It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires, the real deal...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dazed

I don't think this is an example of a Vampire as I am discussing here, but a vampire of a more Human nature. Being "saved" is a matter of religious debate.

Your example might bring us to another good line of discussion to follow however, as religion has indeed played a prominent role in the hidden history of the Vampire.

What role do religious artifacts have, such as a Cross, Holy Water, or perhaps even the Spear of Destiny?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
"fluid feeders" is the biological classification for an organism that solely feeds on fluids for its diet. and in the context of this discussion, that fluid being human blood.

the human body needs a vary broad range of food to ingest to survive, its just not plausible saying humans (vampires) can exist and live solely off blood (let alone all your other claims). some people may drink blood for whatever reason and i'm sure it would offer some nutritional value, but no one could survive on it for a prolonged period of time. there are things called essential nutritions that cant be made/synthesized within the body but must be obtained through diet, human blood alone could not offer these.

---------------------------------

jackinthebox

Anyone who sais they do not believe in vampires has never bothered to look into the subject, and would probably be to closed-minded to even be on this site.

i think the believe/suggestion that vampires may be real and not folklore is absolutely absurd, i think its a subject that is even to silly to be discussed on these boards.

we both have our opinions.

[edit on 26/11/07 by cheeser]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by forestlady

Could you please elaborate on your information of vampires? I am interested to know, about these vampires you are in contact with, if their need for blood is psychological or biological. Also, any clinical information would be helpful.

According to vamps themselves, it is a biological need. They do not exist solely on blood, they simply supplement their diet with blood because regular food doesn't give them all the nutrients they need. The only proof I can offer that proves this is true is this: There are some people who are so anemic, they are prescribed (by doctors) to obtain animal blood from slaughterhouses. To me, it seems logical then that vampires are folks who need more nutrients than others, and they can use a donor, someone willing to give their blood.
IMHO, this is a physical need, rather than psychological. There may be vamps who do it for psychological reasons and there are psychic vamps, but they are a little different from what you are talking about, I think.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If you want to call blood drinkers vampires, fine. Let's not get carried away to assume there is any more to it than that.

It is also my contention that this blood lust is just that a psychological addiction of sorts.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

are these vamps undead ? were they killed, buried, and still walk the earth ?

or are they goth kids ?

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cheeser

Perhaps you misunderstood my statement as it appears quoted out of context. In that particular statement I was referring to vampires in general, which do in fact exist. Wether it be Humans who drink blood by choice, animals who drink blood by nature, or even psychic vampires who are just a real downer to be around. To argue that vampires DON'T exist is absurd. Vampires do in fact exist, though perhaps not in the more supernatural sense. Hence my capitalization of the word Vampire for the purpose of this discussion. I do not necessarily endorse or prescribe to the belief of Vampires in the supernatural sense. I am merely examining the possibilites and trying to put a plauseable framework around them.

You also argue that it is impossible to survive by ingesting blood alone, but your analyses is flawed. Firstly, you put Humans and Vampires together as the same species. I am not a doctor and do not know if the Human body can effeciently metabolize a strictly blood-based diet or not, so I will not try to make that argument. However, if true Vampires do exist, they are not bound by the laws of Human physiology. There are other species on this planet who do survive on blood alone, and therefore so might the Vampire.

A Vampire may be an "infected" Human, an ancestor or even descendant of modern Man, a mixed species, or an entirely seperate species with some humanoid characteristics. I am considering all of these at this point.

Thanks for your viewpoint.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I have come across individuals before who make the "supplement" argument, but I do not agree with it ususally. I think these people are drinking blood for socio-psychological reasons, and simply cannot entirely cover the fact that they do indeed need real food just like every other Human in the species, and cannot entirely act out the myth. These are among the "little v" vampires I have spoken of. Vampires indeed but not Vampires by breed.

The only exception I have ever seen was a person who drank blood, as a dietary supplement of sorts, but did all that he could to hide the fact. He was not "Goth," had no interest in vampires, was not a social outcast, and lived a life not generally conducive to a blood-drinking lifestyle. I was told that it was in fact a clinical condition suffered from birth, and that the brother of his paternal grandfather had also suffered from the condition. In this case I cannot say for sure that the condition was not psychologically-based, but I expect that the last place you will likely see a Human who really does need to drink blood is in "the scene" or at a Marilyn Manson concert.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I am definatly going to look into everything being said here. This concept of Vampyres actually being from another planet is very intruiging. I personally think that is it most probable that Vampyrism is a genetic abnormality that may have been intesified my selective breeding over time. Just a theory....

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by inomztietuseoe

I sometimes entertain the thought that Vampires, or "Vampyres" if you prefer, may have originated as a result of a cross-contamination of genetic material between ancient Humans and Reptilians. Before the King James version came along, the Bible taught that it was a reptile-like being
of great intelligence with two arms and two legs who manipulated Eve in the Garden of Eden, not a snake as commonly accepted today. There are some who claim that the "reptile" who offended God was not banished to simply slither around on the dirt, but banished to live within the dirt, or underground where they have remained hidden. Of course this could tie them in directly with our modern mythological perception that demons live below ground.

If Vampires are indeed a by-product of cross genetics, then perhaps we have an answer to the mythological perception that Vampires are a sort of half-demon who walks upon the Earth. There is even then the possibility that Vampires may do the bidding of certain "demons" within the Earth, or for the Reptilians as a whole.

For more on Reptilians in ancient times click here for an excellent thread by an epert on the subject who is a cryptozoologist.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Firstly I am an Anne Rice fan (vampire novelist, interview with a vampire) and I love horror movies especially vampire movies, actually I just watched 30 days of night last night.

The concept of the sophisticated vampire I think is really exciting but that’s about where I leave it.

I have watched documentaries on “vampires” including the blood drinker, the vampire stylists, and psychic vampires.

A persons desire to drink blood has of course been documented, allergies to light etc but the movie super strong, regenerative, live forever etc I think is getting a bit on to the fantasy side unless we are manipulated by tech or gene therapy in the future.

I think the vampire has been brought into our lives more through folk tales and Hollywood then anything else like the werewolf, zombie etc.

Of course a psychopathic person who is cannibalistic and thinks he is an animal could be called a werewolf. Zombies in Haiti in where Witchdoctors use puffer fish poison to induce a walking coma have also been known to exist.

Real supernatural vampires????? I would sooner put my money on nessie, Bigfoot and aliens.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I debated on posting on this thread because it is so late for me and I am not sure my thoughts will be coherent, however, if I waited till after I slept, I would forget about it.

So, bear with me.

I am of the mind that I think it is completely possible, if not probable, for vampires to exist. Not in the hollywood sense of course.

Here is my thinking on the subject.

In nearly every society, every culture, on this planet there is the legends of blood drinkers. Those that prey on humans and animals for their blood. Nearly every single legend of these vampires is talked about at around the same time and these societies are far flung.. not close to each other at all.

Now that being the case.. it makes sense that there is some truth to the stories. That many legends.. in that many cultures? There has to be something there.

VV

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think its entirely possible for there to be some type of creature that resembles the vampires of myth and legend. I mean...somebody had to have seen something in order to get that idea in their head in the first place.

Although they are probably not quite like what has been depicted in novels and movies, I do think there is probably some semblance of truth to the myths and legends. The truth can sometimes be stranger than fiction.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MuLongQun

I think the vampire has been brought into our lives more through folk tales and Hollywood then anything else like the werewolf, zombie etc.

All of these different creatures may actually all be different examples of one single "hidden" species that is elusive enough to remain sucessfully hidden to mainstream conciousness.

...but the movie super strong, regenerative, live forever etc I think is getting a bit on to the fantasy side unless we are manipulated by tech or gene therapy in the future.

"Super strong" already exists in nature. An ant picking up a leaf, is like person picking up an elephant with their mouth. "Regenerative" ability is demontrated in nature as well, with creatures who regrow limbs. In fact, scientists are actually very close to unlocking the keys to regeneration. There's a strong possibility that our lifetimes, we will be able to regrow lost limbs. The "live forever" concept may be a bit of an exaggeration, after all even the Sun will burn itself out one day. However, the Bible does talk of people who lived for thousands of years. This could be relatively considered immortal by our standards today.

One other thing that is not being considered when you talk about the "future" is that history is know to repeat itself. What if Vampires are the Atlanteans? Food for thought.

Real supernatural vampires????? I would sooner put my money on nessie, Bigfoot and aliens.

I have my money on all three, but aliens may play directly into the existence of true Vampires. Maybe they are aliens, or even a hybrid species originated in biblical times.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
A very interesting and valid argument you have there, however I thing if you mean human bodies physically regenerating lost limbs then that is a stretch. Given the fact that humans can manipulate the environment our physical evolution is done, but if you mean anesthetically then we already can do it, and chances are someone already has but due to ethics we can not move forward.

I should also add that like you I believe in vampires as you know from responding to my topic.

Also since it seems you have done some sleuthing I would love very much if you would share some of your research with me.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
Vamp Stories began in the Old Testiment with Cain Slaying Abel & then getting punished by exile & forever to walk the earth.
(stuff)

This sounds suspiciously like a paraphrase of the Book of Nod. Would you mind listing some of your sources for this summary of events? I am trying to sort out the discrepencies between your version, the version in the Book of Nod, and historical data, not to be confused with the two previous categories.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

or maybe the "reptile" (spiecies?) was not banished to live underground but actually was infected with a spieces wide disease (sun allergie ?) which made them "walk in darkness" meaning they had to go underground in order to survive ? Just some food for thought

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akane

Please feel free to post any questions you may have. Most of my replies must be relegated to statements of opinion though, as most of my research data has been lost. My thoughts on the topic were built up over many years, so I won't be able to remember many specific sources most likely. I think this is primarily an exercise in logic anyhow, without an actual blood sample to study.

P.S. As far as research and development goes in the scientific arena, you can be certain that what can be done will be done. Like killing homeless people to harvest their organs.

[edit on 12/13/0707 by jackinthebox]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Quite possible, especially given the prominent role of gravesites in the mythology.

I tend to believe however, that Vampires are sort of "working" for the Reptilians, given their generally more humanlike appearance.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I decided to tell this story on another thread about underground bunkers and such, but figured it might find some interest here. This is a true experience:

In my city, there also was an old sewage treatment plant that was the scene of several murders, including that of a police officer who's body was never recovered. Some said it wasn't recovered because it fell into an open sewer vat that divers would not go into. I don't know wether or not I believe that excuse, but I can tell you that it was a freaky place...

...We used to go there when I was a teenager, for a place to drink beers. The place had already been shut down for years, so there was no sewage actually left there. It was just an abandoned building complex by then, complete with underground tunnels. I went through them plenty of times, but I got really spooked one afternoon and I can't really say why. I was about to use a tunnel to go from one building to another. The floor was leaf-strewn, the tile walls graffitied. It was really dark down there, as usual, but I knew that once you got to the other end there was light again as soon as you rounded a corner. I never even took a flashlight down there since you really didn't have to take more than a few steps without seeing where you were going once your eyes adjusted. On this particular day, I was just overcome with a sense of dread. As if something was literally staring back at me from the darkness. I stopped. I just had the sense that there was something there, waiting, as if it was a trap almost. I did not go through the tunnel ever again, especially after what happened the next time...

...There was a group of us, maybe twelve to fifteen I would say. We decided we would go upstairs and out onto the roof with our beers, and enjoy the view of the river. The metal staircase had several landings and clung to the walls of a sort of open central area that was squared off. There was a bit of danger at the top as the metal railing had fallen away, and it was a four-story fall into the basement. But obviously we were smart enough to just stay away from the edge. The door was solid steel and rusted open at the hinges for at least a decade I would say. Furthermore, a substantial pile of petrified cat excrement made for a door-stop...

...So back to the night in question. A damp and chilly late-autumn night. The group of us asceneded the staircase single file, laughing and joking around. I was about in the middle, and halfay up when I turned to look back. In a sort of domino effect, or like the buck being, passed I watched as everyone's head turned back to look at the person in front of them, after having looked back as I had done. I thought it was odd for a second. Then I felt a dry hot breeze rush past me, spiraling up the staircase. I quickly turned forward again, and watched those in front of me turning their heads to follow was well. Now all this happened in a matter of seconds. At the top, my buddy Puba was about to step through the doorway into the room that led out to the roof-spot. Suddenly he was thrown off-balance and staggered toward the edge where the section of rail was missing, as the immovable metal door slammed shut! He managed to catch himself with the edge of the rail that remained. As all of this was still processing in my brain there was a great, deep, despairing groan. Not eminating from anywhere, but everywhere. As if the building itself had decided to groan and shudder. We all stood frozen for a second, two at most, and ran back the way we had come...

...The path out front was narrow with a swampy bog of rotted down field grass and old rain on either side. I ended up knee deep in it, running, splashing. We had all taken our time getting over the triple lined barbed wire that topped the 12-foot chain link fence surrounding the property. We were all badly bloodied getting back over...

...We all agreed to what we had just experienced, but no one wanted to talk about it after that. In fact, quite a few of the group refused to associate with eachother after that. I don't know what it was, but there was something there that night. I never went back. Ever.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I do have something I did not mention in my first post, when you said "Does anyone have any evidence of a Human who actually needs to drink blood, from a clinical perspective?" I actually do, well its bit of a phychological disorder as well meaning a person does not mearly choose to drink blood but can not stop them selves. In most cases it's and iron diffecency that has caused someone to crave blood simply because it is rich in iron.

And harvesting organs from homeless people will never happen, ethic scientists wont allow it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join