It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires, the real deal...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Okwari

Do you know how old/new the variation "vampyre" is? Rather than vampire? Is it relatively new? Because it's odd talking about fact and fiction, using the spelling used by modern people, which wasn't likely used in the "times" where vampire scares were prevalent.

I'm not saying there weren't some possible scientific explanations for vampire scares- but i am saying that something accounted for in all regions in the world (find me a place where there was never the concept of the vampire~) cannot just be nothing.

Also, i too am just sick of hearing this "vampire disease" stuff. UV was an interesting movie, but that's just it. IT's a MOVIE~ The "vamp virus" thing is just rediculously cliche at this point.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

Not quite sure why I use vampyre over vampire. Looks nicer when spelled I guess. However, I did do a google and it looks like in modern definitions Vampire is used in reference to the blood/energy suckers and Vampyre to those within the social club (i.e. Goth).

However, one website

www.geocities.com...

references the use of vampyr as a Serbian derivative of the Russian word upyr. I think someone else on this thread or another dealing with Vampires/Vampyres mentioned this before.

I believe that the use of the disease is a modern explanation (late 1800s - present). The wide spread appearance of a creature with vampyre like tendencies is uncanny, yes. However, I’m sure if one were to take the time to look at every culture there would be some form of similarities in supersitition and their explanation for it. That does not necessarily mean there is a connection between all of them or that its irrefutable proof of something existing. Take the instances of twins for example. North and South America has them in their creation myth, so does Greece, Japan and Africa. Usually they are used to explain good and evil. Does that mean there are twin demi-gods running aorund the earth? Who knows, but probably not.

All I can say is that, and this is from my very limited knowledge of them, Vampyres seem more myth than reality. Anonymous ATS gave an example of TB being a possible explanation into the Vampyre myth we know today. It seems reasonable to me, I'm sure that is not the only explanation, there probably are other contributing factors; and maybe even a little bit of truth too.

Cheers..

O.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Vampires are certainly an interesting subject.

I think true vampirism (not the alternative lifestyle) is certainly plausible. Someone mentioned a few pages back that they could be a separate species of human, and this seems to be the most likely explanation, with some genetic mutation being the second most likely.

The important thing when discussing them is to separate the Hollywood vampire from the likely reality. So lets suppose for a bit that they are real.

They are not the undead, or the living dead, and are not 'evil' in the good/bad biblical sense that we apply to them. This is fear based superstition. It's more likely that they simply have longer lifespans, but certainly are not immortal.

They may be stronger and faster then us as well, but I doubt they can fly.

And chances are they live among us but we will never know it because their survival depends on their anonymity. They, as a predator above us on the food chain almost certainly are a significantly smaller number then humans.If they were to be truly exposed we would hunt them into extinction based on fear alone, justified or not.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I do not understand why people do not believe in true vampires. I say, to every lock there is a key, which means everything in possible, everything is real, whether you choose to believe it or not. I am a firm believer of the vampire race and hope to meet one in the future. I wish other people would see past their little world of reality and see what's really there.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I think I may have been bitten by one, I am not sure as it only lasted a few seconds. I think the person was on drugs or something but that could have been his vampirism behaviour. I know i'm still human but I do feel drained and do feel sick after my throat going dry when I go out. Some are invisible I think and probably just hosts to the demon vampires. I have seen people appear from no where and change positions from where standing in a blink of an eye. Ever since Polish immigration or Eastern Europeans the presence has been felt, ad I know the person who bit me has one as girlfriend. I have used my faith with crosses to see what happens and people distort facially but not only does it effect one person it effects groups of them. So what ever entity they are hosting is large enough to span across many people in one go, they can also mind read. If I am their source of energy or a Vampire without knowing then call me the White Blade because I am not on their side and would be Van Hesling's friend if that was the case. I don't think people know what they are but its not just Vampires but Wolves and crossbreeds between the two to worry about. I am on the boarder of this knowledge I can not prove it but am close to it in my vacinities and many people are becoming them.

If not then they are Locust demons as Biblically predicted in Reverlation 6 and 9 who have teeth like Lions.

This relates to the times of Noah comming again at the end times, people being genetically changed, Angels verses bad Angels and all sorts of abominations. Hold up your crosses and believe because that is why they want them banned all over Europe and the West, it makes sense. That is why people are passive to do so because the demonic influences and Satanic powers make oppositions weak.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Okay read through all of this and am really surprised that none of you sited the fact that when the human dna mapping project was finished they went hush hush because it proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that all of present day humanity has decended from only 3 blood lines.....!!!ALL!!!
Second for a very long span of time humanity also believed that there was no truth to the ancient kings of old yet hundreds of years later we dug them up...but hey they where all just "myths" spread out through the whole of society.
Many who try to debunk the bible and scripts of old as saying, Babylon never existed ate their hats when it was dug up in the Iraq desert by sadam and was being "rebuilt"...google it there is full color pics people we took it over when we invaded.We also ran off with all the artifacts he was making public.Look them up too there is still plenty of data on it. We where also stone weilding idiots? yet in the egyptian desert is a enormus city burried in the sand thousands of years old(yet again I might add) that was the victim of a nuclear bomb.!?! But all the "myths" written about the city where false, until someone built a town on top of it and people got radiation sickness and deformities.
Alot of people who read todays bible naturally asume it is the origonal but in fact it has been rewritten over 250 times!!!! If the "real" dead sea scrolls contained the same exact thing, why where they hidden from society at large and controlled by the "vatican" for so long?(check the real finding date! over 2 decades before it even came to light) Why was it that the German linguist hired on by them quit after a very short time and told the world they where hiding the truth because what the scrolls said and what our history say are 2 different things? Get an ancient aramaic script or older if you can handle it and get a character map and read it! you may be VERY VERY surprised at what they really say...and yes jack is right they do talk about somethings like a "vampire" ALOT. Although later writings claim it to be a punishment.. the very earliest ones we have been able to actually see claim they where actually a race living within our race. On the hinge of society if you will. There are so many things in our world we have yet to discover or even understand. Much "proof" is intentionally kept from people and you all know that.
As far as the vampire myths they are wide and far reaching and at sometimes, in societies that never at anytime in their histories recorded meeting any other people.But they recorded moving, and solar dates, and families and rituals....how could the entire ancient world have similiar degrees of "myths" and have none of them be true? Thats like saying the portugeese didnt sail the world over 1500 years ago. wait for it to sink in then respond....better yet look it up its true. We even have their dang maps in the library of congress!( Dont even bother to refute that one I have a book in there, and yes they do have them) Many of their captians had reports of peoples like vampires in the northern most regions. They still to this day consider them to be "real."
Simply put; to many places; to many stories; to many beliefs ;to be discounted as mere myth.
(Note to Jack research pre colonial and colonial masonics dig deep and go off to the side-bars backwards in the geneology....they are real. Alot of the "colonist" didnt come from england as claimed. My family being one, wasnt from there yet we where rampit through the government, military as such etc. It isnt hidden just dig)

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Since a google search on the two points that interest me in what you've written, the dna mapping revealing descent from 3 bloodlines, and the dead sea scrolls as originally written being different than what is presented, yields pretty much nothing. I'm hoping you can explain this a little fuller so we all could understand. I'm very interested.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
These threads are pretty interesting. Going the Cain and Lilith or even "pre" makes sense to me. Though not from a curse or spiritual viewpoint. Or demonizing them. Since I believe ets have manipulated our dna all along, and some ets are known to be kind of psychic vampires themselves, feeding off negative emotions and energy, though not all greys do this by the way. But it makes me wonder if the "immortal" master race would be one of the earlier works, that had advantages in very long life, say thousands of years as some ets are reported to have, and strength and illness resistance, but the need for extra energy and sunlight aversion was counter productive so we, their dna garden specimen was created with fused or clipped dna, but able to work in the day time. Some dna could have remained nonetheless so some "mortal" vampires, or people that show signs of this condition are born as well.
Anyway, fascinating reads just before halloween, and even more so because theres always the possibility that theres more to this than just a myth, it could be the real thing.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Everything seems like such a mess spiritually I am confused in what is going on. I am very suspicious that what we think we know or see is just the start and many myths could be comming true along with disinformation to cover our minds from the truth.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There are bloodlines to contend with and there are quite a few on earth that seperated race and probably species of humans. Here is a list that has had historical accounts.

From Biblical account, although the Bible does not mention colour and race but tribe only. So here are some theories and some facts.

Noah's Children - different races
Jewish - Adamite-Israelite-Issac-
Arab - Isrealite - Egyptian - Ishmael
Hamite - The dark skinned race-Canaan
Palastinian - Angel/ Human cross breed from Philistine times and Gaza strip area of the land of Canaan.

Nephilim - Angel/human could be ongoing still in modern times.

(depends on interpretation)
Cain-land of Nod - could be the serpent race of half Devil half Human, Garden of Eden where Eve was suduced by the Devil and produced his offspring. Could be the Royal bloodline.

Anyway not to offend anyones views but to point out some Biblical bloodlines and the last one being a slight possibility. But the point is that for many thousands of years the tribal wars have been going on and still do go on till this day and you have to look at WW2 and Isreal to see the modern pattern.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Sorry double post because ATS CRASHED. Glad I don't have to write it again.

[edit on 30-10-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
i do believe there are vampires like i believe in there is a god, a heaven , and a hell. How do you explain all the irrational things that happen then. miracles, people being possesed, ghosts! You hear it the news everyday sometimes you even experience it. I beleive there are things out there beyond just vampires and the answer is so obvious. but then again that is what i believe and im better off thinking there are such things as vampires out there i can feel it in my gut. I rather choose to think like that than imagine that this world a non fictional place where we all know what to expect. People choose to beleive in things they can prove, why not live a little? give youself the chance to hope you will meet a fairy one day or an alien maybe even figure out the mysterys of the vampire. It helps to think there is something out there something unexplainable. So many people pray to god and feel relieved afterwards yet they dont even know if they are praying to thin air. At the end of the day you feel like your not alone god is by your side protecting you and thats where you get the motivation to go out in the world feel somewhat safe and put your self out there. For all you know nothing but your imagination could have given you that motivation. So...the real question "are vampires real?" i do beleive they are and anybody can think otherwise

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
in reply to forestlady, please tell me more! i have for so long been undescribably drawn to vampires, even had romantic interests. i must know more about them, and how you have been proven to that they really are what they say, you can reply to this, or email me with MUCH more info @ [email protected].

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
First of all I'd liek to state, there's allways a bigger fish. Humans are not the top predators and never will be, be it that we are fed upon by parasites or vampires.
Second off all the classical vampire (apart from the shapeshifting) is actually biologically explainable.
It is known that humans and other creatures can develope an oversensitivity for sunlight, either they burn very fast or they can't stand to look when the sun is out because it hurts their eyes.
even the drinking of blood can be explained.
Some animals have a lack of iron and antioxidants in their blood, the lack of iron will make it harder to carry oxygen through their body and the lack of antioxidants makes them age a lot faster. this brings me to the next point, immortality or the lifespan multiple times that of a human. In theory it's possible to live forever with enough antioxidants, the human body gets tired after a while though dying anyway, if there would be a creature that is biologically strong against that exauhstion. might use the antioxidants in the blood they need for a longer live.

So this was my rant. please forgive me if it doens'nt seem to make sense, I typed this very very fast.

My two cents

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
On a more relaxed notice.
Anyone evr heard of kaine and abel. i believe one killed the other and drank his blood to survive?? therefore he was cursed to live on the brink of humanity in darkness for all time? I believe I read somewhere he would be the patriarch of the vampires?

And I know the library of alexandria has been proven to exist and some scrolls (presumably atlantian in origin although this might just be a rumour) Were safeguarded and hidden off the left paw of the sphinx (which is older then the oldest pyramid) they echoed the bottom during archeological digs there and in the place described by a dutch profet they did indeed find a room about 30M underground which after tests were likely to contain scrolls. To bad the egyptian government forbid anyone to dig there after that though.........

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Interesting that you mentioned the Blade movies. I came to this site because of the Underworld movies. I am also very intersted in Vampires and have learned so much by reading these forums. Just wanted to introduce myself as Schmevin. I haven't joint the forum yet. Hope to find more information and keep educating myself.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I always have had a fascination with vampires, I still to this day wish I could become a vampire (as odd and creepy as that sounds) I still would like to believe that they do indeed exist, but seriously (and I would hate to change the whole subject of this vampire thing, but relate it to UFOs, sasquatch, chupacabra, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc.- We have heard many stories-all mostly alike- since way back when and we say- (inserting sarcasm)"well if it started way back when, then it must be true, because story telling didn't exist then." Yet we have no solid proof of their existence, I even still would like to believe in UFOs-but hey!! where's the true evidence?!
I ran into this article you might find amusing and it could "shed some (sun)light" on your belief in vampires, hope the link works.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DiggDugg

The site that you posted claims that "if a vampire were to bite so many people, and those people turned into vampires - there would be more vampires than humans right now", and so maybe either that is true, or maybe that's complete bunk! Who says that when a vampire feeds, it's victim turns into a vampire? Is there a choice, whether the victim dies or is turned? Is there even an option? Do we even know, if it's possible to turn a human into a vampire? Maybe vampires breed amongst themselves...

Heh, I just realized that article makes reference to Sunnydale, can't believe I used to love that show...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
All things I read, says that a vampire has the choice, to turn humans. That and if they have been aroud for so long I'm pretty sure they would have taken precautions to preven things like that from happening.
And if there would be to much vampires it is inevitable humans notice and do something about it... And lets be honest, what WOULDN'T die if a stake was smashed to ones heart after which the vitim is decapitaed and burned. It seem to me that enough to kill any living or unliving being.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join