It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Money = Evil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Money IS the root of all evil, not just the love for it. For money to exist, that money would need to be backed in gold... Who the *SNIP* has all the gold? The U.S. Government? Just the fact that they create something, that we exchange for everything, just puts on a hardcore leash right there. You can't even deal with any other goods than money, and you're getting taxed like 7 percent of that back to the government. They created the *SNIP*, shouldn't they already have the money? They want it back! So what? We don't even own the *SNIP*? What the *SNIP* man. Sounds like we're all getting the *SNIP* end of the deal. Not to mention the fact they pretty much own all the fast food resturaunts by now, and everything else too, or they might as well with the money they make with all of them running with taxes. Insane, they own everything. Bastards!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Excellent, well thought out post. I do wonder though, how did the fast food restaurants fit in again?

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
ok........ unfortunatly money cannot be removed from the world or would you be willing to work in exchange for food insead of money? but then how would you get other things? everyone would have to agree which just dosent happen.

The problem is the vast gap in wages and the amount of profit being made, once that is sorted the problem will solve its self, unfortunatly this will never happen, if someone works hard they should be paid for it, unfortunatly a lot of the time it seems the less you do the more money you get, (I have a lot of respect for the self made who have worked up from the bottom) but when i hear of execs getting another £100k a year for doing no extra work while people at the bottom are being laid off.... this annoys me a lot!!

thats my take on it any way!

Cheers
Dazzler

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Money makes the world go round.

And makes to invent things.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If money is the root of all evil then tobacco, alcohol, guns, cars, drugs, and knives kill people. Wrooooong, do not pass go and do not collect $200.00.

Greedy people are the root of evil. The misuse of tobacco, alcohol , guns, cars, drugs and knives kill people.

I happen to really like what money can do for me and others. On the federal level it keeps those Interstates driveable so I can speed to my destination. Ever looked at a federal budget? Try it.

I have worked very hard all my life to make money. That money has bought me much happiness. I know the old saying, "Money Can't Buy Happiness". I can ride my Harley, drive my fasssssssst truck, or take my boat looking for happiness. It's a most enjoyable trip I assure you.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dazzler22
ok........ unfortunatly money cannot be removed from the world or would you be willing to work in exchange for food insead of money? but then how would you get other things? everyone would have to agree which just dosent happen.

You're assuming private property here. If everyone owned everything, and necessities where distributed according to need, there might be some barter; but there wouldn't be a need for money.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
It makes people do evil things....

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
$ is just coloured paper/plastic that has been blessed by the high priests in the treasury dept....it is just a means of 'exchance' for goods & services...what ur talking about here is 'people'.....& what cowards they can be....'Greed' is nothing more than ' FEAR'.....Fear of Scarcity....fear of scarcity creates greed, creates poverty....so what u got on the planet today is a very few with all the wealth....a few haves & a hellofa lot of havenots....however, $ has also become like a powerful 'DRUG'....& if people don't get their $ 'FIX'....they can freak out & rob & murder just like an opiate junky...$ has replaced 'Tribal Bonds'...our tribal security in the clan....that 'REAL' tribal security of the extended family group...but that is all about to change as $ becomes more & more worthless & less existant for MOST....humans will again realise that u can't eat $...& that real security is with eachother...helping & co-ops together...if only born out of poverty...out of neccessity people will again form tribal groups in order to survive....trade & barter is alive & well & goes way back...ofcourse this will undermine the $ lords....who are basically 'control & power freaks'....which will be a good thing.................GB

[edit on 21-11-2007 by dave7]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If money=evil, then I'll probably always be the most honest man in the world.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
...................(So u say u have been humbled in love, cut down in ur love, forced to kneel in the mud.....ar but why turn from the one who kneels there as deeply as thee.)

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I have never understood why the government needs to tax us too. I just don't see why they do not print up enough to cover their yearly budget and leave us out of it except for congress voting on what to spend it on.

Anyway, it isn't money - the root of all evil, it is the love of money is the root of all evil, or at least that is how it is meant to be worded in certain religious texts.

I know why, but idealistically the best currency we could have would be one based solely on time itself and not a fluctuating representation of it. All capital would be based on the time of any and all human labor. Of course the rich could not extract as much from the poor and Britney Spears could not demand millions of dollars a month, but those truly talented and motivated for the right reasons could prevail in a society based on time-currency.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I have a problem with mis-managed money and greed, but money itself is merely an abstraction. It is neutral, much like a stone on the ground. If one took the stone to throw at someones head and kill them, it would be an act of evil, but if one would take that stone and built an orphanage with it, it would be an act of good.

How could something with no conscience, or motive be evil?
Money is a tool used by an economy to streamline the exchange rate for goods and services, but on the downside it can be used to influence and/or coerce people.

EDIT:
Addition...

to say that money is evil has the same logic as saying fire is evil because fire is used to burn people.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
I have a problem with mis-managed money and greed, but money itself is merely an abstraction. It is neutral, much like a stone on the ground. If one took the stone to throw at someones head and kill them, it would be an act of evil, but if one would take that stone and built an orphanage with it, it would be an act of good.

I'd encourage you to read Capital vol. 1, money represents labor. It represents some one's hard work. When it comes to complicated financial transactions, it's more of an abstraction. Just think about it, what is a paycheck, what is a commodity? These things are really labor at their root, and money is a physical representation of labor as well.

How could something with no conscience, or motive be evil?
Money is a tool used by an economy to streamline the exchange rate for goods and services, but on the downside it can be used to influence and/or coerce people.

EDIT:
Addition...

to say that money is evil has the same logic as saying fire is evil because fire is used to burn people.

It's evil in the sense, it's human nature to horde it... We humans in a society with private property seek to accumulate, it's our competitiveness that comes out... Also scarcity, contributes to the drive to horde money and commodities...

[edit on 26-11-2007 by Raoul Duke]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The "Money is the root of all evil" is a misleading quote. It is actually "The love of money is the root of all evil".

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Yes, vey true, second that... ( "For the love of money is the root of all evil..." 1 Timothy 6:10 * * *)......the prob. is the people are being shafted by the money lords(bankers) & their agents(politicians)...USURY (Interest) is the EVIL system in place....(Exodus 22:25-Leviticus25:36-37-Deuteronomy23:20)...Father told our ancestors way back then it was no good....it is interesting how as soon as any politican mentions Interest Free $...they get shot. (Lincon & Kennedy)....The Money Lords are running the show & robbing the world blind...... afgen.com... GB

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel 1
It makes people do evil things....

Excellent thought.

That makes money especially evil.

- Money is the fundamentum of all materialism, which is EVIL.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Money can't make u do anything, the love or need of it can though...$ itself is not evil...the 'interest' system is & the way humans use $ can be...but that is not $ itself...it is Humans USE of it that can be evil...the choices humans make can be evil...listening to the evil one, the great liar Lucifer...the 'SELF' lie...$ is just a tool used by 'lost' humans...it is the 'lostness' that is the prob...............GB

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ieatfungus5
Money IS the root of all evil, not just the love for it. For money to exist, that money would need to be backed in gold...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

Actually the US currency is not backed by gold and hasnt been since the reserve was created. The dollar value is based on confidence that people have in the good ole US of A But yes I think money is one of the roots of all evil. The other 2 are religion and borders. Get rid of all 3 there wouldnt be anymore wars.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Money is not evil when in the ‘right’ hands. There is nothing wrong with the abundance of wealth either. There are selfless people who have the means to give up the motivation of greediness and thereby help those persons in the most need from failure or difficulties.

Since going back to the gold standard or barter system does not seem feasible, the current monetary mechanism has been installed by which to allow the profit seeking businesses to hold the government at their every whim and thereby pass the buck on us hard working folks through taxation and long hours with less pay, for examples.

With or without money, happiness has been elusive for me knowing there are those who would continue to create distinction between the rich and poor classes. As a result, the planet and its resources have been compromised to keep the flow of raw materials into the labor forces that allows workers to earn some money in order to buy commodities for basic living: food, clothing and shelter.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I think power is evil. Money is a means of getting there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join