It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's "Saving Grace"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet
I hear all the time people say Bush is a religious zealot, and I aways think, "oh, what's your evidence?"

Okay, well whats your evidence that he isnt? I know it sounds like a childish retort but it isnt. I want your proof just as bad as you want mine.

If he was religious wouldn't you expect him to be a regular church goer?

Are you sure he doesnt? Ill search for info on Curious' church going habits.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Organizations:
Tarrytown Methodist Church, Austin
Highland Park United Methodist Church, Dallas
First United Methodist Church, Midland

Heres a link: www.vote-smart.org...

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You get that, Condorcet?

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by Tetsuo-51]

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
Thanks for the reply. Of course LaHaye is mad. But the scary thing is that Bush actually listens to him.

As do I. He may not always be right, but he has some fantastic interpretations of the Bible, with tons of scriptural evidence supporting his claims.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Really? Can you please post some of the good ones for us to evaluate?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I still think he's a lunatic, and heres a link with some background on LaHaye...

www.tylwythteg.com...

www.buildingequality.us...

www.libertytothecaptives.net... ng_bookofthisprophecy.html

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well, let's start like this: You point out one of his "crazy" ideas, and I'll explain where he's coming from and why, if I can. I've read several books by him, and have an idea as to where he's coming from.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51
I still think he's a lunatic, and heres a link with some background on LaHaye...

www.tylwythteg.com...

www.buildingequality.us...

www.libertytothecaptives.net... ng_bookofthisprophecy.html

Ok, read through the first link, and it's garbage. The person VERY obviously hates religion, and christianity specifically. Anyone who believes what the Bible says is a nut job. Fine, that's their opinion, but I disagree completely. I may be nuts, but not in the way described in that website

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Sorry, I didnt thoroughly read through the links, I just thought they may provide some insite.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The second one doesn't really state anything, and the third is someone's rant (which may be valid, I need to look into it more) about a line in one of the Left Behind series...So your arguement is lacking facts and evidence...

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You may say that my "argument" is lacking but if you read the initial post its not so much about LaHaye and his lunacy, its more about how he basically controls Bush and his Administration. Whether you want to admit it or not, LaHaye has friends in high places, and he is very influential to the Bush Administration.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The first post says quite a bit. In the end, he didn't just leave, but he was enthusiastically recieved. By a secret society. Which tries to keep all of it's doings secret. And they told you. hmm...

All of that which is written there is just heresay. you present no sources, just a little storyline. How are we to know that this is true? Here, watch:

In 1994, then president Bill Clinton slipped out of the White House at about 2AM, as he had done every tuesday night he was available at the White House, to go to his Demonic Summoning ritual, but this time was different.

Meeting in this ultra-secret cult with some of the highest standing government officials, Howard Dean, John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, just to name a few, Bill Clinton was always the odd man out. Sure, he liked to abuse power and make others miserable, but he never really bought into this whole demon thing. But Teddy had helped him get the presidency if Bill came and did this, so Bill was still doing it.

Right after he spilled the goat's blood over his forhead an in the center of the pentagram, he began reciting the words as instructed by Chief Summoner, Al Gore. "Klatu Beratae Nektu" He said, and the whole room was flooded with light, which slowly descended into Bill Clinton's head. After the light had melted away, the only trace of it was the glint in Clinton's eyes.

"Finally," said Hillary, "You're one of us, now."

It's totally true! Really!

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Actually if you want my source it's Rolling Stone Magazine. They did an article on LaHaye in this months issue (surprisingly).

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Would you like the authors name? Robert Dreyfus.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This isnt sufficient?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Read the left behind series if you like.

He basically studies prophecy of the Armageddon.

From one perspective, Saddam could be considered an anti-christ candedate, but he did not say that he was it.

I don't think that he is that bad. He has quite an impressive resume.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Youre right. He didnt say that Saddam IS the Antichrist.

However, LaHaye DID say that Saddam could be "the forerunner of the Antichrist".

Read the posts.

And Im still waiting for Jake to discredit my source.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I can't say that I really like Rolling Stone. It is an entertainment magazine, but that neither supports nor disproves it.

Although I would think that they might take a bit more license and could have possibly taken it out of context.

I'm not sure.

Do you have the article?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yes I do have the article. Its very good.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I went on the Rolling Stone website and that article isnt available to view (I dont have a scanner so I cant get the article onto my home PC).

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join