It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Phone Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I was trying to call a friend when I heard voices in the background of my phone. I think its just my crappy phone. Has anyone had this happen? I yelled into the phone, and they were like "shhh shhh did u hear that?"
Haha, its kind of entertaining. How do i fix this?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
is it a cordless phone sometimes due to the frequencies used on cordlesses can catch other phone conversations. That could be your problem

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I had that when I was living in a place. It's not actually the phone, but the phone wires outside your house. I think that if the insulation gets worn away, or something, you start hearing other people's conversations on that same telephone line.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I do not want to scare you. However the illuminatti have in fact been listening to your conversations. A technical glitch temporaily inactivated thier shield. I would pack up quick and move to the mountains with plenty of supllies. GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Do you live in New York City?

I go there often and everytime I pick up the phone and talk I always overhear other people's conversations.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
I was trying to call a friend when I heard voices in the background of my phone. I think its just my crappy phone. Has anyone had this happen? I yelled into the phone, and they were like "shhh shhh did u hear that?"
Haha, its kind of entertaining. How do i fix this?

It's normally referred to as bleed over. Happens when wires get corroded and then the "impedence" will actually "bleed over" to another pair of wires, and you can hear the voices of the other conversation.
Call your Telco, have them do a test to see if you have a short to ground. OR if you are using a cordless phone, change frequencies
The same thing can happen if you live next to a radio station tower , that broadcasts with a LOT of watts, you can pick up the phone and hear the music.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
junglejake is right, I work for a phone company and more than likely you're line is crossed to a working pair refer it out to the local telco.

Originally posted by junglejake
I had that when I was living in a place. It's not actually the phone, but the phone wires outside your house. I think that if the insulation gets worn away, or something, you start hearing other people's conversations on that same telephone line.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Thanx, Im gonna go call my phone co. now.
Dreamrebel, I hope you arent right. Those illuminati agents are going to be extremely bored, especially since Im having a "fascinating" phone call this evening with my grandmother for her birthday. That should be interesting. They'll get to learn about her scheme to smuggle a goldfish in her "no pets allowed" apartment!

new topics

top topics

join