It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does Aluminum Cut Steel?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonking
reply to post by jfj123

I'm getting the feeling that ultima1 is very young

yeah.....there is no way a military mind could be so completely disordered- in my opinion. He seems to derail topics in a number of groups. I guess the best way to handle it is keep the thread on topic and take his posts for what they are.
A lot of posters here have great ideas that should be seriously considered instead of being twisted or buried.
Not to single out people but I've noticed that both neformores and Discloseds posts although very logical and insightful, seem to get buried because of a few people who can't seem to post in a rational manor. I hate seeing great posts not getting the attention they should.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Disclosed

Based on the credentials he provided, wouldn't surprise me if he is just a security guard for the NSA.
Its true he works for the NSA.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disclosed
Personally, I'll wait to see what the mods have to say...

I would be glad to prove my education and experience to the Mods.

Just as i have proven to you, but you cannot figure it out.

quote]Originally posted by deltaboy
Based on the credentials he provided, wouldn't surprise me if he is just a security guard for the NSA

You are partially right. I was a federal police officer for 12 years with NSA.

I have posted documentation of this but it seems people are either too young or do not know enough to figure it out.

[edit on 29-11-2007 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by open mind

the plane in question cannot structurally stay together at 600 miles an hour at that close to sea level...see docs. on the planes from boeing...the drag is immense and that's why they have to climb thousands of feet before attempting to reach the type of speed mentioned...i know...science gets in the way all the time

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ULTIMA1

I have posted documentation of this but it seems people are either too young or do not know enough to figure it out.

Give me the link to that post ,I promise I'll figure it out !

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
reply to post by open mind

the plane in question cannot structurally stay together at 600 miles an hour at that close to sea level...see docs. on the planes from boeing...the drag is immense and that's why they have to climb thousands of feet before attempting to reach the type of speed mentioned...i know...science gets in the way all the time

Shall we assume you have documentation from Boeing that the plane would "not structurally stay together" at 600mph at sea level? I don't doubt that this type of flight may be considered unsafe, but the margins of safety are far below the speeds which would cause the aircraft to disintegrate.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Give me the link to that post ,I promise I'll figure it out !

Its not a link.

I have my transcpripts from the military and National Cryptologic School (NCS) at NSA, along with certificate from Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Jimmy,

As has been discussed before, the speeds we are talking about are not absolute. For one, the documents are giving guidelines. For two, it is not that the plane will immediately fall apart when the speed is reached at such and such elevation. It is that if the plane for speed/elevation for a period of time, structural damage may/will occur.

I know, actually understanding science and technical information gets in the way every time.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I would like to see fact and evidence that the planes impacts or fires (that were burning out) caused the molten steel in the basements and debris and kept the steel in the debris molten for several weeks.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I would like to see fact and evidence that the planes impacts or fires (that were burning out) caused the molten steel in the basements and debris and kept the steel in the debris molten for several weeks.

Perhaps I missed something....when did you provide proof that there was molten steel in the basements?

[edit on 29-11-2007 by nicepants]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I have my transcpripts from the military and National Cryptologic School (NCS) at NSA, along with certificate from Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.

Great! With credentials like this, you'll have no problem calculating the kinetic energy of the planes that hit the WTC towers and translating it into the equivalent amount of dynamite. I just did this exercise and it's most educational. Can you try to do that?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

yes I understand I was reffering to that
the links I found no longer work

I can also post my certificat from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center if you like.

Military transcript:
x11.putfile.com...

Cryptologic School transcrypt: 2 pages
x11.putfile.com...

x11.putfile.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicepants
Perhaps I missed something....when did you provide proof that there was molten steel in the basements?

There are several eyewitness accounts of molten steel in the basements, also photos and videos of molten steel in the debris.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

yes I understand I was reffering to that
the links I found no longer work

I will repost them to you.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

ULTIMA1,

could you please calculate the kinetic energy of those plane and figure out the TNT or other high explosive equivalent of that?

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
could you please calculate the kinetic energy of those plane and figure out the TNT or other high explosive equivalent of that?

No, my education, experience and mostly common sense tells me the planes impacts did not cause the collapse.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

No, my education, experience and mostly common sense tells me the planes impacts did not cause the collapse.

Wait a second... do you or do you not have the education to do the calculation that I suggested? If not, how can you make any determination on how large the damage likely was? If you can't do a trivial thing like that, then, let me guess, you don't know how steel behaves at high temperatures? Did you take any metallurgy classes? Does your experience include calculations in the field of damage mechanics? Didn't think so.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

you don't know how steel behaves at high temperatures? Did you take any metallurgy classes? Does your experience include calculations in the field of damage mechanics? Didn't think so.

Well i know how planes are built , what they are made of and what they can or cannot survive. If you know anything about jet fuel you would know how it burns and what its flash point is, and what it would do to steel.

What do you know about jet fuel?

But if the planes casued the collaspe you should be able to tell how the molten steel got in the basements and debris, and what kept the steel in the debris molten for several weeks.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicepants

There are several eyewitness accounts of molten steel in the basements, also photos and videos of molten steel in the debris.

Which of these eyewitnesses tested the material and determined that it was steel? (Or were they all qualified to determine the chemical makeup of a material solely based on visual identification?)

Please link to photos/videos which prove the existence of molten STEEL in the basements of the WTC, as you claim.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I've done this before in various 9/11 threads. Happy to repeat.

Kinetic energy of a 767

Ke = 1/2 Mass x velocity(2)

767 mass = 175,000 kg
767 cruise speed = 850 km/hr = 236 meters per second (m.p.s.)

Ke of a 175,000 kg 767 traveling at 236 mps in joules = 1/2 x 175,000 x (236x236)

= 1/2 x 175,000 x 55,696

= 1/2 x 9.7 x 10 ee 9

= 4.8 x 10 ee 9 joules (4,800,000,000.00)

The energy in 1 ton of TNT = 4 x 10 ee 9 joules (4,000,000,000.00)

2,400 lbs of TNT required to do the damage caused by a loaded 767 traeling at 500 mph.
(This excludes the potential energy contained within the fuel)

new topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join