It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why does america the most open society in the world never get the benifit of the doubt?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowEyes

YOU WOULD NEVER HAVE SAID WHAT YOU JUST SAID IN CHINA, RUSSIA, SYRIA, CUBA, VENESUELA, VIETNAM, N. KOREA, YOU SIR WOULD HAVE BEEN TRUELY TORURED AND YOUR ORGANS HARVEST PAL! YOU SHOULD VALUE WHAT YOU HAVE.

-------------------------------------------------
Please read The Use of ALL CAPs All Members Please Read

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockets red glare
YOU SIR WOULD HAVE BEEN TRUELY TORURED AND YOUR ORGANS HARVEST PAL! YOU SHOULD VALUE WHAT YOU HAVE.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rockets red glare

What about the other 190 odd countries you didn't list? Or are just happy to be better than the worst of them?

www.nationsonline.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

I wish I could give you more than one star for that.

It's just brilliant.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

The USA is NOT the most open society in the world, who is? I don´t know but certainly not the US

It is not the American people that gets kicked in the teeth, its the american president who stolen an election and rules like a king, a mad king, an emperor, a Nero. and thwe world knows it and doesn´t like it. And most americans have this feeling too.

When the US have another president we will see the country reborn from ashes like it happened after the first bush mandate.

I hope you american have learned the pseudo christian story tale presidential crap and choose someone decent next time because if you don´t and let yourself go in the maketing crap again them I suppose the worl will loose patience with you... just a tought...

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
America, the beautiful, yes beautiful! Why we dont get the benefit of the doubt. Well let me see... we are known to be this country that seems to help others out in time of need, but when we need help and have our own problems everyone is ready to say America is evil, falling apart, I hate America.... this is crazy, what have we done wrong?

Let me tell, we went to war with a country that over 10 years ago was trying to destroy its neighbors... we decided as a country(congress/senate) that we had enough, it was time to take Saddam down.. and we did.. maybe we didnt go about it the right way but it happened.

Now lets see, france/vietnam blame? no
Russia/afghanistan blame? no
Isreal/Palestine blame yes and no

Do you see the point, because we are America the beautiful, we cannot do something like this. We are supposed to help others not others help us. In the last 100 years has America ever gone to war for itself except Iraq, NO!

WW1... help europe out!
WW2... sit back then get attacked and help europe out again!
Korean war.... United nations first war! not USA's war!
vietnam... France needs help can you finish what we started!
Panama... some crazy guy has to go!

do you see, do you get the point!

go ahaed and pull and twist everything I said but you know that everything I said is the basic truth!

So blame America for protecting itself in afghanistan, and blame America for having enough of the criminal games saddam was playing.

But I tell you I am 100% american, born and raised and will die here. And I might not like my government all the time, but damn if i am going to lay down and start hating and blaming this country for the rest of the worlds problems and opinions! A strong country is not its government but its people!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

You will see, we will be here a for a long time, us Americans might be fat and lazy as people believe, but cmon and try to put us down!
We ar a superpower and will always be a superpower!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ncbrian211
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

You will see, we will be here a for a long time, us Americans might be fat and lazy as people believe, but cmon and try to put us down!

Crikey, reading posts like yours make me thankful I am not a superstitious U.S.A. citizen.

the U.S. has always looked after its own and those 'examples' you showed are just your interpretation. I believe differently.

America, ftl

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ncbrian211

Nah. You've been a superpower for just 62 years (since you fried all those poor Japanese, remember?) and I for one would say your chances of remaining one for the next 62 are less than even.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Good grief!

One of the advantages of being brought up in an ex-empire is that you get a bit of historical perspective. From this side of the Atlantic, I watch with amazement as the greatest technological power the world has ever known still fails to care for its disadvantaged and seems hell bent on destroying or p*ssing off the rest of the world.

People of America (well, some of you - apologies to the enlightened), stop listening to your government-controlled media! You didn't even vote for your own President. How can you maintain ideas of openness and democracy when that happens?

USA bashers aren't bashing Americans, they're bashing your lousy government and its undemocratic attitude.

It's pretty clear to us Europeans that our forebears perpetrated some nasty deeds in the name of Empire and blah. We're also blessed with a new-found habit of holding our elected representatives accountable for their actions. It's really a long way short of perfect but at least we're out of denial.

Didn't you laugh out loud when the US called for an investigation into vote rigging in the recent Russian election? What are the looking for? Tips?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

The colonial powers of europe Controling the entire western hemisphere.

Is there something wrong with Europe? You know that America is an offspring of England and many other European countries? Who knows, maybe you are a decendant from france, germany or even norway. You should probably be thank full to "us" to even be in this world

Read some history books ..

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
400 NATIONS of american indians from within the CLAIMED borders of the usa would disagree with the author of this thread. I think I have every reason to hate USA, as does every hater of genocide. The great colonizer USA is something that I hate. I'm probably the only person not ashamed to say screw patriotism. But really, how do you get passed the genocide to pretend like usa ever stood for anything good, when its origin is in the practice of exterminating indigenous people? we still exist you know. you haven't managed to murder us all yet, but every settler (you) in america directly benefits from the 500 year long gang bang of the americas that started in 1492. How dare you pretend like USA EVER stood for goodness, instead of death and genocide. what the hell is wrong with you? you smell apple pie, but i smell genocide.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Loki

Well said. Good posts.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rudigerfoodiger
400 NATIONS of american indians from within the CLAIMED borders of the usa would disagree with the author of this thread. I think I have every reason to hate USA, as does every hater of genocide. The great colonizer USA is something that I hate. I'm probably the only person not ashamed to say screw patriotism. But really, how do you get passed the genocide to pretend like usa ever stood for anything good, when its origin is in the practice of exterminating indigenous people? we still exist you know. you haven't managed to murder us all yet, but every settler (you) in america directly benefits from the 500 year long gang bang of the americas that started in 1492. How dare you pretend like USA EVER stood for goodness, instead of death and genocide. what the hell is wrong with you? you smell apple pie, but i smell genocide.

Well said....Fighting Terrorism Since 1492

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Nah. You've been a superpower for just 62 years (since you fried all those poor Japanese, remember?) and I for one would say your chances of remaining one for the next 62 are less than even.

Poor Japanese? You mean the ones that overran China, the Pacific, attacked Pearl Harbor, and had some interesting activities like the Bataan Death March and the Rape of Nanking?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Nothing wrong with having pride in your country. You often find when this is truly the case you also tend to have great respect for other countries and different cultures. Basically, you have nothing to prove.

However, the motives of any powerful nation that could affect society abroad, should be transparent to a great degree. Exactly in the same way that in any democracy, a powerful leader should be accountable to the people.

In any serious international issue, no member can have benefit of the doubt. There should be no 'doubt' to begin with if the society and authority that governs it is truly 'open' as you suggest.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Im going to answer your question very simply and bluntly so please try not to be offended. one of the big reasons people treat America that way is because your government has a tendency to say one thing and do another. they claim to be helping you while they are in reality stabbing you in the back. no surprise really considering satanists (the ones pulling the strings of the defeated Nazis in WW2) took a good degree of control of your government through infiltrating your intelligence agencies (primarily the CIA) and hiding behind national security whenever they were threatened. they must have laughed pretty hard after the American government invited all their smartest and most devious scientists to come and work over there and be in a position to destroy their enemy from within

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join