It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 yrs. in prison for 'Bush' Comment!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2002 @ 01:17 PM
link   
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota (AP) -- A man who made a remark about a "burning Bush" during the president's March 2001 trip to Sioux Falls was sentenced Friday to 37 months in prison.

Richard Humphreys of Portland, Oregon was convicted in September of threatening to kill or harm the president and said he plans to appeal. He has said the comment was a prophecy protected under his right to free speech.

Humphreys said he got into a barroom discussion in nearby Watertown with a truck driver. A bartender who overheard the conversation realized the president was to visit Sioux Falls the next day and told police Humphreys talked about a "burning Bush" and the possibility of someone pouring a flammable liquid on Bush and lighting it.

"I said God might speak to the world through a burning Bush," Humphreys testified during his trial. "I had said that before and I thought it was funny."

What was that Roman punishment for speaking ill of Ceasar again?

posted on Dec, 9 2002 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is getting way out of had. Time for.............

posted on Dec, 9 2002 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You know BT, I'm beginning to think that we're the only leftwingers on this board anymore. Whats happened to our country? Very, very sad.

The whole lot of them are a bunch of button down bible-thumping libertarians!!

So, lets see, what hath the Bushboy wrath:

free speech - gone
jobs - gone
economy - down & almost gone
choice - gone
freedom -going fast
middle class - fading fast

So, the only thing that seems to be on the up in the new regime is the $$$$$$'s in the Bush & friends bank accounts and the number of out of work and homeless folks here in America.

The only promise that Bushboy has kept is creating more jobs... for people in Malaysia, Singapore, Korea, China and India.

Burning is not the answer but a bullet between his close set eyes would be quite efficient & cost effective!!!
Hey, I'm getting the hang of this republican business guy stuff!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2002 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Isnt there something the guy can do for the police going aganist the consatution. I think we should start a petition at www.petitiononline.com to get this guy free and have further injustices for speaking freely be prevented.

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by USMC Harrier
You know BT, I'm beginning to think that we're the only leftwingers on this board anymore. Whats happened to our country? Very, very sad.

The whole lot of them are a bunch of button down bible-thumping libertarians!!

So, lets see, what hath the Bushboy wrath:

free speech - gone
jobs - gone
economy - down & almost gone
choice - gone
freedom -going fast
middle class - fading fast

So, the only thing that seems to be on the up in the new regime is the $$$$$$'s in the Bush & friends bank accounts and the number of out of work and homeless folks here in America.

The only promise that Bushboy has kept is creating more jobs... for people in Malaysia, Singapore, Korea, China and India.

Burning is not the answer but a bullet between his close set eyes would be quite efficient & cost effective!!!
Hey, I'm getting the hang of this republican business guy stuff!!!

Yes and with Clinton in power things would have been sooooooooooooooo much better.LOL.

I can just see it now, Clinton would probably still be negotiating with the Taliban.

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This one is utterly baffling! The entire saga of Richard Humphreys, Portland's Prophet of Israel, is close to the limits of credibility.
I'm not quite sure why it's taken the better part of two years to sentence him, incidentally, or why the tale of someone who appears to be a rather obscure self-publicist/lunatic has been made media-fodder just now.
Apparently, he got 37 months plus a further 3 years supervised & medicated probation!
Not only was he "fingered" by someone who heard him - he was apparently also making strange threats in a chat room ( let that be a warning ATS-ites!).
This is either the edge of idiocy, or Thoughtcrime has arrived.

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The mention of the chat room reminded me of a few months back when we had a 24-carat, full service-history, never-needs-ironing, fruitloop in our chat room who called himself GWB - it's a good job it was then and not now, or he'd probably be defending his virtue in a Sioux Falls prison, even as Estragon types.

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Yes and with Clinton in power things would have been sooooooooooooooo much better.LOL.

Where does he say he wants Clinton in power?

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So Clinton would not be in the WH even if we wanted him there.

I would in fact like to have the man there who actually won the election rather than the idiot whose daddy bought it for him.

...but thats another rant all together now isn't it!!

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by USMC Harrier
So Clinton would not be in the WH even if we wanted him there.

I would in fact like to have the man there who actually won the election rather than the idiot whose daddy bought it for him.

...but thats another rant all together now isn't it!!

[size=10]

join