It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

want to hear about nde's- what do people really see at the end

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'd like an answer to this question myself. My father fought leukemia for two years. On his deathbed his last words were an emphatic "I gotta get outta here!"

I'd sure like to know what was going on.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I recently found the testimony of Howard Storm's Near Death Experience. His story helped me to reconnect with my religious beliefs. Perhaps you might also gain some insight about NDE's from his experience...

The Future Could Be So Beautiful....

I'm very sorry to hear of your mothers passing, but she's in a better place now.

Bright Blessings to you and yours.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I'd like to tell you my story about a close NDE. However first I must propose the question. Can a person experience an NDE before dying? I believe something similiar can happen. Note: I never died, but had an amazing experience.

I will try to be brief here, so I don't get deleted. My lifelong conquest was to understand why I had such a comprehension problem. I had barely passed high school and constantly asked questions I already knew to my wife when I was married. I will relate the next situation as a natural phenomenon.

At work years later, a friend introduced me to a website about brain research. Over 30 years research was conducted on the amygdala and it was found that "clicking the amygdala forward" released a chemical into the frontal lobes that increases logic, memory, perception, and intelligence. I tried the "brain exercises" and even ordered a DVD about the experiences. One day while I was just relaxing, the experience (which I equate to a near NDE) happened. I didn't see any angels. However suddenly, I felt an OVERWHELMING feeling of unity and love. The next day at work I was flabbergasted when I realized my memories had soared. My work performance had improved overnight.

To this day I am am not afraid of nearly anything, I'm exceeding in my academic endevours, afraid to speak of my experience, and still have those "spiritual encounters" nightly. I am a christian; love Jesus, but cannot understand what has happened to me. Sometimes I almost feel like an outcast. I think there is so much more about the "NDE" and God we don't know yet. Also I have yet to understand the tingles I feel in my head constantly. I'm led to believe a '___' was released and now resides in my frontal lobes. One thing I love to do this day is memorising things. After the experience I found I had the ability to memorise a 200 digit or longer number in a very short span of time.

I didn't experience the white light (since I wasn't physically dead), but I did experience mental levitation, an unconditional love, and was able to recall memories I had forgotten as a child. However my family doesn't like to hear me talk about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Our third kid was born 4 months premie.

After a month and a half in the NICU, he was released for us to bring home. Our two older kids are of elementary school age (petrie dish), and he--to make a long story short--went down.

Suffice it to say that he is still with us, but for the longest time, he was enthralled by staring at lights and would LOVE IT when my wife would put his "Blankie" over her head (like the vision of the virgin Mary).

Take that for what it's worth.

Good stuff on the "other side."

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by philosopherrose

Many people claim to see angels, family members, tunnels of light, anomalous lights with no apparent source.

I have yet to see an NDE that wasn't religious or spiritual in nature; I have never heard of anyone having an NDE about something unrelated to death or spirituality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join