It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detailed Ufo case: Florence, Italy 1954

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So they come from light years away , wasted energy resources that could drain a star just to watch stupid humans play football?

Yeah right...

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
So they come from light years away , wasted energy resources that could drain a star just to watch stupid humans play football?

Yeah right...

No, they're just taking a spin around the block to see if they got the bugs worked out of the new Hyperdyne Fuel Injection System they just bought at Zorgon's World Discount Center. They accidentally passed a well lite area where a bunch of hairless apes were kicking the crap out of a helpless sphere for no reason, and they stopped to see if there was any intelligent life around.

They left, so I guess that answers their position on the matter.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
any more info or links on the 42 LA case punkinworks?

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this is the type of UFO sighting that apparently went out of fashion...

There are probably hundreds of sightings like this in every country, but somehow they get ignored in favour of bright lights that could be anything or the most extreme abductions.

This was the type of case that I thought best to study when the extinct Fair Skeptics were created.

Great post.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I thought I was going to get flamed. Yeah I was joking.

So any ideas of what those wool thingies are? My assumption it is some kind of a by product from travelling in our atmosphere, since a faster than light travelling spaceship that expels by products doesn't make any sense.

Or they were just screwing around with us. They've been doing that to us stupid humans since the beginning... "Lets see how these stupid humans figure this one out"

[edit on 20-11-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hmm... ten thousand sports fans and no cameras?

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PersonFromPorlock
Hmm... ten thousand sports fans and no cameras?

Yes, thousands sports fans and no cameras: the year was 1954, so nothing out of the ordinary:
i've seen a special in which a journalist explained that since they could not film the event, they made a fake ufo video
, which should be available somewhere on the web (i'll post it as (if) i'll find it).
Another journalist who was at the stadium, called the editorial office asking them to send someone with a camera.
He also reported that the football matches were covered by the radio.
Besides, there was only one TV channel in Italy at the time.
Even all the football players of both teams witnessed the event (two of them are the ones in the video posted by the OP

Maybe there's something in the Istituto Luce archives, or in private archives, but i have no clue.

[edit on 20/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This is maybe a bit off topic but it's very strange to me because a few days ago this particular case just got into my mind,
( i read about this case (first picture) way back in a UFO book once and have always been fascinated by this one ) and now it's here on ATS !!

Is this some sort of coincidence or what is this ??
Thanks

[edit on 20-11-2007 by Alundra]

[edit on 20-11-2007 by Alundra]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is the original video from the "cinemagazine" La Settimana Incom 1954.
In this video you can see Prof. Righini, Director of the Astronomical Observatory of Arcetri (FI) say their view about the event. He was skeptical about the UFO version of the "angel hair" and he said that, maybe, it was a natural phenomenon attributed to Ufo because the people in that period was obesessed from inexplicable sighting.

This is not my opinion because there's a lot of analysis of the cotton-like that said that it's surely artificial and also a lot of other "rain" of the same material here in Italy in the last 50 years. And that "rain" is always a consequence of an UFO sighting (more or less documented)

In the last part of the video you can see a spherical ufo, but it's surely a fake, as the cineopertator himself admit in an interview, because he couldn't record any real ufo in those day's and he need to add something to the cinemagazine (he used a little baloon).

[edit on 21-11-2007 by ImShrike]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I just would like to point out that R.A.I. , the national TV Channel in Italy, started to work as television (before it was a radio) on January 1954

[edit on 21/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
An incident happened in Tacoma Washington's Point Defiance park. There was a field with picnic tables and I happened to walking that day. It was early spring and Washington is known to get snowfall up into April. The sky was pretty cloudy and in the field what we all thought was snow fall was in fact a spidery like substance and it fell for about two minutes then stopped. It instantly disintegrated when picked up. It appeared to be like cotton candy and when the sun came out after 30 minutes all traces of it had gone.

I did not report it and do not know if anyone did as there were not many people out that day- but we all did speak about it for a half hour- it was weird and we thought because the air force base was so close by that it had something to do with them!

Great post! I had never heard this story before and now that strange day makes sense. Also Tacoma is a very industrial town and its also home to many glass artists and a huge glass factory and school (Dale Chihuly)- we all thought it might have had something to do with that as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yes, thousands [of] sports fans and no cameras: the year was 1954, so nothing out of the ordinary....

Granted, fewer people back then had cameras, and fewer still in Italy... but no cameras? There wasn't a single American tourist or rich Italian or news photographer in the crowd? That just beggars the imagination.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
reply to post by NGC2736

I thought I was going to get flamed. Yeah I was joking.

I wasn't flaming you. I try to never be guilty of that. I was just expanding the idea a little bit.

No flaming intended at all.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PersonFromPorlock
That just beggars the imagination.

As i said, maybe someone could have been able to take some photo which now could be in some private archive; i don't think so, but i can't rule out this option of course: in according with the reports, no photos have been taken that day at the stadium, that's all.

[edit on 22/11/2007 by internos]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is the exact description/translation (appeard in the newspaper at the time) of the mass-sighting at the Florence Stadium:

1954 FI 15 - 54-10-27 - Firenze - 15:27 - DD
While at the Municipal Stadium in Florence, in front of over 10,000 spectators, was playing the friendly match Fiorentina-Pistoiese, the attention of fans was suddenly drawn from two tiny objects flying unusually luster and very fast, they were crossing, high in sky, all the stadium (which focused in its length from north to south).

At that point the match was suspended because the referee and players began to observe the phenomenon. The two objects were smooth and shiny, a silver gray; were formed by a circular outer corona, which ran quickly around its axis, and the part in the middle was colored more clear. At some point, the first object stops, while continuing the motion, while the other continues the way diminishing the distance that separates them and suddenly stop then turn on the vertical tower Stadium. The first object then start to move, in a zigzag mouvement, reaching the companion.

After a short pause, both cross slowly the entire sky of the Stadium, then they accelerate heading towards Fiesole (north); then after a quicky U-turn they travel across the stadium throughout its length and this time heading south with high speed. After that event, which lasted more than 5 minutes, the match was resumed.

Source:
[®La Nazione, ®Il Resto del Carlino, ®Il Messaggero e ®La Stampa del 28-10-1954; ®La Nazione e ®Il Messaggero del 29-10-1954; ®Il Messaggero del 30-10-1954; ®Il Giornale dei Misteri; AA. VV., UFO in Italia - vol. II - L'ondata 1954, Tedeschi 1980, p. 228]

isole.ecn.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiRRoR_MuSiC
any more info or links on the 42 LA case punkinworks?

MiRRoR_MuSIC you can find a great deal of information on that case linked in my signature.

A star and flag to the OP on a wonderful post with great research. I'll be keeping this case handy in my files for the next time a skeptic demands evidence of physical trace evidence from a UFO

-WFA

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

I am pretty sure that it was colonization, perhaps more along the way a cold virus triggers a sneeze to propel its germ troopers to a uninfected person. There is an intelligent pattern here for those who care enough to look. Military precision is probably more accurate.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Would you mind explaining what enhancements you applied to Internos' original images?

Also, what in these enhancements causes you to think this might be a weapon?

Thanks, I just don't quite understand your conclusion, and I'd like to.

-WFA

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Sorry didn't mean to be cryptic. The story is very similar to the biblical story of the children of Israel being fed "manna from heaven" which also disappeared after a short time. My belief is that anytime time a superior intellect does something for a less advanced race, there is a hidden agenda. In the biblical case the manna was the medium used to invest the "chosen" with alien colonists. This leads me to believe that to understand the motives, one must examine both the similarities and the differences. In 1954, the goal was not to ingest the "strings", they were spread without instructions and disappeared into the Earth and/or atmosphere. The enhancements i used are light and color to highlight what was hidden in thoses strings via a highlighter with the aperture set between .25 and .33 and very light gray. fxfoto has a free edition on line and it is what i use. You might want to take a close look at my avatar, it is a photo of me in my room surrounded by nearly transparent beings. It is not important that you believe, but you did come here looking for something and this is my show and tell.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ImShrike

Great post ImShrike star & flag>> It's these old well documented case's that give us a better perspective of what's gonig on in the present even if silly minds say otherwise with their crude postulations that sometimes do not make any sense. These reports are not clouded with technobabble and people looking for some kind monetary reimbursments of any kind or fame because of what they say they saw. In those times even scientist were baffled and all they could come up with theories that only served to confuse people and the situation even more, especially if the government was involed in it's many security facets[hmm even in those times].

I found this images circa that time from Italy
13/07 1952 [not 1954 but close]

[img]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join