It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Homeland Security Advisor Resigns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Bush Homeland Security Advisor Resigns

hosted.ap.org

In an interview, Townsend said she hates to leave when figures like Osama bin Laden and Al-Qaida's No. 2 leader, Ayman al-Zawahri, remain at large. "Do I wish that I was going to be standing here when they are captured or killed? Absolutely. But I have no doubt that we will ultimately be successful," she said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If she really wishes that she could be there when they are captured or killed, why is she stepping down? He only has what, 14 months left? I don't understand why all of his advisors can justify jumping ship early and not riding it out.

Also from the article, "Her departure continues an exodus of key Bush aides and confidants, with his two-term presidency in the final 14 months. Top aide Karl Rove, along with press secretary Tony Snow, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and senior presidential adviser Dan Bartlett, have already left."

Something just seems fishy about all of his trusted advisors leaving early.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I think it's a case of what I'd like to call "getting out of dodge". They all know that he's becoming more unpopular by the day, and they want no more to do with someone that brings so much heartache to so many people.

TheBorg

new topics

join