It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dartford Cemetery Debunked Discovery's "A Haunting"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IBONUMBER1

ive been in some of americas most haunted places some can be explained and others not so easily. for you to think that there is nothing out there but us makes you a moron ..... to many people see and hear vthing everday to say that there all crazy

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
FUNNY! This just got over on TV about 20 minutes ago.

I wouldn't say the OP debunked the cemetary.
I would say that they didn't get activity that time.
Ghosts don't perform on que.

Haunted Cemetaries
Check out this listing.
I've been to #3.
It's VERY VERY spooky.
Even in the daytime.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Cool web link. I'll check it out in detail tonight.

In the meantime. I've been to this cemetery in Kingston Ontario. Check out the history at this page and a news story

Although I didn't find and remains or have any encounters it was creepy to say the least.

“Over time, different remains would come to the surface; that’s why it has the name Skeleton Park,” O’Loughlin said.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by venividivici]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

im planning a trip to the cemetery in the next few weeks. im having a hard time finding somebody to go with. my wife will not go. once i find 2 people to go with me im going. im psyched about it.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor

Originally posted by hiii_98

Noises and conversations were also purported. This one too was easily dismissed. The SMALL graveyard is surrounded by houses, and one of hte homes had a television on which we could clearly hear in the graveyard itself.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by hiii_98]

Presumably, in November, the windows would be closed on the house but you were still able to hear the TV?

I find that hard to believe.

lol...

You can easily hear a TV through a solid wood closed door much less a window case and point...

My niece was telling me a ghost story the usual flashlight to the face lights turned off etc. She then proceeds to say, "and then she heard a scream" exactly after she said that we heard a distant scream and she looks at me and goes, "Man you can throw your voice really well!"

I laughed and said it wasn't me then she freaked and flipped on the lights. I wanted to go check out where it came from but I had to wait until her parents got home because she was too afraid to be left alone.

I found the source was in a room door closed and the TV was on with the volume so low I couldn't hear it. However another scream very lightly came across the TV identical to what we heard and it was Friday the 13th playing on the TV. If I could hear that through a solid wood door and no not one of the cheap junk doors you buy today, then easily you could hear a TV through a window.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Don't single out the RELIGIOUS!!! That is so unfair. I have been religious for 15 years and almost every christian or "religious" person I know believes in spirits. I too seen the episode of The Haunting in which this graveyard appeared and would like more information as to where it is?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think it's hard to understand or believe such experiences unless you have experienced them yourself. I personally have had my own so I can relate and even though I'm skeptical I don't tell myself that something supernatural isn't happening. It's the same thing with UFO's, the majority of people are very skeptical if not completely sure that they don't exist. But If they had there own experience they would probably have a different take.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Green Lake was once a very rich place. Now it is in economic decline. A tourist town with no tourists would of course benefit from any form of tourism, even necro-tourism.

Take this show on Dartford with a grain of salt. I never heard it was haunted until the economy dumped.

I do believe in spirits. Chief Hightower would not be the evil spirit there. He is the chief that I believe is referenced.

Dartford is a small cemetery, hard to get lost in. The dead of Green Lake likely rest in peace. The living, not so much.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Not that I believe in ghosts, but your debunking explanations regarding why some of the phenomena occur could be just as wrong also. While I realize that people who go into a graveyard do so in order to seek the thrill of being frightened, your explanations do not prove anything to me either.

It is clearly understood that people live all around the graveyard. So what? You heard sounds from a TV. So what?

Maybe the spirits just didn't take you seriously! Maybe they don't like so much negative vibes! Maybe you went on the wrong night. Maybe the spirits are not putting on a show for your entertainment...who knows?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I agree, I am having a few issues with many of the postings i am reading on this paranormal( maybe) activity.

1- I would wonder IF there is a local professional accredited paranormal group in that area- why haven't they been monitoring this cemetery?
( obviously its quite a popular place - many have seen this on TV, I would like to see the results of REAL documentation.)
I see you plan to do this and you claim to be a professional. I would like to see what you find out. - and BTW kudos about the comment about the folks that investigated it last while/or after drinking. that is not the sign of any professional.

2- the thrill seekers here seem to be mainly kids & teens.- what is ODD to me , are people willing to drive from across the country to see this place when EVERY state & almost every city that i have researched HAS there own "haunted places" why travel so far?
I live in Michigan , there are a TON of places here that are "haunted" or have myths of hauntings. I can ghost hunt within a few miles of my home.
( in fact I have lived in 3 haunted houses , none drove me away , none were "evil" as in demonic per se ) and a poster is VERY correct that mentioned Ghosts do not appear on demand , and they cannot hurt you - ( in my opinion , anyway for what that is worth) however, its been my experience , you can get scared and hurt yourself - but after living in 3 haunted homes - I have NEVER been hurt ( I have had items in my home damaged by only one of these ghosts ) And, furthermore, everyone in my family had different experiences with each home/ghost .
some of us saw them some Heard them some never saw or heard anything at all. My pets ALWAYS knew the ghosts were there, even when none of us did

all but ONE ghost i encountered had NO idea they were dead and they were easily helped to the other side ONE ghost refused to go out of fear - she seemed to believe that she was going to "hell" and was scared to cross over . sadly i could not help her cross over .

I do think for entertainment reasons these hauntings are made to get your attention & hold it - hey its TV - and they need ratings too.
that doesn't discount that the hauntings may be real, but it may explain a bit about the strange massive activity they seem to show.
NOTE; many postings from people that claimed to have experienced injury's from this place- all were the same types of wounds portrayed on the TV show. I find that VERY interesting as it seems to"perfect"

Even when living in haunted homes we rarely saw that much activity in YEARS as they seem to portray in a matter of hours on these shows.
I really would like to see trained paranormal pro's go there and see what they find , if they are lucky enough to catch the ghosts in an active mood. I wonder if you will bring a psychic medium with you as well as equipment?

One more point i would like to toss out;
orbs are NOT always ghosts - a term i use for earthbound spirits/souls. I believe Orbs can be anything from your passed on family & friends to Angels , these are visiting you and NOT earthbound as so called Ghosts are.

I also express concern about the "thrill seekers" as they are making "ghost hunting"very difficult for many of us , as the signs of disrespect( littering, graffiti, etc- are causing law enforcement to crack down harder on those of us that go IN do not disturb the site and NEVER do damage to these areas. We are here seeking answers and possibly communication, we are NOT here to get a thrill OR trash a place.

in closing
to the poster that was speaking of scared ground/ holy grounds etc. - I do not believe MOST ghosts are "demonic , thus "holy ground" would be meaningless. JMHO

Namaste;

JK

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

wow... you guys sound so brave staying out there all of 30 minutes...
I understand its cold.. but if you are doing a paranormal investigation you should definitely have stayed longer than that. I mean, i would have stayed at least an hour and a half.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Sorry to bust your bubble but they have debunked Evet on the Travel channel that almost all of the stuff they see, hear, or things moving, or hearing things are FAKED! Go to youtube and see how it is all done. I used to like that show too until I found out about them faking everything! That is why I think Ghost Hunters rule! I'm sorry but show me how they fake stuff like someone said on this site! I believe them and only them!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

CUHAIL....i saw your post...did you mean fox lake illinois? with the Mineola hotel? let me know.... email me at [email protected]
i live in twin lakes, i was just curious

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I've read that spirits will haunt a cemetery because they want to be close to their physical body. True or not, not sure. The creator of this blog did well in debunking some things but with all respect, doesn't mean there is no activity or that other's experiences are invalid. What may happen to some does not mean it will happen to you. It could have been a bad night, if I were you I would definately schedule another investigation. We received a lot of clear EVPs from cemeteries, so most deifnately have activity, we've been lucky enough to capture something at each one we've visited. Good luck to you all.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

I personally believe there would be a differance from hearing a tv in the home that you are in and being in a cemetery with homes nearby. Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join