It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detailed Ufo case: Florence, Italy 1954

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by angelc01

You have an error on your link.

This one works.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks ArMap--mia culpa- This was because I was in a hurry and doing various tasks at the same time and your help is always appreciated.
You have to agree these case reports are most interesting because they are not blemished with modern fame, money seekers and over zealous
sceptics. They are more down to earth and true to their convictions.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Nice post OP, I share your views that some of the older cases are more interesting as they were less 'corrupted' by media and people's views. Plus the technology back then wasn't even capable of supersonic flight and jet planes were rare. Finally daylight sightings of solid metallic looking objects are a 100X times more credible than any random lights in the night-time sky!

[edit on 24-9-2008 by ManInAsia]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Great post and historical record.

Some UFO books just go into newspaper records.

Just the facts as it were.

So UFOs tend to fall apart due to electrostatic pressure.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
So they come from light years away , wasted energy resources that could drain a star just to watch stupid humans play football?

Yeah right...

Not light years away.
Not wasting free energy.
Not draining a star.
Not stupid if they wanted to watch... his bud was playing that day.

Not stupid that people know what a saucer is.
And have friends that will take one out and come by to watch a game.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by omnicron

So they come from light years away , wasted energy resources that could drain a star just to watch stupid humans play football?

If you were from another planet - here to observe - and you saw a football game?
Think of it from the eyes of an *Alien*.
Would be a pretty amazing thing to watch and ponder.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ImShrike

GREAT THREAD, yet another one from you that I have not heard of. Thanks for this one.
This is a bit older thread so maybe I can bump it up again.

S/F....

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

OK, for the benefit of newcomers (and forgetful oldtimers), I am bumping it, too.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A fascinating thread, definitely worth bumping again.

A mass sighting of UAPs that left behind a fibrous material identified by Professor Cozzi as a boron- and magnesium-rich glass is surely worth renewed scientific attention in the light of modern knowledge.

The only glass fibres in Earth's atmosphere that I am aware of are volcanic glasses, Pele's hair. They would certainly contain magnesium, and sometimes boron. Given the large number of active volcanoes in the Mediterranean, the possibility that this material was volcanic in origin should be investigated.

I think the chemical composition of the fibres rules out spiders' webs.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Found a good piece by Brian Boldman comparing the Firenze angel hair with other examples:

www.cufos.org...

Boldman points out three cases, including Firenze, in which the hair has been analysed and found to have similar compositions:

October 1953, Victoria, Australia
October 27, 1954, Florence, Italy
January 17, 1963, Entre Ríos province, Argentina

Scientists really ought to put their thinking caps on. Isotope studies would be a start. And the boron connection could be significant.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PersonFromPorlock
Yes, thousands [of] sports fans and no cameras: the year was 1954, so nothing out of the ordinary....

Granted, fewer people back then had cameras, and fewer still in Italy... but no cameras? There wasn't a single American tourist or rich Italian or news photographer in the crowd? That just beggars the imagination.

Allow me to help your imagination...

Ok, yes, there WAS one camera there. But if the one person with a camera:

-was in shock & awe
-had his film confiscated by authorities or stolen/damaged
-never released his photo for fear of ridicule or harassment
-ran out of film moments before
-forgot his film that day
-put his camera back in the car after he ran out of film
-left his camera at his seat and was en route from the restroom or food cart
-his camera broke earlier
-none of the pictures developed well, showing no visible UFO due to some malfuntion of the camera or light damage to the film
-he was so surprised to see a real live UFO, that he left the lens cap on
-he was so surprised to see a real live UFO, that he forgot to put in a new roll of film, and by the time he noticed, and found his film and replaced it, they were gone
-he was in the john at the time and barely got out in time to even see them at all or didn't see them at all
-he showed up late, and was in the parking lot waking toward the stadium and the angle was such that the stadium itself blocked the view of the UFOs and by the time HS got in there, they were gone. Everyone was all excited and had the strangest look on their face and he was all like "What? What happened?? Is there something on my face?"
-the guy with the camera was in a back room, snorting some blow, listening to Night Ranger. Motorin'!
-he was deeply religious and felt it was his duty to immediately pray, manmade cameras were the farthest thing from his mind at the moment
-he felt that his time would be more valuably spent watching and taking in this once-in-a-lifetime experience with his own eyes rather than through a camera, since he never knew when they might go away
-at that moment he could've cared less about stopping to take a picture just so that, 60 years later some jerk could try to point out how fake it looks and call him a liar and a hoaxer.

Ok, I just came up with those possibilities off the top of my head, so... I do not believe you when you say that it boggles your mind or whatever.

And I really don't get why people always assume that your first thought would be to take a picture as soon as something out of the ordinary happens. I would think that my first instinct would be to keep my eyes on it the entire time. Why do I need to worry so much about other people and whether or not they believe me? Screw them, I get to be there experiencing it, so I'm going to get as much out of it as I can, because that will be more valuable in the long run than some photo that's been hurriedly taken while in a state of shock n awe, so the lighting conditions, camera settings, among other things will probably not be perfect.

And a picture does not prove anything anyway... We've SEEN pictures. So its either you believe the person or not. The picture could be faked. No matter how real it looks, it could still be a cardboard cutout or paper meche, or whatever... Trust me, if he had gotten a photo, you would not be any more impressed. There are plenty of impressive photos already out there...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join