It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex scandal hits Atlanta-area megachurch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Sex scandal hits Atlanta-area megachurch

news.yahoo.com

The 80-year-old leader of a suburban Atlanta megachurch is at the center of a sex scandal of biblical dimensions: He slept with his brother's wife and fathered a child by her.

Members of Archbishop Earl Paulk's family stood at the pulpit of the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit at Chapel Hill Harvester Church a few Sundays ago and revealed the secret exposed by a recent court-ordered paternity test.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I don't know about the areas in which you guys live, but stuff like this happens in Georgia a LOT!

It seems like every other week there is another sex scandal involving leaders of a church somewhere within a few hundred miles.

It just doesn't make sense to me. I try to give the religious the benefit of the doubt in a lot of cases, but things like this only make me more wary of them than before.

If child molestation is the crux of the catholic church, adultery is the crux of the southern baptist and other similar churches.

Not even a year ago, there was a huge story around here about a black reverend fathering 4 kids with 4 girls under the age of 15. The truly sad part is, most of his congregation was up at arms and screaming racism because he was arrested. They fought tooth an nail for a piece of trash that knocked up 4 of their little girls.

What is the world coming to?

Jasn

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
As I have said on various threads here....I grew up in the church....my parents were pastors.

I have seen the worst of the worst....ive seen it ALL. I am never ever surprised anymore.

And although I still have my faith in God, I dont think I could ever again, step foot in a church, because I will always be thinking about what is REALLY going on behind the scenes.

Ugg, this stuff really gets to me due to my past experiences.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by greeneyedleo]

join