It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

want to hear about nde's- what do people really see at the end

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A few weeks ago my mother died and it has left me with one big question. What do people really see at the end?

My mother was on her "deathbed" for about a week and unable to communicate or move, but her eyes were transfixed on a spot on the wall towards the ceiling for several days before her passing. At the actual moment of death, her eyes were wide open and slowly went from the spot on the wall to directly over her head.

I apologize, as I'm sure this type of thing has been discussed before, but I would really like to hear actual experiences of people who have been to "the other side" and brought back, as to what they "saw" at the end.

Religous people might point to angels, God, Jesus. Some might say they saw a white light. For all I know, they could actually be staring at an alien. I would be interested in hearing other people's opinions as to what one might see at the end.

Do people who die suddenly (in a car crash for instance) see something different or have different experiences than someone who has been lying in a hospital bed and had a slow drawn out death?

All I DO know for sure is that SOMETHING was in the room with her for about a week. I just wish I could have seen it. It just really makes you think... I don't know what to believe at this point, and maybe I never will until my day comes.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I can't believe that no one has an opinion on this. It's hard to believe that on a board this big no one is willing to share their near death experience. Is it something I said????

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
hi,

good topic,

from what i've heard, when you are dying, '___' is released from the pineal gland (correct me if im wrong, but its something similar)...

I suppose if you die instantly, shot or hit by a truck or whatever, then the brain has no chance to release this (and i've heard a theory that this is why people who die suddenly, don't realise they are dead and become 'trapped', like a trapped spirit or something)... or have an out of body experience, cos the spirit or soul or whatver is suddenly seperated from the vessel.

But if a person is slowly dying, the '___' is released and i think this may be either a 'trigger' for the next stage or is actually responsible for the white light experience....

can anyone elaborate?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't have anything really to add to this post. Neither I nor anyone else I know have had NDEs but I wanted to give My condolences to You and Yours. After all We experience in this life I sure hope that there's something better on the other side.

Peace. K*

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Please feel free to read about the Near Death Experience I had in February 2006. I found peace and complete love in the light that was God. He spoke to me and I to him just outside heaven.

My Near Death Experience and Ascent to Heaven

I'm very sorry to hear of your mothers passing, just know that there is life after.

[edit on 11/22/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Kinglizard, that's an incredible experience... wow

To the OP, i'm sorry to hear of your mothers passing, but she's in a better place now.

Peace

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I believe people go to the astral realm before they are reborn again. and because of the nature of the astral realm it looks different for everyone so beliefs come into it to large degree

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I believe when you have an NDE or when you die, you will ultimately see what you believed in this world. If you were a Christian, you'd see Christ. If you were a Buddhist, you'd see Buddha, etc. I've never had an NDE so this is just my .02 cents.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thank you everyone, both for your replies and your condolences. Yes, I know my mom is in a better place, wherever that may be.

It was just very interesting actually witnessing someone seeing "something" and it really got me thinking about what we see.

I do sort of lean toward the thought that we might see what we believe in or what we wish to see (releatives that have passed, etc.)

I will check out the NDE posting that you gave me- thank you very much! I really would like to hear about MANY people's experiences if they are out there to be found.

Thanks to all!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wow, KingLizard. That was a very amazine story and I'm glad to have read it.

When my mom passed, a friend of mine gave me a book called "90 Minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper, but I haven't read it yet.

She read it and told me that it was written by a minister who was pronounced dead for 90 minutes--don't ask me how?? She said it was a really good read and that it described his experiences.

I just haven't gotten up the courage or energy to read it yet, but I would love to hear first hand accounts of anyone who has ever experienced something like this.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
from what i've heard, when you are dying, '___' is released from the pineal gland (correct me if im wrong, but its something similar)...

Unfortunately, from what Ive read, such understanding is speculative. There is no conclusive evidence that says for a fact that N, N-'___' is released at the time of birth or death.

Thought I believe it to be true, I do not think it is scientifically recognized as such.

To the OP: I am sorry for your loss. But as for your question, I believe what we see is very personalized. Your mother may have seen previous loved ones, a pet, or a familiar face, guiding her to the beyong. You may never find out exactly what she saw, but take solace in the fact that it was comforting, and most likely, exactly what she needed to see to pass on.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thank you InSpiteOf. I do hope that, like you said, whatever she saw was indeed comforting.

Actually, and not to be gruesome here or anything, the face she made was pretty disturbing to me (which may be why I'm seeking answers). It was a very painful look, so I don't know if she was in pain when taking her final breaths, she saw something disturbing or it was simply muscular contractions.

And in no way do I believe my mom could have seen hell or anything, so that is not a fear. My mom could have been a saint (if she were catholic that is :lol
So wherever she went, if there is an afterlife, I believe she is in "the good place"

The face was pretty disturbing though...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Deathbed visions.. Maybe you would like to read this interesting article
deseretnews.com...

I'm sure deceased relatives were there and welcomed your mother..

[edit on 22-11-2007 by Xlivewire]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by philosopherrose

I would wager that it was muscle contractions more than a willful display of fear or disgust.

I dont believe in hell, I dont think your mother went any place scary or dark.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Well about 2 weeks ago, I over dosed on some drugs at school. I lay on the floor for about 5 minutes not breathing because no one knew CPR, and the only reason I'm still alive is because a cop was nearby and saved me.

Apparently I died or almost died, but I can say that there weren't any bright lights or anything. It was just a dark void of nothingness.

(And yes, I've given up drugs ;D)

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
When my mum died in '98, for her last few days she was heavily medicated with morphine and became terrified of her stairs, as if something was there. When I walked her to the loo, past the top of the stairs, she clung onto the wall for her life and wouldn't even open her eyes. Everything else was fine but there was something about the stairs that intensely frightened her and I don't think it was falling. One day when my sister was sitting with her she gasped out loud and said "my God, what a fright you gave me" to someone that wasn't there. All these things one could probably put down to the drugs but the night before she died I found myself, in the middle of the night, being carried through the air over a beautiful village and stopping outside the top of a church with a tall spire that had a stone angel on top, reaching up to the sky. It was so clear it semed more than just a dream. My doctor expected my mum to linger for a few months but the next night when I was sitting with her something made me say, "gran and papa are here and you can go with them whenever you want." she died about 20 seconds later.I'm sure here's more to death than a release of '___', or morphine hallucinations in our case. My grandad had a serious accident in the pit in 1957. He told me that someone said "Tom, it's not your time, you have to go back". And he never changed that story till the day he died. In my own experience, I fell underwater at the pool once and was instantly out of body. I could see myself screaming and thrashing around but I definitely bi-located and was watching myself calmly from the outside. There is an "outside", I was there. Nowadays when I hear of a drowning tragedy, I feel a kind of calm for the victim because I know that during those last moments of terror that the person inside is probably calm, and viewing their fate from somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I had what I believe was an NDE once. I don't know for sure though. Doctors dont know what caused it. I was walking with my GF down the street and I suddenly had a seizure. She said I started convulsing VERY badly. I hit my head a number of times and stopped breatheing. She got my cell phone and called an ambulance. They said I had stopped breatheing for about 1 1/2 minutes. Which was almost enough to cause permanant brain damage. My heart had stopped beating for a few seconds as well. As I said...they have no idea why I had a seizure. As far as I know, seizures are not lethal unless you sustain heavy brain damage.

At some point, I don't remember if it was during the seizure or after or before. But, I saw a figure. And it was NOT a white figure. It was dark, pure black. I remember being terrified of it. More terrified than I can remember ever being in my entire life. I myself am a very dark person. I was never able to find out if this figure was just my imagination or something trying to kill me.

But yeah. That is my NDE...not even sure if it WAS an NDE. Sure felt like it though

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
well philosopherrose, others may have lucid visions of angels or such,
but the 2 nde's i've experienced were of a most intense emotional
or feeling sort,
there was a 'being' which spoke but never 'materialized' as a human
form in a flowing robe or anything...there was only a genteel voice
which augmented the blissful feeling that flowed throughout my
spiritual/astral body.

both times i was actually dead & then revived by the trauma teams...
both times i was given the choice to remain in that blissful, peaceful,
state of being in ecstacy = something like a perpetual '___' trip, or
like every cell in your body was charged with energy and felt ready to explode into a flash of light.

......And both times i declined, and said to the (?telepathically heard?)
voice...that "No, i have more work to do back there, i appreciate your offer"..."besides, i always understood my end would come in the rainforest'

2 things came out of surviving the 1st nde, my opertion(s) at Duke University hospital (Halstead Clinic), set the stage for future operation successes in restructuring one's internal 'plumbing' for few-or-many vietnam vets who were wounded/maimed in that infernal war.

the 2nd important work i was to perform was to go on my mission-quest
and witness the middle eastern pilots in training at a Phoenix school, tell the FBI in 1995, and become a Fool-Hero by warning others.

Now my 2nd nde. was in 1997, after i fulfilled my mission-quest(s)
having returned to life among the living for some 24 1/2 years since the last nde...
and was rewarded by:
being the human guinea-pig medical trial/operation at Duke,
then by witnessing the sky craft on 3 dec '96,
then again rewarded by being there for the Phoenix lights in mar '97...

on 5-6-'97 a brain aneurism went hemorrhage, the 2nd nde...
this time i again found myself in a etheral/cosmc setting, and once again
the disembodied voice asked if i wished to stay in that perpetual state of
excitement/bliss/?nirvana?... where your never tired-hurt-sweating-shivering-hungry-lonely-thirsty-or any of the struggles of living...

again i thanked the voice for the invitation, but declined - because my life had more struggles to experience, as adversity fosters strength & character growth....and besides- the AZ desert was far removed from a rainforest !

i'm looking forward to the coming nde, after another 24 1/2 year interval,
by then i'll be 73 1/2 yrs old....maybe by then i'll be on that houseboat in some rainforest and return to the Earth mother goddess.

cheers,

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Those are all great stories and I really appreciate everyone for sharing. My mom was not on morphine, but she was heavily medicated. Still, I don't believe her experience was a result of the drugs.

The hospice nurse said something to me that was sort of comforting (although no one can be sure- right?). She said that by the time my mom took her final breaths, she was probably already outside of her body and sitting right beside me. Profound... but it would be fitting with many of the stories I have read.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by philosopherrose
The hospice nurse said something to me that was sort of comforting (although no one can be sure- right?). She said that by the time my mom took her final breaths, she was probably already outside of her body and sitting right beside me. Profound... but it would be fitting with many of the stories I have read.

Most likely, The "final moments" are probably just the body trying to continue to do what it was made for. That is speculative, but that's my two cents.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join