It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires, the real deal...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Amplivewire
a reply to: Puppytoven

Im a psychic vampire. And I still have traits of a "vampire" such as my pupils turn straight like cats eyes sometimes but I think that can just happen to people. Questions?

yes can you please provide proof of this?

I dont believe in peoples pupils "changing" i know accidents can alter the eye, but physically changing, nope dont believe it...

Sorry just my two cents

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
aptrgangr, can you please turn me into a vampire?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
aptrgangr, can you please turn me into a vampire?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Unless Brahm Stoker had a good source, it is unlikely that a real vampyre matches all of his description.

Possiblities I'm seeing ignored on this thread:

1) - That magic is real.

In this case, a vampyre could have all the traits, and even be undead.

2) - Some kind of ancient technology or process.

Some kind of alchemy enables some people to live very long lives, by doing something with other people's blood.

In this case they wouldn't exactly subsist off the blood. They just need it to extend their telomeres every now and again so they don't suffer the effects of aging.

The crucial issue of vampyrism is the immortality. Everything else is just fluff.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
.........or it could be delusions.......

OR it could all just be someone looking for attention.......

Occam's razor and all that

In this case they wouldn't exactly subsist off the blood. They just need it to extend their telomeres every now and again so they don't suffer the effects of aging.

You cant alter your telomeres by ingesting blood.........
edit on 9/24/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If we're talking about aliens, then the reflection off of mirrors thing could be tied with how they make themselves appear human. Probably by hypnotic (or psychic hypnotic) suggestion. They manipulate your mind so you see a human being in front of you when you look directly at them. But the effect changes when you see them in a mirror. If you see them in a mirror you simply see nothing at all. (Your mind rejects the image entirely.)

Maybe human blood has nutrients they need to harness, because they are hard to synthesize by other technological means. So they come to Earth periodically to top off their supply. Other sources may exist for these nutrients, but when they are in this part of the galaxy they are simply too far away from any other sources, so they stop here.

The rest can be explained any number of ways. Perhaps they like to take the identity of the recently deceased, because that gives them a reference image for their hypnosis (you can't create a hypnotic image from nothing. It has to draw on the recipients own memories.) Also the fear of the undead helps to reinforce the hypnotic suggestion.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
.........or it could be delusions.......

OR it could all just be someone looking for attention.......

Occam's razor and all that

You cant alter your telomeres by ingesting blood.........

Not directly, no. It wouldn't be a simple process.

More like harvesting a lot of blood, then doing some interesting chemistry stuff where something from the blood is extracted and then used as part of another process that extends your telomeres.

But the legend would just say they drink blood, or something. Legends tend to try and keep it simple.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think vampires exist or existed at some point in history but it was probably a psychological disorder

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jackinthebox

If I am not mistaken, there is a psychological(sp) disorder that manifests itself in the need to intake blood. Not necessarily human blood, but any blood, although it may eventually get to the human stage.

Ill look it up and see what I find, that may be an associated issue

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Speaking of rising from the dead...this bit of thread necromancy, lol....

You're thinking of Clinical Vampirism, or Reinfield Syndrome. It's not really officially a recognized disorder, but in pop culture, Renfield Syndrome is the more common term used to describe it.

(why do I sound like Sheldon, in my head?)

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I happen to believe there are indeed real live vampires walking around the planet earth. BUT believing and proving are two different things. I happen to believe there may be a special type of near human that is basics of the vampire legends. NOT a dead person brought back to life. BUT a type of person.

AND I believe medically like the original poster implied there are and have been humans with a variety of disease who would fit with Vampire like person.

In my younger days I met numerous humans who were 100% who believed they were or wanted to a Vampire. Some may have developed mental like illness in carrying out that fantasy.

Given my own experience I met others who have carried out "belief" they are or wanted to be a vampire. The few I met would tell you if ever met them, they were mentoring under a REAL Vampire. AND very much believed that individual was the real deal.

I have reason to believe to have met 3 who others very much believed. 2 were individuals I did not want to know beyond my random encounter. They made it clear they were human predators. The other was an very charming individual.

BUT I would also say to be careful what you wish for. I have NO desire to be a human predator. I happen to also had a brief sighting of 3 bigfoots back in 2010. Though any other would be encounter in my fascination with then bigfoot. Bigfoot would prefer to remain as myth to Humans at large. They do not want us looking for them in the wilderness adn they can barely tolerate those of humans who have experiences letting us know they are real.

I am as certain a I can be that any real vampire walking around planet earth as we speak would very much prefer that his kind remain a myth. Though I am certain most that call them self vampires are human predators. For the most part we are nothing more then food to them.

posted on Feb, 3 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
One more comment to add and again without proof.

With my fascination of Bigfoot in the past. I came to believe that US military hunts down Bigfoot whenever it believes its may had apart in a killing or a disappearance.

I can easily believe that if the US Government and more then likely the Shadow Government that controls it was to believe that there individuals with Vampire like abilities kill humans and the evidence shows that. Though the US government could not care in the least about it citizens. They would want to hunt it down and capture it.

posted on Feb, 15 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I still haven't seen any reasonable arguments or proof. Alot of supposition. Curious, if such a creature existed, would they laugh out loud at these pontifications?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join