It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedes fight for topless rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Swedes fight for topless rights

www.metro.co.uk

Swedish women have launched a campaign called Just Breasts which fights for their right to go topless on beaches and in swimming pools.

Scandinavian feminists were outraged when two women were asked to cover up their breasts by a lifeguard at a public pool near Stockholm.

One of the pair (sorry), 22-year-old Ragnhild Karlsson, said: 'If women are forced to wear a top, shouldn't men also have to?'
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I fully support them! That is, their cause, of course

www.metro.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I feel the need to go and help out those poor women! Beach lets go, their are ...things.. at stake here! A star and a flag for my good sir!

[edit on 20-11-2007 by tetsujin420]

apc

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Breast power! Breast power! Breast power!

You gotta fight... for your right... to baaaaare all!

I think they're fighting an uphill battle. They argue female breasts should be desexualized. But the sexual attraction to breasts is instinctual, not societal. To pursue such a goal would be like any other whack-brained leftist agenda that completely defies human nature and ultimately fails miserably.

My motives are far simpler: I support freedom. Let them be free!

[edit on 20-11-2007 by apc]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
And THIS is Breaking News material? How?? Let me check the link first.

Go Swedes.... Go Swedes.... Go Swedes.....

[edit on Tue, 20 Nov 07 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I must, I must, I must support your bust!

Personally I'm glad boobies are covered up most of the time, if they were all out all the time, I'd be wondering around in a semi daze with a chubby.

MonKey

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I support them....wait,,,no I don't.....uhhhhhh....I'm sooo confused. Do they want to be supported or not !!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This almost seems kind of silly, here in Ontario women have legally been able to go topless for years. I believe there is a law against driving without a shirt, but if they want to walk down the street, go to the park, or mow their lawn, they are free to do it without a top.

Where I live we have a large common deck for all the tenants and it's not uncommon for one of the women to sunbath or garden without a top, and nobody even bats an eye.

There's a couple men around here that I wish would put their shirts back on.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Breast power! Breast power! Breast power!

You gotta fight... for your right... to baaaaare all!

I think they're fighting an uphill battle. They argue female breasts should be desexualized. But the sexual attraction to breasts is instinctual, not societal. To pursue such a goal would be like any other whack-brained leftist agenda that completely defies human nature and ultimately fails miserably.

My motives are far simpler: I support freedom. Let them be free!

[edit on 20-11-2007 by apc]

I wouldnt consider it an uphill battle, since there never was a law against it............They're fighting the pussification of the nation.........Sweden like many other countries are becoming Americanized......thus, of course makeing breasts dangerous and illegal.

apc

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You're right about that one... here in America breasts are pretty dangerous.

Half of them could explode at any moment!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
You're right about that one... here in America breasts are pretty dangerous.

Half of them could explode at any moment!

Bwahahahahha True that.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Dammit, why must we always oppress our women?

I feel like I should go to Sweden to help them fight for this important cause. This is more important than the first time a woman was allowed to vote!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Dammit, why must we always oppress our women?

I feel like I should go to Sweden to help them fight for this important cause. This is more important than the first time a woman was allowed to vote!

I know you're saying that tongue in cheek....But think a little deeper, and what you're saying is true...........Otherwise we treat them as second class citizens....

What would you say, if a cop arrested you, lets say during a tailgate party for having your shirt off.......You would SUE SUE SUE.........and we would never hear the end of it.

I hope you read i that way too.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I dont mean to sound...well whatever...but if women were allowed to sxpose themselves anytime we would just become numb to it, and the "magic" would be lost

haha

Sounds stupid and funny, but thats what would happen.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy123

Yeah, because you know, women never EVER drool over a naked six pack because men go topless all the time. [sarcasm]

You can desexualize breasts to an extent. You can make it seem normal to expose breasts and possibly make it so that it's not such a big deal to expose a breast, but I don't think that would make men (or anyone) be not attracted to breasts anymore.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I love titties.

RELEASE THE TWINS! /chantx500

apc

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy123

Nah we wouldn't become numb to them. In the past when Man lived in tribes in warm climates, women wouldn't cover their breasts. We still have found drawings of fertility goddesses with huge racks. People may become used to having them bouncing in their faces all the time, but it is a biological impossibility to suck away their milky magic.

new topics

top topics

join