It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-quality YouTube videos coming soon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is a very well good news.
Can't wait to see the high quality videos of CanadianVandal's vids when they get uploaded.

YouTube co-founder Steve Chen, speaking at the NewTeeVee Live conference today, confirmed that high-quality YouTube video streams are coming soon. Although YouTube's goal, he said, is to make the site's vast library of content available to everyone, and that requires a fairly low-bitrate stream, the service is testing a player that detects the speed of the viewer's Net connection and serves up higher-quality video if viewers want it.

Why wouldn't they? Because the need to buffer the video before it starts playing will change the experience. Hence the experiment, rather than just a rapid rollout of this technology. On stage, he said the current resolution of YouTube videos has been "good enough" for the site untill now.

Chen told me he expects that high-quality YouTube videos will be available to everyone within three months.

Chen also confirmed that in YouTube's internal archive, all video is stored at the native resolution in which it was sent. However, he said, a large portion of YouTube videos are pretty poor quality to begin with--320x240. Streaming them in high-quality mode isn't going to help much.

www.webware.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Good cant wait.Alot of stuff on there is nearly unwatchable its like watching a blender do its thing

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Perhaps you should take a look at Stage6

Nothing but HD, user uploaded movies there.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This would be happy news for me, if only my damned ISP has a better connection speed.

[rant]So we fancy ourselves a developed country, but our connection is less than 1.5 Mbps (that's megabits per second)! What the hey...? Bah!!

Malaysia Boleh!
[/rant]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'm stuck on 64Mbps right now. It takes over two minutes to download a megabyte!!!!

Yeah, these so called 'first world' countries ain't all they're made out to be . . .

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

Are you sure it's 64Mbps?? That's blazing fast!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Lmao, I hope he meant in kbps.

I agree, that is fast.

What are you on, T1, or T3 or...?

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Uhh . . . I meant 64 kbps. Excuse me.

But as of 56 minutes ago, it is now back to its regular 1200 kbps!
(I hate download limits.)

top topics

join