came along,
with or without a thong,
to all the mods we've loved before,

The 3 Amigos opened this door,
i spend my time here more and more,
I don't know what to say,
should i work or should i play,
I'll decide that in an hour or 2.

(Chorus)
The threads that change continue calling,
I'll think of something more to say,
I press reply and then start typing,
I feel my patience start to fray

To all the mods We've loved before,
who sometimes fool and keep their cool,
At times i laugh so hard,
sometimes i'm caught of guard,
These are the mods we've loved before

Sometimes i wish i was a mod,
but then i know they work so hard,
I bow down with respect,
they keep us all in check,
these are the mods we've loved beforeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[edit on 22/11/2007 by shearder]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Sheesh, this thread has more butt-kissing than the "butt kissers unite!" thread.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't see how it's butt kissing. It would be butt kissing if we were looking for something in return for the act of "butt kissing."

If I'm not mistaken, BB&Q forum doesn't give points for posts. That's why I put it here. So I'm not sure how anyone is benefiting anything other than showing appreciation for all the work that was put in to this site so we could be here and discuss important topics.

[edit on 11/23/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Sheesh, this thread has more butt-kissing than the "butt kissers unite!" thread.

It appears that you wouldn't know butt kissing if it jumped up and bit you in the ... There's nothing wrong with appreciating a place and the people that created it and run it.

I really like my old pickup truck. I trust it to be there for me. I appreciate how it always starts and makes it through the snow. I'm thankful it's fairly easy on gas.

Saying so doesn't mean I stick my lips to the tailpipe on a regular basis.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Hey, I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. It's cool if you like doing that kind of stuff.

edit: same applies for the dude above me.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Hey, I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. It's cool if you like doing that kind of stuff.

edit: same applies for the dude above me.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by thehumbleone]

I do like telling people when they're doing a good job. I believe in positive reinforcement. I also like telling people when they are wrong, in an effort to open their minds to a possibly different viewpoint.

It is a sad comment on todays world that it is considered weakness or odd behavior to be nice. Our culture has fell so far that people give you a strange look when you tell a stranger "Thank you" for a minor kindness. As a culture we have been indoctrinated to think that strength is better than mutual goodwill.

I have no problem in using force when it's called for. I try the nice approach first, as age and slowly earned common sense has taught me this works just as well, and I don't waste as much time healing bruises.

Thanks for understanding that some of us actually practice trying to make the world a better place for having been in it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join