It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MOD MTI Marker?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hi all.

I'm new here so forgive me if this thread is in the wrong section.

i just wanted to know if someone could help me identify what this site is. There is a government building high up on the cliffs of West Wales roughly half way between New Quay and Cwmtudu. Radio frequency hazard signs are on a small gate leading to the site which a promptly jumped over to take a few pictures.

I'm wondering if you could tell me what this site is used for?

Hazard sign.

Government sign.

Now unfortunatly for some reason i never thought to get a picture of the main brick building it's self but through the window all that was in there was a server of some kind.

Also, i didn't take of a picture of the main dish, just the information written on the back.

Just up the field a few yards there are also four or five trailers with floodlighting.

Any information on this site and it's uses?

If you want any more pictures ill gladly go and take some more but it won't be possible for another week.

Thanks.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by reptilian_]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hi, the MTI stands for Moving Target Indicator (radar) and is used to track projectiles from the Quinetic base at nearby Aberporth and was also used when pilotless drones were 'flown' from raf Llanbedr. Both raf Llanbedr and Aberporth can be clearly viewed on google earth and suchlike sites. Hope this usefull, if a little late for your original post.

join