It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money = Evil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Money in itsself is, like a previous poster said, just a means to an end. It has evolved from a "good idea" for convenience's sake into an abberation that has spread like a plague or a cancer and has infected everyone. Being in the US and pretty much anywhere else in the world, you have no control over the disease. You are infected by your parents by it from conception, and it dominates you more and more as your life progresses. Money is a disease spread by the evil, in the form of a comfortable blanket. It was the ultimate trojan horse.

Really, if you wanna delve even deeper, convenience is the ultimate trojan horse. Convenience is the relinquishing of responsibility in exchange for comfort, and "responsibility" has been completely misunderstood by modern society.

Responsibility is something you do out of love, not because you're forced to do it because "that's just what people do". There would be a lot less lazy people in the world if humans had REAL responsibility, but we're no longer taught to be responsible for our community. We're taught to be responsible solely to ourselves and our families, and in order to "do the right thing", we must submit to the system, or else we're a bad person who hates himself, his family, AND his community.

It's funny how the powers that be can preach about loyalty and humanity and all of this beautiful language, but at the same time, they can preach utter greed and selfishness...

And the ultimate tool to make the entire country and it's citizens into the ULTIMATE hypocrites?

The Almighty Dollar. This is your new false idol.

I view those who support money the same as those who blindly support their religions... or even those who say "Oh not all Christians are bad people."
This is certainly true, same with the obvious fact that not all people who use money are bad people...

But the continued mindless "survival mode" support of a system of control, whether it be money, religion, mainstream science, or otherwise will always leave plenty of room for fanaticism, and at a higher level, those eliteist bastards that use these fanatics of said means of control as their pawns.

If this materialistic society is all you can fathom of existence, then you will forever be trapped in the vicious cycle.

The ultimate modus operandi for most people to fall into any means of control is a fear of death.

So, these systems of control are provided as a "trojan horse" to those as a way to comfort them and distract them from thinking too much about the purpose of their own existence in an effort to overcome the greatest fear, which is the end of the known existence. Religions offer beliefs, not knowledge.... same with sciences and politics and economics.

Belief is a convenience that replaces the search for knowledge.

So, in essence, money is a belief system, a convenience.

And convenience, in my opinion, is the suicide of thought.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I think the idea of money being evil originated from the belief that when you die, you go to another world. Spiritual people then tend to prepare themselves for the afterlife by thinking about it. When you think about money, you are not thinking of the afterlife at all. You are thinking of the "present". So it seems money can supress people's spirituality.

[edit on 17/12/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Just watch the hilarious, yet poignient, movie, Idiocracy. It may be a ludicrously entertaining exaggeration of the point I tried to make... but in a sense, you can already see what I talk about here happening all around you.

People don't think about why they are here and spend their lives in search of greater meaning as much anymore. They get forced into belief systems that they at heart would never believe, if given the choice.

This is the cause of all of the world's problems today.

This causes fear, which causes misery, which causes self hatred, which in turn causes outward hatred in the form of cynicism, discrimination, violence, war, loyalty to nations, creeds, figureheads....divide and you shall conquor. The only way to divide is by fear.... fear of the lack of abundance. If you can put a pricetag on anything and you can control the price of anything, you can control the abundance or lack of... which means you can control all the fear and the hate in the entire world.

It may seem like a lot of people are just out to screw you over, but I (and believe me, maybe I am the last person who should have such empathy) firmly believe that at it's very heart, humanity is a loving caring peaceful species... but we fear too many imaginary boogeymen because of our fear of death caused by a lack of abundance, and that's why we do what we do.

The question is, where did the extreme eliteism come from that thought of all these ingenious control mechanisms to drive humkanity so insanely bi-polar and skitzoid? It does not seem wholly natural to Earth as a self sustaining system.

We are dealing with a dark and shadowy mystery here, to which money is only a means to an end, and "corrupt people" are the scapegoats, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
I think the idea of money being evil originated from the belief that when you die, you go to another world. Spiritual people then to prepare themselves for the afterlife by thinking about it. When you think about money, you are not thinking of the afterlife at all. You are thinking of the "present". So it seems money can supress people's spirituality.

Exactly... and at the same time, you have the media brainwashing people into A) equating spirituality with religion, B) believing that spirituality is something separate from man and nature, and/or C) denouncing spirituality as new age hippie fantasy junk...

So you have a society filled with people who have utterly shattered minds, traumatized by confusion as to what is real and what is fake.... and so most people just give up thinking because it's an intentional information overload. It is very traumatizing in a most sinisterly subtle way. It makes me wonder about adolescence and mid life crisises... are these natural hormonal imbalances which cause our seeming "natural" mental breakdowns, or is it this intentionally confusing and traumatizing society getting to be too much? Where, for a couple of years, we try our best to rebel...almost always to no avail because we haven't been given the chance to find who we truly are.

Shattered minds are the easiest to mold, remember. Money breaks people's will. It is the invisible giant slave driver.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join