It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uranium in tap water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i was reading the local report on the water content in our city TORONTO. I was shocked to see uranium in the report. now i know that is only a couple of parts per billion. why would there even be uranium in our water?there is proabably 2 sources. 1 it's naturally occuring. then it should eliminated completly. or 2 it is beings leaked into our water from refinaries, or experiments done testing Aboms. eighter way. that uranium is radioactive, and can cause many problems.

just curious why nothing is being done to eliminate it.

you should check your water content in your own town becuase results will vary.

reports
www.toronto.ca...

some of the effects uranium
www.cmaj.ca...

any ideas or any suggestions or comments feel free to post.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Uranium in the water supply is pretty normal for many parts of the world...The concentration mentioned in the report you linked to are nothing to be alarmed about...

There's more radioactivity in many houses built over granite caused by radium decaying and the resulting radon gas within the house...Apparently, radon induced lung cancer is the 6th leading cause of cancer death worldwide...

Radon

So I don't think a trace of uranium in your water will do you much harm

Peace

[edit on 20-11-2007 by Rilence]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Granite worktops are also more dangerous than uranium in the water supply. In fact, there's a a thiusand things in your water that are more dangerous than a wee bit of uranium.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
As mentioned, its not as bad as you think.

I believe Canada is one of the biggest Uranium exporters in the world, so its not surprising that some of that Uranium is in the water.

top topics

join