It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: SimiusDei Rambles About Movies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
PODcast:

SimiusDei Rambles About Movies

**WARNING** EXPLICIT LANGUAGE!!!
This is just me doing a bit of rambling about movies. Also included are a few movie recommendations for you guys. Enjoy and leave feedback

length: 15:08
file: btstpod_2665.mp3
size: 14184k
feed: btst

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ummmm..... I'd like to thank my Big Bro Simi aka "Hector Morales" aka " ATS Legend" for sayin' my name once again....... I'm a big fan of Horror films as well
....... the darn Evil Dead movies make me laugh all the time.....I could watch those 3 movies all the time !!! Ummmm..... I'm also a big fan of Action Movies .... I used to like some of the old 90's flicks when all the big name "action stars" were doin' it big ....... I like "Demolition Man ", "Universal Soldier" , and all 'em other big time hollywood flicks ........ but none of 'em are as popular as the "BTS Megastar" aka Steven Morales !!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I have the same veiw on movies here.. The one thing I really cant stand is people who talk, and go about while the movie is playing

I enjoy many movies, and have a wide range of types that I like. Im not really one to judge on movies myself, I know what I like and what I get out of what I watch.

Thanks for the Demon movie.. And I have the Evil Dead Tri! Bruce Camble is the man! I enjoy Army of Darkness.
I like Matrix, Transformers, Lord of the Rings. Star Wars, Star Trek.

Night Gate? I will check that one out, have not heard about that yet.

The only thing I do pick part about movies are the hidden encypted meanings.. I understand about people that nitpick..
But movies to me, they all somehow get there meanings from old stories, and conspiracy theories..

Thanks for you're thoughts SimiusDei!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

No problem amigo.

By the way, it's "The Ninth Gate" and should should DEFINITELY watch it.

I can honestly say that there is NOTHING about that movie that is not good to me and that's damn rare haha.

Steve,

Thanks for the feedback bro. Did you notice I named the "album" for the podcast "The Morales Brothers Come to Town"? hahahaha

Take it easy fellas and thanx for the comments.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
Steve,

Thanks for the feedback bro. Did you notice I named the "album" for the podcast "The Morales Brothers Come to Town"? hahahaha

Jasn
OH !!!!!! I didn't even realize it
....... you've been doin' some pretty cool podcasts big brotha aka "Hector Morales" aka"ATS Legend" ........ the next one should be on the Avengers
!!!!!!! You've got my "permission" to do a BTS Avengers Podcast

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

Haha, I'll leave the Avengers podcasts to you hehe.

You know far more about them than I do.

I'm an ATS guy remember? hahah

Jasn

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Thanks for not takin' on the task Big Brotha !!!! I Thought you were a Legend.......... and a fellow Avenger on the low ...... guess I was wrong
. You could rant about the Avengers then
!!!! Aren't you our #1 villian ??
......... You could bring along ya "guy pal" the Silver Surfer
..... maybe he'd help ya out with some tech difficulties .....

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

Hahaha

While I am an honorary Avenger, I don't know the other members anywhere near as well as you do. I figured it was a task best left to a Megastar.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hi Simius!

Of all the podcasts you made so far, I finally got around to hearing THIS one. (I'm going to check out your others as the days go by)

First of all, I have to tell you, YOU have a nice soothing voice as well. I told another member/Mod that I enjoy a nice relaxing atmosphere. Also, where the heck are ya from? I'm detecting a bit of 'southern drawl'. NICE!!

Anyways, I enjoy all your posts over-all, and it was great to hear someone else chew out the 'know-it-all poop disturbers', that think they are the cat's meow at movie-reviewing.

The worst ones, I think, are those that don't know when to shut their traps, and insist on talking throughout the whole flic. Then to add insult to injury, should they have already seen the movie, they blurt out key parts. You'd think they'd get tired of all that popcorn hitting them on the back of their heads eh?

Anyhoo...

I used to love the horror films, but not so much today. Growing up, I couldn't get enough of them, but to date, it seems to me that it's the 'same ol' same ol' blood and gore. (Some cooking shows might very well get their next inspirations from these movies....chop'em, splice'em, dice'em....lololol). I'm a sick puppy.

I love movies too!!! - especially the Sci-Fi, Action, Suspense, Comedy, etc. For about 2 hours worth of viewing, I'm lost in yonkers. It's a stress relief. I tune out others (except for blabermouths...then I look around for the ducktape). Movies are a great mini vacation escape from my otherwise mundane life. lolol

~
Simius,

Keep up the great work with your posts and podcasts! I'm letting you know that I check up on them, and like watching how your mind works.

Perish the thought about boring the bejeebers out of me. I don't think you could.

Sincerely,

~Ducky~

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well, being a media communications major, I tend to notice some of the things about scenes and movies that most others don't.
However, I don't sit in a theater and talk about it to someone I am with.

By the way, I'm a big horror movie buff as well. Actually, that's almost all I watch.
Watch 1408 if you get a chance. It's freaky.

By the way, your comments about drama majors, I completely agree.

[edit on 21-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Speaker?

Is 1408, a.k.a. Room 1408...with John Cusak? Was looking at that one while I sauntered down the aisles of 'BlockBusters', the other night.

It seems like a suspense/horror type flick.

If you've seen it Speaker, out of a rating of 1 - 10, what do you give it?

~Ducky~

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Duckster, it has Samuel L. Jackson in it.. I would rate the movie at least a 7 or 8.. It's pretty good. Yes, it's a bout a Motel Room.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I completely concur with SoT's rating for 1408.

GREAT MOVIE! Just make sure you catch both endings.

Duck,

You need to watch "The Ninth Gate" if you like suspense. It is a Polanski movie and has all the suspense/story you could want.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

"The Ninth Gate".

Wasn't the star: Johnny Depp?

If it's the same flik...I saw that one. Ohhhhhhh yeahhhhhh...got my neurons firing.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Indeed!

Great freakin movie!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hey buddy...just listened to this..
Wow dude seriously sexy southern accent you got there..

Thanks for the shout out my friend.. you are sweet.
Amazingly..that Johnny Depp movie was on TV 2 nights ago.I was flicking through channels and I caught the last half of it.It was awesome.
Keep up the podcasting...and the kick ass threads..
You are Legendary, a superstar..in your own right.
Later days my friend..
Chica

top topics

join